ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 30, 2009

~Rainy Aches~


Its a very gloomy rainy day and I sure feel it.. I'm
lazy and tired and both stumps feel like theyre gonna
explode.. I guess its cuz of the change in humidity or
something.. I bet if I stuck a pin in them I would fly
around the room like a balloon.. Wouldn't THAT be a
cute sight ? :-) But that's how tight they feel.. To
touch they don't feel swollen or to look at them.. but
that's how they FEEL to me... Its NOT a good feeling
and some times makes them really ache..


I was diagnosed with severe arthritis in my feet and
legs and in my shoulders and upper arms back in 90,
when I went to the doctor in Green Bay about my sore
heels and feet.. She said back then that in 10 years or
so I would be in a wheelchair because of the arthritis
in my feet was so bad.. She was right about me being
in a chair but not because of arthritis...

I do think that's what has settled in the remaining leg
bones though. How could it not? If you sprain or break
a leg or foot or what ever, hand, arm.. arthritis will set
in and I think that's a lot of the problem for amputees
as far as phantom pain too.. I bet arthritis could be the
cause of a lot of it... I'm just guessing but it makes sense
to me.. And I KNOW it HURTS :-)

Its raining today and I was so surprised to see the sucker
truck out there sucking up leaves! I guess it doesn't really
matter that the leaves are wet but I would think it would
sort of muck up that truck or the hose!.. They were picking
up Carls yesterday and I saw where the truck had to go
and empty out and then came back and got the rest.. Its
kinda windy today so maybe all the remaining leaves will
fall and Carl and Joyce will only have one last time to have
to rake, and blow and suck up the leaves.. 2 weeks they
have been doing this. I bet theyre ready to take a 5 !
Penny put a nice beef roast in the oven for me today and
in a few hours it should be ready .. :-) I KNOW its gonna
have some great gravy cuz she put in a package of gravy
mix, McCormicks is the best, and onion and 2 small
potatoes. It will be done in a couple hours.. She has the
oven on only 300 as I am not in any big hurry to eat right
now...later on I will be ready for it when I am logged off
this puter and ready to watch TV. About 3 or so.... Ive
really not had that much of an appetite lately and I don't
really know why.. But that does keep the weight down ! :-)

Time to post and finish cleaning my table in the kitchen...
I started it yesterday and I didn't do it all.. so today I
need to put it ALL away... Plus I need to call my sis and
tell her I have her doilie that Penny made.. I didn't call
yesterday I spaced THAT out and just fergot :-) Well
this GORGEOUS WEEBLE wont ferget tho to warn ya ,
"I Shall Return!" :-)

Y'all have a good one, now y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend...
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I bet it's the rainy weather that is making your stumps ache. Low atmospheric pressure always aggravates those kinds of medical conditions - arthritis, too.
    We've got rain coming over to-night, but clearing to a lovely day to-morrow. I'm glad, as Vic and Dennis, friends of ours, are getting married to-morrow. Ines has made a wonderful cake as a wedding gift to them both.
    We spent most of to-day helping to set up the village hall in West Anstey for their reception. Was fun!
    They are having a live jazz band there for the evening. That's better than a disco, where you can't hear yourself think, much less talk!!
    Take Care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    HIYA RAIFE !!
    So nice to hear from you... Rainy today too .. In between sunshine.. I dont think it knows what it wants to do out there!!

    As talented as Ines is I know that cake HAS to be just beautiful.. I hope you have a good time !

    Love N'Hugs..
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker