ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

~Carl Does Good Work~

We saw Carl yesterday going out to work in his
garage, so I sent Penny over there to ask him
if he would fix my birdseed stand platform. It
was old and rotten and parts of it were breaking
off.. Penny noticed it when she put the food out
there for them this morning, so I told her when
we saw Carl again, if she would.. go and ask him
to fix it for me.. She did... :-)
Bluey had to check it out.. :-) It works! :-)

I didn't see him come over and to do it.. but he
must have right away.. He even doubled the thickness,
He just didn't paint it.. but it looks ok.. I'm happy with
it.. He does good work... :-)
You see how the birdbath is tipped over.. I don't
know who did it.. But this is the first time its
tipped over.. I know Penny said it had water in it
yesterday so maybe when she tipped it back.. she didn't
make sure it was stable.. The base of it.. is all full
of sand.. which gives it the weight.. its only plastic.
Penny is looking for another one.. FOR water :-)

Travis came today and we had a good visit.. Hes a
very nice guy.. He stayed for quite awhile and we
talked about everything.. All my worries and drama.
I am honest with him and I tell him just how I do
feel about everything.. I trust him.. I just hope he
never betrays that trust... or I wouldn't be able to
talk to him at all.. He mentioned about the drama
with the cancer guy and Wal Mart.. I wont spend a
dime in that store ever again.. just for the way they
are treating this poor man.. If one of them had a
prescription to take a pain pill during working hours
they wouldn't hesitate.. This man has a prescription
to be able to smoke to handle his pain.. What is the
difference? Not fair as far as I'm concerned.. And
as much as I LOVE Wal Mart.. I will NEVER spend a
dime in that store again. Penny knows NOT to go
there for me. I would be most upset.. If they change
their policy.. THEN I might let her go there again
to shop.. It IS a great store..AND I will be the first
to tell you its got a lot more than Meijers.. BUT.. I
STILL wont spend my money there..


Well enuff for today.. I am having some left over
scalloped potatoes .. They were.. ARE very good..
Penny did a GREAT job with them.. :-) So.. This
GORGEOUS WEEBLE is posting this and gonna eat.
I Shall Return tho! :-)

Always, Lois ****


God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous barebuttbob said…

    Hi Dear,
    Well, glad to hear the birdies are being well cared for. Our goldfinches are really returning to their bright yellow.
    Nasty cold rainy windy day here and I had to drive to New Haven. Took me almost 5 hours with the rain and traffic. yecch. Your scalloped taters sound good - I love them. Yum.
    Take care.
    Bare Hugs
    Butty

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Butty!!
    So good to hear from you!! Thanks for the photos !!! Yes, we take good care of our critters... We are gonna have up in the high 70's it says.. The taters were .. note WERE.. GREAT!!! :-)

    Love N'Hugs!
    LOis ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker