ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

~HoneySuckle 'N Hummers~

Hummers Happy
The honeysuckle is blooming outside my back door and
the smell is wonderful..The hummers are back and they are
having the best time between my feeder and the flowers, its
nice to see.. Just watching these birds and critters, to me,.
is so relaxing.. I really enjoy it..Sometimes the birds fight, and
sometimes like the doves, they are steady trying to.. lets just
say the male is VERY persistant..and steady chases the female,
and they run around, fly up in the air, and then stop and eat..
I will be glad when I can get something to put in my other birdbath
so I can put it out there for water for them.. Its starting to heat up
outside so they will enjoy the water.. I think I will put it over by
the birdhouse,,, maybe, It might make the water TOO hot since
it would be in full sun.. I think that's why they like that one under
the pine tree, its shaded.. I could just put a bowl of water in the
center of that one.. but then if these are sloppy birds, the seed
would get wet and that wouldn't be good.. Ive seen some of the
birds take baths.. they splash all over and Penny said the water
is really dirty. :-) A separate water bath would be best..
My peonies outside the back door ..there are 3 different colors.
Last year the white didn't bloom at all.. There is only 1 white
peonie flower out there, that I can see.. Isnt it pretty? They are
all just beautiful.. I told Joyce to come over and pick a few for
a bouquet.but shes not done it yet.. They cut the grass last nite
and the yard looks so nice..
I have been steady taking photos.I am so bad when it comes
to cameras.. When I sit and watch outside I keep seeing things
that I think would make great photos.. I downloaded 48 photos
this morning and out of all of them I only use the few I put here.
I have NO idea why I take so many.. I guess its so I can enjoy
seeing what I HAD seen but is gone...

Donnies birdhouse is being checked out by all the birds.. The
crow is a tad too big.. But I bet about an hour after he left after
he put that out there the birds were at it.. I hope they use it..I
think Penny will paint it for me..But if she doesn't it looks ok
like it does. I just think painting it might make it last longer..
Its on a metal pole.. I want to get a hook to put by it to hang
a morning glory on it.. I already started the seeds in a hanging
pot..Now all I need is the hook... Penny is looking...It could
be so pretty out there..

Me, I am feeling pretty ok... My usual daily aches and pains..
Nothing new..and I am MOST grateful.. I have enough :-) I
don't know what my dinner will be today, Ive been wanting a
nice juicey burger, I have some of those wonderful onion
rolls and with some good sauteed onions.. Sounds good to
me.. and the burgers are all patted out ready to just unthaw
and fry.. Works for me !! Solved THAT problem didn't I?
Was easy.. Now to put my plan into action.. Its that time..
GORGEOUS WEEBLE post time.. Hope your having a nice
sat day.. remember.. I shall return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Love all the pictures Lois.
    Bob been sleeping a lot today, he might have over done it yesterday...plus I took a long nap too...and I really needed it.
    Our grandsons came over today to visit, it was good for Bob...he loves to talk with them...It's hard to get a word in when they start talking about fishing and hunting...it good to just listen to them chat..
    God bless you Lois.

    Mary

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary!
    Im glad you like them .. I have the best time taking them.. Yes, I know ALL about that kinda talk lol..Ive heard it since I could hear..:-)

    Hope your having a nice holiday..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker