ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

~Nice Day~ :-)


Beautiful day today and I'm most pleased...When the weather is
nice I think everyone just feels better.. A nice warm rainy day is ok
once in a while..we all need to just stay inside every so often just to
relax or get stuff done at home.. Both working its hard for people to
find time to just be alone together, which they need... Yet sometimes
they need the separation too...Just to enjoy their own space you might
say ..:-) I like time just to myself... Before when I could do stuff I would
sit and imagine how wonderful it would be not to have to go to a job
every day, doing the same thing over and over..Yet its just what I'm
doing here, now.. I do the same routine day after day..I should NOT
complain.. as long as I still CAN do the same thing and not LESS
and LESS every day!.... :-)

I had a huge sewing room before with hardwood floors.. material
all folded and on shelves all around the room.. Anything I wanted
to make I could..I had the material..I don't think I ever had as much
as my sister Shirley though.. She has ALOT.. I think if she sewed
every day ..all day for the next 20 years she would NOT run out
of material.. :-) I sometimes say she has more than Walmart :-)
But that's how sewers are.. Its maddening to be in the middle of
making something and find out you don't have something you
need.. I think that's with anything you try to make though..Whether
its clothes or food or whatever..You havta have ALL the supplies..

I still am looking for lumber..I have called so many places In this
whole of St.Joe county and no one has spare or left over..:-( I
have NO idea how much it would take to build a 8X10 foot deck.
There are lots of plans online that I have studied carefully, but a
good carpenter knows shortcuts how to cut costs.. The one I think
would be perfect doesn't seem that it would take a long time
to build or be that hard.. I would like a railing, just for safetys
sake.. I know it would NOT stop this power chair but I would
feel safer..

This power chair- I am VERY glad it has tippers on it.. I got up
last night and I wasn't paying attention ..as I started to go into
the hallway I was too far to the right and ran into the wall.. I
bent the joy stick I hit so hard.. I was on my usual speed too.
When I hit the wall it was so fast before I could stop I was
almost laying on my back ON the FLOOR! .. It really scared
me.. What if I had gone over backwards.. THAT woulda been
a REAL sight.. From now on when I get up during the night
I am gonna turn a light on , just to make SURE I don't do
that again... This was REALLY a close call.. My joystick is
really bent and the wall? well I will need a bit of plaster :-)
I don't turn a light on cuz the outside yard light is very
bright and lights it up in here.. Well its obviously NOT
enough light to keep me from running into the walls :-)
Plus turning a light on really wakes me up and then by
the time I DRAG my self on and off the potty THEN back
on to my bed..I'm WIDE awake! But after last nights run
in I think I might better turn a light on :-)


What this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna do now is
turn on my microwave :-) to heat up some lunch.. I still
am kinda leary of eating too much- these past few days
have taken their toll.. But just because I feel better I
am NOT taking ANY chances of feeling BAD again :-)
So just a light lunch then I may just sit and watch my
back wonderful yard.. :-) But !!!! remember.. I WILL
return!! Hope y'all have a nice day !! :-)


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois Formel 1!
    You my dear need a helmet, gloves and an overall... Ask Penny to have a black and white flag, to wawe when you hiy your toilettracetrack....
    Dearest speedweeble, take it easy. I dont want you to crash, that woul crush me!
    Y O
    Rob

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois Formel 1!
    You my dear need a helmet, gloves and an overall... Ask Penny to have a black and white flag, to wawe when you hiy your toilettracetrack....
    Dearest speedweeble, take it easy. I dont want you to crash, that woul crush me!
    Y O
    Rob

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    We had rain this morning and now again tonight...We went to Tulsa all the way in the rain too but it was dry coming back home...and very glad about that too...Bob going to have a Heart scan before he can have the surgery on the 25 and the heart scan is the 24th...that the early time we could get and they check with four diffrent hospital in this area...
    Sunday will be the last day for the computer for about a week or so...As soon as I can will let you know how thing are...I will be staying up there with him till he get out of the hospital, then we will see if he has to go to skill nursing for awhile.
    No more runing into wall Lois, that not good for you as you know...
    Keep on smiling you are a blessing to so many...
    We love you, you know.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    OH dear - Women drivers!!!! Aren't they just the END!!!
    I'm SO glad you didn't hurt yourself, Honey. And, yes, PLEASE turn that light on!! I'd hate for our Gorgeous Weeble to hurt herself - a bent joy-stick is easy enough to fix, but a bashed Weeble - - - - - -
    TAKE CARE, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    God Bless You,
    Raife

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker