ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 21, 2010

~Kelli's Birthday Today~

Today is my honeygirls birthday.. She is 24...Kelli is a sweet
girl.. I guess I should say woman.. Shes gonna have her 2nd
baby in November..This is Alex's mom.. Donnies daughter..
Shes done a lot with her life.. Shes gone to college, has a
great job, is married, and they bought their own house, and
now come the kids... Shes doing it in the right order.. Some
young women have the babies, then find a good dad THEN
the house and all the trimmings come later.. Kelli I am proud
to say has done it all according to Hoyle as they say :-)

That photo is of Kelli with her Papa..Willie, my 2nd hubby.. It
was the day they brought her home from the hospital and right
to me.. :-) Donnie and Kimmie (Kellis Mom) had lived with
Willie and I till just before Kelli was born.. They bought a nice
new mobile home, in a trailer park.. When Kelli was born we
thought it best that Kimmie stay with us till she got on her feet,
about 2 weeks..till Kimmie was ready to go back to work..
From that day on.. until I moved from Elkhart in 89 I think.. I
had Kelli at my house every day...She was MY DOLLY, a
real baby doll.. Look at the photo.. isnt she? She still is...and I
still call her that.. and she don't mind a bit :-) Happy Birthday
Dolly.:-) Gran Loves You :-)

I had hoped the nice weather would stay but woke up to rain
today.. Penny made it and has gotten us all clean again.. We
were kinda sloppy but not too bad.. I try to keep up on things.
And I can do dishes, its just hard.. The floors are whats the
hardest for me...I'm finding I cant reach the floor at all.. I havta
use my grabber, specially if its something flat like a coin or a
piece of paper.. My fingertips don't even reach the floor..I
have short arms.. I wasn't very tall anyway before .. I usta be
5 feet 4 inches tall.. That's not THAT big.. and Ive always had
short arms..long fingers..good piano playing hands I used to
always be told.. :-)

Dawn's piano, Donnie said, is up for sale.. Id LOVE to have it..
My cousin June taught piano the whole time I was growing up.
I did her ironing every Monday night after school I would walk
to her house with her son, Bobby, he and I were great buddies.
He was well is.. hes alive and well, I hope, up there in God's
country the UP of Michigan.. June, bless her heart is in her
90's.. and still going strong.. As much as I LOVE the piano
and I would LOVE to learn how to play, I have a keyboard..
But I don't know why I never asked June to teach me to play
the piano.. I cant afford to buy it but I sure would LOVE to have it!!
Donnie just wants it out of his house! I'm hoping she will let me
store it for her :-) I have a good spot in the living room.. Id have to
re arrange but It could be done.. and worth it if I could get a piano..
A keyboard is good-but this is an old upright pianol..Like my grandmother
had..Id LOVE to learn how to play BOTH hands.. I can one hand..and
I CAN read music..but I cant get my left had to work well play
right...:-) I played clairinette for 6 years in school...


Well playtime now is finding some lunch.. I have NO idea what
but I never seem to have a problem finding something ..THAT
may be the problem!!! :-) Time to post and hopefully this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE will find something for lunch :-)
Remember.. I shall return!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Very nice picture there Lois.
    We had wonderful weather today...Will I got the lawn mowed tonight, very please with myself...so good that Bob can show we how to do it right...we are trying to make it easier for me to get the mower out and the thing that I need to work with till he able to do it himself...
    My oldest son will be here Saturday,I think for a few days till Bob has his surgery on Tuesday.

    I wanted to get the lawn mowed before our son got here, just didn't want him to have to do it for us this time...
    God bless you Lois.
    mary

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hon!
    We gave away our piano for free, when we bought the Digital one. Here its impossible to get accoustic pianos sold, no one want them....

    Hmm! you usta be 5 feet 4 inches tall (Sweet little kinda woman type).... Well have you been measured, after you became so drastically shortened? (And even more sweet). Would be intresting to know.

    Take care dear, and feel my thoughts
    Y O
    ROB

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    I bet your son would have been more than glad to help you.But I know what you mean...Donnie is due here today to put up a birdhouse he made for me..:-)

    Hiya Rob...
    So good to hear from you... I was 5foot 4..now just minus 2 feet!:-) so i guess Im 3 foot 4 now lol...thats what I say anyway~ Ihope you are feeling ok..

    So very nice to hear from you!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker