ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

~I Will Miss Shrimp~ :-(

I decided I'm gonna post this early and try to work on my
kitchen.. Ive not been sewing so I think its time I made my
kitchen look like one.. I have stuff every where, and this fall
I will have been living here 2 years? Doesn't seem that long
does it.. Just shows ya how fast time is going by..Summer is
just starting, yet it will be over so fast we wont even realize it.
This is a holiday week end coming up.. Memorial Day...Lots
of bbq stuff on sale right now.. The price of groceries has gone
up so drastically.. and now with that oil all over the gulf.. its
gonna ruin the fresh shrimp and crab..what its doing to those
people down there that depend on fishing for a living ... I feel
so bad for them.. I will miss having shrimp!! I know the price
will go up..fish already has...

Its over a month this oil has been leaking..I would have thought
that before they even allowed them to drill they would have had
to show some sort of "In case something happens" fix...The
video I saw showed 4 leaks..and that stuff was pouring out..
They all are blaming each other, when the main concern should
be to fix it before it got to where it Is now..Its a tragedy..and I
bet it CANT be fixed..Not in our life time..the damage has been
done..That's MY opinion anyway..

Life has gotten to where its not valued anymore..People don't
value each other...How can they when a man can kill his wife..
or a son kill a father..Or any kind of human killing another..To
have NO value for another person..that they feel they have the
right to take someones life. I don't understand.. A young man,
23, killed his 19 year old, 8 months pregnant wife.. That is SO
sad!!! I don't understand that kind of thinking..whats so bad
is that this happened not far from me...They think they may
have found the young woman from here that came up missing..
I hope so..Its so awful not knowing if a loved one is dead or
alive...

I was thinking about all this today whilst I sat in the doorway
this morning..enjoying all the LIFE going on outside..Kids
walking to school..one rode his skate board. :-) the birds
all over eating everything they find.. The kitties came running
so fast when they saw me open the door..I saw Carl go out
and check his birdfeeder, then go on his daily morning walk..
There IS life out there !..My sister phoned last night and I
was thinking about what we talked about..and it was a lot
of her and Stanley working in the yard..Shirley is picky about
hers..and every year its just beautiful..She has geese and
ducks and babies..birds and rabbits. just like I have...we
compared our critters.. :-) our yards are a lot alike..except
she can go out in hers any time she wants to.. I wish I could
do that..One of these days hopefully :-)

Ok, I'm done for today and gonna try to get my table cleared
off. its a lot ..hopefully my arms wont give out :-) This
GORGEOUS WEEBLE has work to do..BUT!! I shall return!

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I am deeply ashamed that the company involved with this Gulf tragedy has the word "British" to its name.
    I cannot understand why there was no "worst case" scenario researched by them. Sod's law says "if it can happen and its bad, it will" There are too many firms everywhere who are prepared to cut corners for a few extra bucks - so are banks!

    Sounds like you are feeling a bit better, Honey. I DO hope so. I worry about you. Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Alot of people not just the brits..We allowed it..And yes..why did they not have a 'fix it' just in case.. Makes me wonder about all these other ones they have ! They said they knew ahead of time..by at least a week, and no one did anything..

    Im trying to feel better, im just on that roller coaster and it wont slow down..the ups and downs are getting to me...not to worry :-)
    Hearing from you helps :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker