ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 22, 2010

~Birds Aint Scared~


I was watching a movie yesterday afternoon when we got a warning
across the bottom of the TV that said 'tornado watch'. Which doesn't
mean one is out there, just that its possible and the storm with it could
do damage.. So I decided to go out to the kitchen and watch the storm
as it got here.. It was just raining lightly and a tad windy, not bad.. I
listened to the thunder and saw the faint lightning flashes and the storm
wasn't close, I didn't think.. the birds were still out there eating and flying
around..The wind got stronger and as I sat there I saw the line of rain
that was coming my way.. It was like a chorus line of dancers stomping
their feet in water as they danced across the lawn, my driveway and by
the time that line of water dancers got to my roof it was like a thundering
bunch of animals that you hear on TV.. The birds were STILL out there...
They werent afraid at all.. Here I am, and these 2 cats and we are kinda
scared! :-)
The crows were still out there fighting over the corn, the little brown guys
and even the doves.. They still wobbled around the yard, even with the
thunder and lightning!.. I was surprised to see that..Made me feel kinda
stupid for being scared :-) The hummer is back.. and hes super fast this
year. Penny saw him yesterday..By the time I get the camera up he's
moving so fast from side to side I cant get a good photo ! He sat on top
the hanger for awhile but by the time I got the camera on, the flash shut
off and the zoom up hes gone! That's the problem! Too much to do to
get the camera ready.... THEN you have to push the button down part
way till the lines show green so you know its in focus!! Well if I don't
have my glasses on.. I cant tell !!! Then when I download the photos I
see they WERE otta focus,, I know.. I have MORE problems hey? :-)

Anyhoway.. Donnie called last night and he has to work today but he
said he would come up after work to put up my new birdhouse. :-)
I had to call some DIG place to make sure there are no gas lines
or what ever that he could damage when he puts the pole in the
ground.. He remembers a friend that was using a back hoe and no
one called the dig place to find buried gaslines or cable..Well that
scooper hit a gas line and the driver was hurt pretty bad.. the back
hoe was destroyed when that line exploded...So Donnie is super
careful when he puts stuff in the ground.. I have flags all over the
yard out there.. :-) They came right away which was most Im-
pressive... I wouldn't think just a pole for a birdhouse would need
to go that deep but.. well best NOT to take chances.. I hope he
will clean off the grass from that slab of cement while hes out
there :-) He said he would pick up some sand for the new bird
bath.. I hope he doesn't forget and I hope hes not real late.. I
tend to slow WAY down in the afternoon.. :-)

With all that said I'm gonna post this and make a roast beef
and Swiss sandwich for my lunch.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE
is a tad hungry... and that sounds good.. Penny picked up some
roast beef at the store yesterday.. Time to post.. but remember..
I shall return !! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois
    Sure glad those tornado didn't come our way either...our tomatos plants are growing so much and looking so green...
    Sunday might be the last time on the computer for a week, going to stay in Parson for those few days...
    We had a wonderful visit with our son Robert and daughter in law Tina tonight...they going to take us out to eat in the morning... and her parents too...Jerry Tina father is going to have knee surgery the same day as Bob total hip replacement...none of us know the time yet and with the same doctor...We love Tina parents they are wonderful people.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    I will miss you~! Hurry back...I always enjoyed going out for breakfast more than I did supper I think :-) Bisquits and gravy MMMM fried potatoes.. GOod stuff.. I hope all goes well for you and Bob and Jerry!
    Keep well and dont over do!
    Love N'Hugs, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker