ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 28, 2010

~Up Early Again~ :-)

Another nice day. I woke up early, about 6:30, I got up, made
coffee and of course fed the kids.. All this time I'm doing this
I'm thinking today is Thursday, totally spacing out the fact that
Penny will be here today...:-) She got us all clean and set for
the week end.. We, well she, may make potato salad today
or maybe some sandwich spread sounds good too..To be
honest nothing really sounds good..I think we have run out of
ideas of new things to make..:-) I have a hard time thinking of
new stuff.. Then I head to my recipe boxes..I have mine and
my moms..Best thing I think I really got of hers..:-) Most of my
recipes are from my grandmothers or my mom..well some are
from my cousin June, shes an excellent cook too..

I watch a lot of cooking shows on tv..the ones with these 'Chef's'
from these fancy restaurants..called Iron Chefs,.. I don't think
their food looks that great..plus you don't get hardly any at all..
AND I have no idea what most of the stuff is that they use! You
KNOW these dishes must cost a lot at these places.. Not for
me.. Plain good cooking is the best..That show on the food
channel.."Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" is a great show..The
host Guy Fieri is a chef.... but he appreciates the basic and
good 'Home Cookin'.. He travels to all these small diners
and tries the food which I KNOW is a 100 times better than
the stuff they show these people making costing a ton of
money..I don't think being able to use a lot of weird ingredients
makes you a good cook.. and I think a good cook is better
than a Chef... :-) so..there you have it... :-)

That still hasnt decided what we are gonna make today..
Its gonna be hot so I don't want to turn the oven on..That
would trigger the AC .. Penny got an estimate to fix the
AC on her furnace..over 200.oo.. But shes got to have
the AC ...later on it will really be hot..So she almost has
no choice but to repair it.. The motor or something is
shot...I'm glad mine runs good.. I keep the temp at 78.
its really nice in here..It doesn't start to heat up till the
afternoon..when the sun hits the west side..THEN it
gets a tad warm...I use the ceiling fan at night..It helps
to keep the air moving..:-)

I feel ok today, no energy, and still achey hands..but
other than that I feel ok..and to that this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE says "Thank you Lord" :-) Time to post
and to remind ya.. I shall return!!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Bob has had his new total hip replacement, wow he is doing real good...Parson Ks is the best place to go...

    He is already walking better and not much pain...

    having a little swelling in the leg right now...but that will happen anyway after surgery...We came home Thursday evening
    ...Bob is going to be back at his old self real soon now...and he feel real good too and sound real good too...Thank you for all your praying...He really keep me busy now...I got the garden water tonight...
    He got lots of exercise to do everyday, plus 200 steps three time a day, ice pack, breathing treatment and meds...he is doing real good...just 3 days in the hospital this time, 10 months ago he was in the hospital 17 days.
    God bless you Lois

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary!
    Wonderful! Im so glad hes doing so well.. I know you are taking good care of him..
    Good to hear from you!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker