ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, June 20, 2010

~Happy Dad's Day~ :-)


Fathers Day today.. Id sure like to be able to phone my Dad
and just hear his voice again..Although I can hear him. I have
some tapes I made during one of the road trips we took when
we visited up there. Mom and Dad would take Willie and I
and during our ride to where ever, Dad would tell stories of
some of the different times- things that happened while he was
there before.. Was always interesting.. I still have those tapes,
but its those old cassettes. Ive not checked them for awhile but
I hope they are ok..I don't think I have any videos of my parents,
None that I can find anyway.. Videos are so nice.. I do have some
old 8 mm movies and I have them on VCR tape as well.. I would
like to have them put on cds..
Dad in his garage I remember him mostly in there..He loved
being a mechanic.. Took pride in his work... :-)
I learned to drive on this, my Dads favorite Willys Jeep.. :-)
This is one of my favs of Dad and I, I dont have many of just him
and I .... sadly..but I love the ones I have :-)

I have to say my Dad had a great influence on who I am today.
I didn't realize until later years, but he taught me well and I hope
my boys are half the man their grandfather and for that matter
their great grandfathers..All 3 were great men..In fact my dads
ancestors were known for settling this part of Michigan, in Kent
County... I think they were the first to migrate here from Scuiate
Massachusetts, I never could spell that state :-) Where my moms
ancestors came over from England as well, only later..by about
300 years.. :-) My dads family came over on one of the ships
that came with Christopher Columbus.. I have a family tree that
is so interesting.. Amazing all that is written there. Took my
grandfather 20 years to write it ...

I still have the leak in the hall.. I have NO idea why there would
even BE a water line there anyway..its up in the ceiling..The
only water that could be from would be the AC...Its not gotten
any bigger but its still WET! Needs to be fixed.. I sent Joe a
email telling him its still wet AND I sent the picture so he can
see where I'm saying this leak is..I know he must have talked
to Carl about it.. but he must not have made arrangements
for him to recheck..No ones told me anyway..Maybe tomorrow.

I have no plans for today.. Just relax and watch TV.. Its going
to be up in the 80s today and sunny ..possible storms tonite..
Well now that you have the weather and updates on me ,,
this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna find some lunch.. I
have NO idea what.. But there is always something out there.
Just gotta look.. Time to post.. Remember I shall Return!!
Happy Daddy Day :-)


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker