ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, August 23, 2010

~D Day~


I'm late as the Dr just left..They got here about 10:45..My new
doctor, I am pleased to say is a woman..Dr. Mazie.young too.
mid 30's maybe..and VERY nice...So heres the scoop....

My heart is not the best..Ashley, nurse, could not get a BP reading
from my left arm..On the right it was 185 over 110..Which the Dr
said is NOT good..She didn't like the high bottom number.. any
howay..Ashley took 2 stabs to draw me and we are worried it may
not be enough blood for all the tests..I hope so.. I have a few new
meds..well no only 1 for the swelling and a new one for my heart..
Ashley did a EKG.. the Dr wasn't too impressed with that either...

I will have to have an electrocardiogram done, but they will come
to me..The Dr is worried about my carotid artery especially..They
sometimes have to be bypassed :-( They will call and let me know.

AND.. I have to have a nurse come at least once a week to keep
a watch on my BP and everything..I wasn't expecting that..but Dr
feels its best and safer for me...They will call and let me know about
that too..And Dr said if when they get my tests back if she feels
something needs to be added or adjusted she will do it then..

I'm glad that's over but am SO glad my Dr is a woman, and SO
very nice too..very easy to talk to.. The boys behaved quite well..
Dutch only laid on one of Ashleys bags but she didn't mind..LB
came out of the closet..sniffed them both and slowly walked back
to where ever it was he was..We all did good..

Carl came by too..said Friday they will be doing BOTH roofs..mine
is worse than theirs next door..He wanted to know what time they
could start, I told him when ever they want I can sleep anytime..
daybreak is fine with me, I saw where he went and asked them
next door too...

Ok I'm done with this, Ive not had coffee yet even..The Dr left and
I started to write this..so..this GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs
coffee.. Bev, if you read this relay to mom for me :-) I will call
my sis later and tell her.. Not bad news, but Its not the best either.
but oh well..I'm still here!! AND.. I shall return!!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    There, that wasn't half as bad as you feared, was it? Now, be a good girl and take those meds as and when you should! It is very reassuring that a nurse will be keeping an eye on you - nearly as good as me being there in person!! I guess the Good Lord as alerted your Guardian Angel! Mind you, He has been working overtime of late, hasn't He?
    Take care, Honey,
    God bless you and watch over you,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Ya, Im glad thats done..My dr is VERY nice, I like her I just hope all my crap didnt scare her off! :-)
    Id be lost with out ALL my guardian angels my dear friend..One is YOU! :-)
    good to hear from you!
    Hugs N'love,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker