ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

~No Plans~

Quiet Saturday and I have no plans to do anything..
I am still having a hard time sitting, it seems to get
better then comes back with a vengence... Its like
a chaffing, a red rash and it is very sore.. I am still
putting that creme on but its like everything else I
have tried... it works for a while and its like I get
immune to it and it stops working. I know I am
sick of all this already....

I'm having left overs you might say, stuff Penny
made for me yesterday.. She made some great
sauce and I may cook up some angel hair pasta
that's my favorite..

My chair for some reason has lost power too fast.
I don't know what the problem is that someone
isnt coming to fix this chair. My power chair is
a Quickie, which is a top of the line powerchair.
According to what ive been told, this chair should
have a yearly maintenance checkup and also the
batteries replaced.,., The arm of this chair, the
right one, which is the one I depend on the most,
is VERY loose. Penny tried to tighten it but all
she did was get the screwdriver stuck and I was
worried I would have a screwdriver sticking out
and I wouldn't be able to go thru a doorway ! She
got it out after a few choice words and some very
strong wiggling and pulling... This chair needs
fixed is all I know..

My sister is home from the hospital and is now
relaxing and getting herself back in shape...She
has very weak heart. The muscles are weak......
She has to be careful..She has Stanley there
and I KNOW he will take excellent care of her.
Plus I know her kids will help out too...I'm glad
shes home...

Time for food and to post this.. I hope you have
a nice quiet relaxing week end just like me :-)
I'm still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE ! I'll be back!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm afraid, if the chair is losing power too quickly, it sounds like a battery replacement is due. I guess the loose armrest may be held by a cap-screw, which has a female hexagon in its head. May need an Allen key (L-shaped hexagon rod) to fit it. Could be that's why the screwdriver nearly got stuck. Just like a car, a power chair needs regular servicing to keep it in top trim. Looks like you are going to have to do some nagging to get someone to fix it for you.
    It is SO frustrating, being here with a fully equipped workshop and not being able to help!
    I just made a little brass bush with a 5mm. thread inside for my Sis to fix a handle on a saucepan lid. Of course, the 5mm. tap wasn't in the cheap set I bought, so I had to send for a new one. Still, got the job done!
    Take care, Honey,
    God bless you and watch over you.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That would be nice to have no plans but to be able to stay home all day long...I love those days just so I don't have to many of them in a row...then I might go nuts...
    Help Michael today again to get his room in order, he is doing better keeping it cleaner...since I go there every Saturday to check on it and help some...after were done then we go out to eat...that gives him the want to, to keep his room clean...and to help with the house work...trying to teach him the right way to do thing, unless you watch him and tell him again he will do it wrong everytimes.

    Everything is a repeat, but thing are getting better...
    The other boy like for me to check his room too...
    We had jumble yams today, the rest of it on Sunday.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    If I dont hear tomorrow I will start the nagging. Ive gotten pretty good at doing that.. Dealing with so many odd people I learned. I have NO doubt you could fix it. :-)

    Hiya Mary,
    Guys just dont think about cleaning unless theres a reward of some kind ! :-)

    Hope you have a great week end!|
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker