ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, November 12, 2010

~Brooms~


Penny came today and cleaned up the mess in the
laundry room.. I keep the outside cat food in there in
a bag..Dutch has a thing about bags, especially ones
with food in them..He had to get into that bag and he
got food all over in there.. He has 3 bowls of food in
the kitchen, but he had to have this kind....Penny
swept it up I tried, but my broom is not made for me.

I have a regular size broom. It is not made for use by
someone in a chair.... The handle is too long. When
I use it I don't watch where the end of the handle is,
which is not good, cuz I knock stuff down off the
cabinets or counters, Ive knocked stuff off the walls!
Well for someone with legs to use a broom, they
control it by holding on to the end of it..me, I hold
this broom half way down. I have no control over
the top end..Its not a useful thing for me, in fact its
dangerous..

A friend, sent me a whisk broom... It works great. It
doesn't have a handle but its just the right length.. I
cant reach the floor with my fingertips even.. I have
short arms :-) But this little whisk broom is perfect.
Penny couldn't find one around here, mine came
from Illinois :-) It works that's the main thing... :-)

We are having fried cabbage and potatoes today,
with some kolbasa sliced in it... I cant wait for it
to be ready, it smells so good..

Post time and to have some lunch, I'm still a most
GORGEOUS WEEBLE and yup.. I'll be back! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Yep I like Polish sausage too, it's good in just about everything.
    Boy has it rain today, down pours at times...the tree are so pretty the rain has change the color a bit...
    I got a little exter cleaning done at the church this morning,and was able to visit my sister Helen today too...wow for me that was good...Most of the time when I go by her place she is gone...it's hard to get together at times.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yup rain is headed at us...Im glad the kitties have a house. Its always nice to visit family.......
    Keep Well..
    Love N'Hugs,.
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker