ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 17, 2010

~Chair Driver~


Busy day today, Penny is here and we are getting stuff
sorted out and she made spaghetti sauce for me for
over the week end. Gail is due in about an hour then
after she leaves the wheelchair guy is due to come.
I am worried that he may take this one with him to fix
it..Well if he does he better have a power one I can
use.. I can use my manual, but in here again? No.. I
cant it would wear me down totally...I hope he can
fix it while hes here. He should bring a new charger
and new batteries with him...I HOPE! The biggie is
to fix the arm.. plus Ive made it worse, I ran into the
wall and jammed the joystick so now it hardly moves.
I am not a good driver, as much practice as Ive had
I should be an expert chair driver by now! :-)

Gail is due anytime and this time I am having to be
re done well not redone, renewed, my contract for
care.. I think it lasts for 6 weeks then they have to
show improvement or a need for continued care.
My blood pressure is acting up and still not doing
what it should.. Drs reading was 110/100 or some
thing like that..The bottom number, which represents
how long my heart rests between beats..I guess my
ticker isnt getting enough rest time. So my contract
has been renewed..


Gail will be pleased to see that the 2 wounds on my
left stump are healing up.. I know I am..That stump
is still extremely painful though and transferring is
so hard to do...I will be glad when ALL my problems
are gone.. Health ones especially... Personal ones
I can handle, but the combination isnt fun at all..

Post time, then lunch and for this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE to wait for her appointments to show
up.. But I will be back tomorrow ! :-) Happy
Weekend!

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MERRY CHRISTMAS LOIS. LOVE RICHARD


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwlR6EnOps&feature=player_embedded

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    SO GLAD those places on your left stump are healing. I just hope they stop hurting soon so's transfers are easier.
    We had 4" of snow last night. The roads were already covered with the snow showers from the day before. It made the trip down to Dulverton last evening quite interesting! Thank goodness for our little Subaru "Justy"!, it's as steady as a rock on slippery roads.
    Take care, Honey,
    God bless you and watch over you.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Richard!
    Same to you .. so very nice to hear from you.. I do think of you and I hope all is well ...

    Hiya Raife!
    You almost have as much as us! Its SUPER cold here too..Joys of winter..

    Good to hear from you !!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker