ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 10, 2010

~Side Effects~

Did you know that some medication will make you stop
up tighter than a drum? I'm taking a narcotic for pain. I
was told it could cause constipation.. Ive NEVER had
that problem.. but NOW.. well I had to send Penny to
the drug store to get something for me. This is an awful
feeling and I don't like it at all.. But this is one of the
things that you have to deal with when you take any kind
of medication..the other problems they can give you..

My doctor gave me a 10 day supply of antibiotics because
of the open area on my left stump.. Gail felt it would help
since it was a open and very nasty looking area. I carry
a staph germ so I have to be careful.. Well I got the pills-
on the bottle it says, side effects : could cause drowsiness
or dizziness.. See? There are side effects with EVERY
one of my medications..

Sometimes they advertise pills on TV and the side effects
that they can cause are scarey! The patch I was just on for
pain has been recalled. I saw that on TV. I'm glad I wasn't
on it for very long.

Penny came today and got us all set for the weekend. We
are, according to TV, sposta be in line for a blizzard!~ The
COA brought extra bag of food, and now they have started
the morning bag. Bread, slice of ham and a slice of cheese,
a hard boiled egg and juice. But I will sit back and wait to
see if we get the blizzard and 12 inches of snow...:-)

Time to post and get on with this day. I have stuff I need to
do, one is to put together a wreath for the door. I havent
gotten my tree out, but.. I don't know if I will or not. I'm not
really in a christmasy mood.. I'm trying to get that way by
listening to that radio station.. It helps.. I'm still a most
GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. and I shall return! :-)

Happy Weekend! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Yes medication can cause all kinds of problem, some you can live with and some you can't.
    Bob and Mike are still under the weather...hoping both get doing better soon.
    I hear it going to get real cold for us this weekend... not looking forward to it either.
    I'm on anbitiotics for ten days too, 6 days to go now for my kindney problem...had problem a little of 3 months ago too.

    Keep warm Lois and God bless you too.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    hI Mary!!!!
    So very good to hear from you , I was getting worried.. All these pills im taking again.. Gets so old. I hope Bob and Mike get better!

    Keep well and warm... :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker