ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 20, 2010

~Good Being a Gran~~

The boy came by last night and picked up the stuff for
the kids for Christmas. He thinks they will all like their
things..I wrapped it all and sorted and he took everything-
but only gave the doll basket to Kirsten, he had no choice
as it wasn't wrapped and only in a clear plastic bag so
she saw it instantly. My phone rang and this sweet voice
said, "Gran, thank you for my doll and bed, I'm gonna go
play, talk to papaw" Donnie said as soon as he handed
her them, she immediately asked to phone me to say
thank you.. He is amazed himself at how smart she is..
What a sweetie, even if she is spoiled rotten..We don't
care.. that's part of the fun of being a grandparent is
getting to spoil the grandkids..
The baby squirrel has been here a lot lately. He is so
funny to watch as he runs really fast up to the tree then
jumps at it and climbs as fast as he can up to the branches.
He found the peanuts and is stuffing himself full.. then he
runs.. comes back and does the same thing.. Graybelle
is a stalker.. Shes seen the baby out there and Ive had
to call her so she would not make a run at him..twice now
shes wanted to get him.. I think I would pass out if I saw
a cat with a squirrel or bird in its mouth.. That would be
awful.. this baby maybe doesn't know about cats :-)
Usually none of the kitties bother the birds.. and the jays,
well no cat can fight off a blue jay anyway.. Jays have
been known to attack people!
My house in Indiana I had a huge oak tree out back..Way
up top was a blue jay nest.. We knew when there were
baby birds in it cuz no one was allowed by the tree or
the jay would dive bomb them.. I had one hit me in the
top of my head and drew blood! The claws on a bird
are sharp! That bird was constantly on guard.. Its fun
to watch them here, Ive counted as many as 5 or 6 here
at one time.. They love the corn on the cob, doesn't take
them but a day or so to clean off one of those corn ears.

We are having egg salad sandwiches for lunch. I only
have some Christmas cards yet to send out and I'm done
with my todo list...Time to post this and have a sandwich
and write cards.. But.. this GORGEOUS WEEBLE will
be back tomorrow! :-)

Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    Monday, I got my Xmas letter out. You will be getting one maybe Thursday or Friday.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar!
    Great! Why dont you come and spend christmas with me? So good to hear from
    you...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker