ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

~Laura~

Meet Laura, my new nurse :-)

I have been worried about the possibility of having to
go into assisted living and giving up this place, which
I really don't want to do...So.. I called Southern Care
which is a hospice. Their plan is to keep clients at
home as long as possible.. I met with Mandy and I
now have a new nurse, Laura that will be coming
twice a week and not Gail...Laura is so very nice
and has my best interests at heart which I am most
grateful...

So many think of hospice as dying, which in a sense
I am on limited time..but I told her I hope I have at
least the 20 years more that I want.. Hospice takes
the place of the expensive hospital or institution care.
They provide helpers for daily things and a nurse and
are on call 24-7 which makes me feel better..I think I
did the right thing in doing this.. Travis called them
for me first and then they came to evaluate me..This
is a good thing ... Oh, that's Laura's photo.. shes so
pretty and has a 4 year old daughter that is a beauty,
I saw photos.. Plus Laura has 2 cats and a dog.. I
sure wish I could have a dog, but I'm not sure how my
boys would react..they hated Jerky..Sad news about
Jerky, Dawn let him out, he ran into the road and was
killed.. Poor dog.. he was a good one..

Today I am feeling better, I got into a heated discussion
and had to file a complaint with COA.. Sonia came for
my 6month interview, since I get meals on wheels.. I
told her I was feeling REALLY bad and I was in a very
bad mood.. Apparently she went back to COA and told
her boss Katy that I was crabby and in a bad mood who
THEN told the driver that delivers the meals! Well the
driver told Penny when she brought the dinners what she
was told.. I got SO MAD! That Katy had NO right to relay
that info on to the driver, and I told her so.. They violated
my rights.. Katy apologized, which to me is useless its
only words and cant erase how mad I got... I don't need
this stress.. I know it better not happen again...

47 degrees at 9 am this morning and the sun is out. I'm
glad spring is on the way, My boy promised to build a
deck for me when the snow is gone.. I cant wait...

That's all the news for today I had to bring y'all up to date
on me as to what is happening.. I still have a cold that is
making me feel crappy hopefully it will clear up and I
will again be the GORGEOUS WEEBLE !! :-) Iwill be
back !


Always, Lois ****
"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you are on the road again, honey! The old Lois that bite back... Keep up dear we want you as you has been... Today i see much better after my operation, so i am also mentally on the road again. Sunday i am on the real road again...
    Take care dear!
    f.y.o.
    ROB

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Laural44 said…

    HAHAHAHA You really did post my pic! Youre gonna make me famous! LOL Sooooo glad you were feeling better today!!! I'll be keeping check on you here as well as home visits! Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me!
    Hugs :)
    Laura

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois love that picture of Laura, thanks for posting it...
    You sound good, keep it up Lois.
    Very warm here,feel like summer time...I don't like the wind much.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Laura looks like a real nice lady. It's about time some nice things started to happen to you, you've had enough of the bad times, God knows! I hope you are back to being able to eat O.K. again. And like the Lord said unto Moses, keep taking the tablets!! I was really sorry to hear about Jerky. Knowing how much Ines and I love our Holly, that must have been a blow to Donald.
    Take care, Honey,
    God bless you and watch over you,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

    XOX XOX XOX

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I pray you will feel better tomorrow...God bless you.
    Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker