ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

~Remember Me~

I had a lot of time to think whilst I was laying in the bed
and I am surprised at where my mind took me.. Specially
the thoughts of just what do I plan to do with however many
days my Lord will grant me to survive... Just what do I want
to do with them... I have so many thoughts and of course the
first is WHO can I help...and what can I do so my friends
will WANT to remember me....
I read KC's comment last night and my staunch supporter
Mary.. Made me think.. that is a good legacy to be remembered
as a helper not a hindrance... I want to be remembered with
a smile and missed...
Theres a lot Id like to do but financially unable..but I can give
encouragement and be a friend ...I have so much stuff here
and as I look around I need to do a good cleaning...After I'm
gone I KNOW whomever comes here to take my things will
most likely say "Lord, this woman was a pack rat" :-)... I have
so much stuff and I AM going to get rid of it... I have too much.
Ive already started, I gave Penny 2 of my gorgeous brass lamps.
I don't use them, in fact MOST of this stuff I keep I keep for the
same reason the rest of you do.."Well, you never know, some
day I might need it and then Ill have it".. Right? I am SO bad
at using that excuse, which is just what it is.. I am trying to give
myself a reason for keeping something that I KNOW I wont
use...
My granddaughter Amber lost most of her belongings to a fire,
she has Kirsten, who is 4, what a girl.. I have to honestly say that
I can talk to that 4 year old angel and carry on a better conversation
than I can with some adults.. She is such a beauty , sadly I don't
have a up to date picture HOWEVER that..will soon be fixed..
But I know when she moves out of Donnies she may need some
things to set her house up again and I believe I can help..
Kelli and our new baby girl Andrea are doing wonderful..I know
Kelli's maternity leave is about done and I know she would really
rather be home taking care of her and Alex.. Our boy will be 3
in April..where has the time gone..Donnie loves that boy so
much, well its the boy hes always wanted.. He is enjoying Kirsten
though.. She says "my papaw is baby sitting me today and we
are having a good time"...I still don't have a picture of Andrea
THAT will be fixed too ! I HAVE SPOKEN ! now as soon as
the boy gets up I will call and fix that problem..


Donnie has been out of work for almost a month on medical
leave he is really coughing and sounds awful..Hes such a
determined man that there is NO keeping him down, I talked
to him this morning to thank him again for helping me and to
let him know how much I enjoyed him being here, the 3 of us
had a great day... But.. guess where this kid was going? To
ride his snowmobile !~ his excuse.. "gran, soon the snow will
be GONE , I gotta ride..I hope he got new boots since the
dog ate the others :-)
Well my ramblings for today are done.. I have decided to
set a pace for myself and go slow then I KNOW I will get
back in shape.. I lost over 25 pounds which I don't like how
I lost it..but again the Lord knew what he was doing, as
weak as I am I am transferring a lot easier than when I
had that 25 pounds on me! :-)
I'm still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE, well you can see that
on that photo.. I'm glad y'all liked it... So anyhoway.. I'm
gonna close for today and remember now, I WILL be
back !


Always, Lois ****
"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love you Aunt Lois...remember that picture you crossstiched for me? I still have that picture hanging beside me every day to remember the awesome Auntie that made it for me...It is so special to my heart..

    Love you big big bunches.

    Beverly

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOIS you will be remember, for just being you...you are a great person to know...really good at writing and sewing...plus so many other thing I don't know about...Don't worry about what other may think or remember...it's what you know is right in God sight that counts...
    God bless you LOIS and give you lots of peace and that goes for the rest of us too.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois,
    Hang in there kido, you are going to get stronger day by day- and will be around with us a lot longer than the docs even know about. The Lord will handle those things - Keep the faith hon- as u have always told me- tomorrow will be a better day.
    Thank u again for all you do and who u are! I wish I were the person you are inside- I dont even maesure up!! you are the true diamond that shines for all of us--
    Kc
    Gentleannie2 @aol

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI HUN BUN,
    Well after reading your letter today
    I just cannot even think of not having you here any more !
    You are an amazing lady who is a lovely caring friend & who never gives up on yourself or anyone.

    I know you are suffering sweetie & hope & keep on praying that you will get better. The Doctors are not always right you know ?
    So remember to hang in there & know how many of us are keeping you in our daily prayers.

    be back soon, hugs & love Audrey & don

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous barebuttbob said…

    Hi Gorgeous,
    So wonderful to be hearing from you. You are always in my thoughts! And of course it was great to see your pic! I think you'll get stronger by the day! Keep posting when you can.
    Bare Hugs as always,
    Butty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker