ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, February 14, 2011

~ Not Well Today~

I am not well today at all.. I think I am trying too hard.
Gail, my nurse was here and said today was the worst
she has heard my heart beat and we seriously discussed
my going into assisted living somewhere... I need to
think about this... I like being alone, but it is so scarey
when you are so ill... I have not been this sick ever
before and I will be honest I am very scared to be
alone..I have my boys but I have NOT been able to
teach them how to dial a phone in case I need 911...

The boys have not left my side, every where I go they
follow..The hardest part that puts the most stress and
strain on me is the transferring.. If I didnt have to do
that I would be better.. Just to sit up from laying down
is hard.. I have a long piece of ribbon tied to my chair
and when I have to get up I use that to help me..with
no legs I have no leverage...

I was laying in bed and decided to come out here and
write this for today I almost didnt but I took a little
nap earlier as I didnt fall asleep last night till after 3am.
I had even taken a sleeping pill...trazadone, 25 mg..
not strong enough.. But the nap helped..Penny came
and went to the store so I am all squared away until
she or someone can come by..

Thank you for all the wonderful comments, I just
dont have enough stamina to reply today as soon
as I sign off here I am headed back to my bed..
but thank you so much ..Y'all are my strength and
I am most grateful for all of you..

I am still a most GORGEOUS WEEBLE and I will
be back tomorrow hopefully..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois it worry me, for you to be a long right now too... going into assisted living somewhere sound good to me till you can get back to your old self again...
    Maybe you can take your computer with you...
    Keep your chin up Lois and trust in God.
    God bless you and give you the strength you need right now...
    Mary

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aunt Lois,

    Assisted living are residents that have as much independence as they want with the knowledge that personal care and support services are available if they need them. This way you wouldn't be alone...so this would be a great opportunity to keep your computer and still have the required assistance when needed...Please seriously think about it.

    Love ya big bunches

    Beverly

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh take care hon.... I havent been able to read for a couple of days, has been in hospital and done an operation in my eye... But here i am again and you are in my thoughts and prayers...
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    I've been reading your blog for years and just want you to know that you have always been, and continue to be, an inspiration to me and everyone you touch. God Bless You!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker