ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, November 18, 2005

~Feel Good To Hang Awhile~ :-)

I have been sick, 3 days in bed. That makes me so sore.. My hips ache.
My back, shoulders.. I think If I could just HANG somewhere for awhile..
NO ....lol..NOT by the neck :-) some kind of harness thing just so I can
STRETCH out.. That I think would feel really good...

I can lay on my bed..and stretch sure..but its not the same.. I can sit in
my chair..but thats not the same either as standing..and reaching way up
and doing a good stretchhhhhh...lol.. I think what would work tho are a
couple of things..

My thoughts are perhaps in a pool..the buoyancy would serve to stretch
me out. I could sort of just float there, hanging, using my arms to hold me
up in the water. I have always been a great swimmer, and I think even
to just use the side of the pool or even a float thingie where I would only
be supported like under my arms, like hanging from crutches. Now I
dont think that would work or feel good at all.. I tried crutches when
I was a sak.. awful. killed my armpits. I was totally clumsy with them
and dangerous to myself and I tripped many with them when I tried
using them in the hellhome.

I have such a phobia about germs tho and infection that I wont go
into just any pool..There is one here in town over at the health center
not saying the people that do use it are germy or stuff, I just dont want
to expose myself to any possible chance of any kind of infection ..they
are NOT fun trust me, I know, but I think that would work. A private
pool tho. :-) those are funner anyways lol...

The other way I think I could kinda stretch and hang.. for my stumps
would be like to sit on a bicycle seat...like on a exercise bike? the
stationery kind..they could hang down and I bet that would feel good.
I had often thought of a bike like that for someone like me that could
be adapted so I could get on and off my stumps put into holders sort
of and be able to use the pedals for exercise..say the pros. attached
to the bike itself..just slide my stumps in... like say you could if you
rode a horse, I guess there are special saddles perhaps for a dak. I
think someone said they have them.

As bad as this flu or bug that I have any of these methods I KNOW
would help a lot.. and I bet I could work these achy joints, and my
hips, tailbone..that feel so abused.. and this bug isnt over yet.. Jane
was here today and she wasnt feeling the greatest. I told her she
should have told me..as I sure dont want to go back to square one.
My sis still isnt good, her bout with this thing, its been 3 weeks for
her. But she has other breathing complications and more of a cold
virus for her where mine is more internal.

Well, so are my ideas for a good stretch. Hanging would be good ..
lolol.. :-) Just hang me up over in a corner or even on the back of
the door.. just so I can stretch lol. Tea time and a bowl of soup,
that Mrs. Grass with the extra noodles is SO good.

Thank you all for the get well wishes - to read them means
so much to me, that you care.. it really does.....that you take the
time to include me in your day.

Y'all take care now y'hear? luv ya :-)
Always, Lois

6 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you seen those ergonomic office chairs that have a bike seat on them? maybe you could look into buying one of them and hang your stumps over the sides.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, No, I havent seen those, but that might work. Thanks, good idea :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois!
    If you got a IKEA-shop at your place, they have sort of chair as described.... And theyre cheap too and shurely adaptable to all kinds of bodys...The ordinary body every women has, and your special wonderful one... suits all i think.
    Take care until next... KAO ***+*
    Your Rob

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob, I'll do some checking, they may get one for me. Only hard part would be getting off and on, I think, but could work...Thanks
    Always, Lois *** KAO :-)

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Don't worry too much about Jane's virus. If it's your one, you will have built up imunity to it by now, so don't worry about catching it back - it doesn't work that way, else we would never get over any germs. Hope I'm being reassuring. Take care,
    Love & hugs
    Raife.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, Yes you are and I DO hope thats so ...There are so many different types of viruses going around its amazing.. My sis cant seem to shake hers...I'm getting there, just slow process...
    Thanks sweetie :-)
    Always, Lois ***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker