ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, November 14, 2005

"Did They Grow Back?"

I got a notice today that I HAVE to go back to the Dr. to make sure
that I am still elegible for benefits. Well thats ok, I dont mind, if I
DON'T go however, I could lose all my benefits, money & home
help...well of course I'll go...

Makes me think tho, I'm a amputee. . . BOTH legs, they have KNOWN
this since day one..I don't think my legs are going to grow back. . . By
being re-evaluated, means to check a change in my situation. . . . well
the ONLY problem I have with this is..even if other health problems
arise, or even if I lose more limbs, nothing in my monthly money
benefits will change. The only thing that would change would be my
home help hours.

The nurse that comes out to evaluate you on that, which can be at
the disgression of the COA here, can be monthly if they choose. If the
NURSE they send to evaluate you is in a bad mood, or on her over
time, well shes cut my hours twice now each time shes evaluated me,
I have NOT improved, yet SHE feels she KNOWS what I need, for
how long.. lol.. she looked at me, filled out some papers, stayed for
15 minutes and BAM~!~ says ok your hours are NOW Cut to 4 a
week. lol ok.. I have no choice...Its the 4 or nuthin.

I KNOW this is all procedure but, for? to prove what? I think its
alot of extra paperwork myself, but I HAVE to do this, for my home
aide and my monthly cash benefits. . . rules.. but you would think
we would at least be sorted out as to who is who..to save this extra
work.. oh well.. more joys of the challenged. Now I have to make
the appointment .. set up a ride, and make the trek to the Doctors,
I have to really go anyways, I'm having some problems with my
right hand that are giving me cause for concern...

I worry that other parts may go on me..like fingers , or hand or even
arms..thats the joys of PVD, and the exercise or prolonged use for me
is NOT good.. My heart throws off clots..and then with bad arteries
that get bad spots then they clog..are cleaned, reclogged unless a by
pass is done to fix that bad spot in the artery. My legs had been by
passed so many times that they just couldnt be repaired anymore.
Ive notice the past few weeks the tips of my fingers are darker and
my hand from the wrist down gets so cold sometimes I could just
scream..and I put it into my left armpit to warm it.. So I have to go
I sure dont want to lose a hand now.. I know a lady is a triple all
her life she does well so if it does happen I think I can do it too..I
hope I dont..but well this is the joys of my disease...

I have a dear friend waiting for me to chat so I'm off for tonite,,,,
I got sick last nite but I do feel better, thank goodness. Some have
asked how my back is and it is better I still KNOW I hurt it, but
its alot better and I appreciate y'all asking...

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. and thanks for the kind
words today ...means alot to hear from you ..really makes my day...
Always, Lois ***

3 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are some people in the US congress who want to cut Medicaid and food stamps, but they do not think of the troops at the front line. Food stamps was a Republican program to enable poor people to buy food. This ultimately benefited the Republican farmers. When mediaid get cut it hurts the nurses, home attendants, even dentists who do dental work for the poor. I have a cousin in Pennsylvania who is a dentist in a former steel town. Now because of cuts in medicaid, the poor cannot afford dental work.

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear lois,
    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings about phantom limbs. I know there must be a lot of "us" who were very interested.
    I'm afraid beaurocrats are the same the World over. They are just as stupid in the U.K. as they are in the States and even worse in Russia. Every thing has to be done by the book.
    Hope all goes O.K. with the Dr. You are always in myprayers,
    Love, Raife

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, thats very true, seems we that depend on medicaid are the first to feel any sort of cut backs. Thats why I have to wait another year before I can get my lower dentures replaced.
    even tho we have dental back.. and WHAT are you doing up at 3 am??? lol.

    Thank you Raife, If there is anything you have questions about just ask. You know me, I just blab everything to the world, oh well then how's ya gonna know lol Somebody got to tell lol

    Thanks :-) luv ya's
    Always, Lois***

    ps..nice to know your reading me :-D
    makes me happy..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker