ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

~Things I Miss~

Ive been asked what things are there that I miss since being a amputee.
One thing is being able to just get up and run..or walk fast and even just
stand. To be able to get up quickly and hurriedly go where I need to is
a definate thing I miss.. especially on days like the last day and a half.

I think I caught a stomach virus, and when a stomach is upset, fast
travelling to the bathroom is most DEFINITELY necessary..lol. For
me just a twinge, and I have to start hauling myself in the direction
of the bathroom. If I am on the bed, well I have to allow for loading
time to get myself into my chair and time to scoot onto the potty...
And when you are nauseous time is of the essence, if THAT is one
of the reasons I have to make a fast trip .....

To be able to just sit up quickly, stand and go as fast as you can?
Yes I miss that alot.. I think just to stand, and stretch, would be
a most wonderful feeling..its not near the same when you are
laying.. I can only move on my bed by butt wiggles and my arms.
Or to sit in my chair and try to stretch.. it is NOT nearly the same
as standing, reaching up and bending .. ahhh THAT I miss...

There are other things like crossing my legs, knee over knee, I
always sat like that, or sideways, with my legs partly under me,
like halfway under me, so many little things that only NOW I
can really appreciate what I could do. I will say tho.. that I am
glad I do have a way to get around..and the person that first
came up with a chair on wheels? Well Bless his/her heart. I
am truly grateful...

I am back to my bed and going to try to get rid of this bug,
I almost didnt post tonite.. but I thought this was a most
appropriate subject being as how I think I made 50 of
these trips today lol...so while I have a bit of a reprieve
I am off to watch a few of these wonderful channels I have
been given...I sure hope no one else gets this bug..sure
aint fun..trust me... I KNOW :-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois***

6 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you feel better soon :)

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    AMEN to what matrix_game_kid said.:-)
    One thing you can do that you used not to be able to do - you can sit beside somebody, on the setee, close to them and turned to face them.
    Love, Raife

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank you both for the get well wishes, I feel a little better today.

    Thats very true Raife. I hadnt thought
    of that .. :-)

    Thanks...
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sweet One - sorry you are bit under the weather - no fun at all. Do hope you are feeling better today!

    Bare Hugs!

    Barebutt_bob

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois!
    TOUCHING.... U r adorable as allways.
    KAO ***+*
    Your Rob

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Butty, that name is just SO YOU. lol
    and thanks for the get well thoughts.

    Rob, your sweet words are so nice to read..thank you :-)

    I plan to spend the day in bed, and hopefully will feel better soon. we
    are due to get 3 to 5 inches of snow
    in the next few days, our winter has
    begun...
    Thanks again,,,what would I do without you all.. with all these get well's I have NO choice but to improve now do I? thanks...
    ALways, Lois *** luv ya.. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker