ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

~I Was Here!~

I didnt find a caregiver today...but I did find out that my phone isnt
working right lol.. I got a mail from a couple people asking where I
was ..I said " HUH?, I didn't go anywhere.. I was here all the time.
I had tried using my phone and sometimes I had a hard time
to break the dial tone . like the number buttons werent paying
attention to me. Well I think it was both ways..which may explain
why I got no calls today.. Ive called Jane the past 2 days and no
answer from her so that may be why... Phones are so tricky..I
guess its time for a new one..I thought I had another one here but
well..its like everything its either in the last place you look or you
dont find it at all... :-) I think one with an answering machine would
be nice tho..mine doesnt have one, and now I bet they have every
thing on sale. Id say I would call my sis but I may have to send an
email lol...

I have LOST my spark lol.. naa I still got MINE..but I dont get
sparked the humidifier is doing its job. Making a big difference in
here. Some of those sparks if it was dark I could even see! I know
the boys are happier..Dutch is no longer mad at me...and LB hes his
cool self, not too much bothers him, altho he did give me a few of
his "whats this???" stares. :-)

I did unplug the oven from that outlet. It did kinda make me nervous..
I accidentally turned on the wrong burner once and didnt realize it
until I heard the smoke alarm go off when all my kitchen utensils that
were in a crock type thingie on the back burner started smoking lol..
NOW I have tape on them just so that doesnt happen again. I was in a
hurry and didnt pay attention and just reached..turned on the wrong
one and all the plastic spoons and handles that were in there started
to melt ! That thing was smoking more than I used to let me tell ya.
I learned real fast.. Someone should invent some kind of cover to put
over stove knobs just for this reason. I also dont keep anything on my
burners in back that would be dangerous if it would happen again which
it wont as I have them so taped up nothing will move those knobbies...
Doesnt take me long to learn.. I kept stuff back there since I cant use
those burners to cook on anyway I cant reach those let alone see into a
pot back there.. I have to use a mirror to see into a deep pan on the
front burners.

Its amazing all the things that are so out of reach for me.. like the
outlets on the back wall above the counter. I cant reach those.. I
have a bread machine.. but I cant use it as I cant see the top of it,
to turn it on . even the top shelf in my fridge.. if its in back I cant
reach it. same with my upper cabinets, even on the lower shelves.
I never would have thought of these things as being such major
problems for someone. Just little things that we take for granted.
I had to use the beast today.. as Dutch HAD to sample ALL 3 bags
of cat food and I had no choice but to use it. It was everywhere ..
By the time I got it half up my arms were aching.. Every time I
would push the vacuum I had to lock down.. or I went too - and
wanna know how many times that cord got tangled and hung up
on something on my chair??? LOTS ~!~ One of these days I
WILL learn NOT to leave a bag out. I think I have a learning
defeciency when it comes to cats or maybe its Dutch he hasnt
learned to NOT make messes...

A bit of trivia.. did you know there is NOT a day of the week with
an L in it? I got a cute stationery for email that is days of the week,
and they are alphabet letters, so each could be saved..I thought
would be so cute to have my name like that using that alpha..then
started to look for a L I didnt find one lol...sunmontuewednesthurs
frisatday no L :-) RATZ..

Well speaking of L's there are 2 in ROLL.. time to roll to the food
department in here, the kitchen, and see what I can find. No cookies
theyre all gone..There werent that many left over. Maybe a root beer
float would be good. I havent had one of those in ages. That DOES
sound good!!! nitey nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one, y'hear? LUV YA..& thanks ~!~
Always, Lois ***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, telephones! right now I have cordless phones in the house and they work. The trouble with phones is that they eventually want to go to telephone heaven. I t is better to have a separate answering machine, because answering machines seem to last longer than phones. I was once in Israel and they had a lot of korean phones there. They seem to be much better made than the Chinese phones we use here. I still have a Lucky Gold Star TV from 1985 and Korea. That group is now called LG. The new year is getting close.
    momar

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar.The older stuff is the best stuff I say. :-) made to last and can endure anything.

    Now I guess you can answer your phone thru your computer, that would be a good thing. specially when this is where you live anyway :-)

    hope you have a good day..and Happy New Year. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't suppose you thought to put a small mirror on the end of a pole so that you could look at the tops of things like your bread maker?
    With a small metal finger made from coat hanger on the end, you could also press buttons.

    You can also get remote grippers that add 3' to your reach and let you grab cans and things from a chair. Any rehab shop has them, some for under $10.00. I even remember seeing one in WalMart, of all places.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, yes I do use a mirror. it comes in very handy for just that purpose. My counter, stove and all come to my arm pits. and the bread maker is another almost 2 feet higher. Its hard to explain, and really not that easy to do..trust me.

    The grabbers are very handy and I have one, and use it alot there are alot of places I still cant reach being so short lol..
    always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker