ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

~Sparky~

The static electricity in here is awful and seemed to be getting worse
every day.. I don't remember it ever being this bad..and Ive been in this
apartment now..hmmm jan. 11th will be 4 years??? No way..WOW..Ya,
I guess I moved in here in Jan of 02.., be 06 ..well fooey no wonder It
needs a spring cleaning hey?? I was thinking 3...seems like 20 but then
other times like just a short while ago I moved in..And this furniture has
not been moved but ONE time? hmmm..I switched stuff from one wall
to the other ONCE..long time ago..Me thinks its really time to do that..
well..I got my power chair..just have to figure out a way to get blocks
back under my couch.. My brother in law..put 2, 2 X 4's under each leg
so it would be more level with my chair..I don't know how I could get
them back under it by myself If I moved furniture lol..I always was
moving stuff and rearranging all the time..Kills me I cant lol..Maybe
that's why I don't spend alot of time in there lol..well I don't have a tv
in there anyway..well I do.. but not one that works. I bet I could get
this stuff moved and my brother in law could put the blocks back or
Donnie..But I seriously think its time... Anyway ...

I have a caseworker Becky she is so nice to me..Shes a really good friend
I sent her a email about needing a humidifier, and how even my cats are
running from me if I try to touch them..I have gotten some good zaps that
have made me pull my hand back and not wanna touch anything. She will
usually help me find and get something for me if I really need it. I told her
about my eyes being so bad again and they are..sometimes I cant even
see.. its so blurry and I have to steady blink plus they itch and are red..&
swollen,, I look like I have been on a 3 week binge! I think the humidity
is part of the problem, I had to go to the doctor for this awhile back, it
was cleared up but came back..well I told Becky all this..

Well she was concerned and said that was NOT good ..and that she
would see about getting me a humidifier and make some calls..well..
would you believe she got me once just that fast.?.she read the letter,
called the hardware store and went and got it and delivered it and set
it up AND brought me 3 bags of cat food and a box of cat litter!.This is
just so great The boys are so happy..they have another HUGE box
and all this new kinda cat food..and new potty litter..they HAVE to be
happy.. they must be cuz I haven't seen them in the past half hour
but I can hear them playing.. :-)

Now this humidifier is not a small thing.. i thought be like a vaporizer..,
like sits on a table? NO, its a piece of furniture looks like a small stereo
cabinet. Wood looking..holds gallons of water..Becky even filled it and
got it up and running for me.. Took about 4 pails of water to fill it..Its
been on since she left and I can tell a difference.. This is just been a
great Christmas..My boys even have had a great one.

rats..today is wed? I forgot..I was gonna call apt manager about my
plug in the livingroom..I have my micro/combi oven plugged into an
outlet in there and I have the oven plugged into the top holes, well
now the bottom holes don't work..I had my keyboard plugged into it.
I thought it was bad. as it didnt work anymore I was upset...so .i tried
vacuum..and its the same..the bottom plug doesnt work..yet oven
does..I dont like that, thats not good I dont think.. I know NOTHING
about electric..well I tried one time to lengthen a cord..well NO ONE
told me not to twist all the wires together , only do 2 and separate..well
I found out real fast whenI picked myself up off the floor when I plugged
that lamp in..lol..so I dont mess with electric stuff . Now he wont be back
until next wed..hes only allowed 8 hours a week to come here and deal
with our problems and to fix what ever..like thats enough. its the reason
takes so long to get stuff fixed..Im still waiting for my kitchen faucet to
be fixed..I think Chris just forgets..and well I do too. but I lose days..so i
do forget.lol...I need to write myself notes, well I do but they fall off my
monitor and then I dont see them and then, of course- I forget.. :-)

Still no caregiver , but Becky said she would help me find someone. We
talked while she assembled the humidifier for me..She will make some
phone calls.. she is really good at her job and has the best reputation of
anyone associated with the APS department..And she is a animal lover
which is so great..to supply free cat food and litter? ITs a BIG help to me
sure cuts down on my expenses ..and I need allll the cut downs I can get .
I called Jane and left a message for her to come and get some food for
her cat..She said she was running low, I hope all is ok with her...

Well today was a good day. I should never complain..I do get so many
helpful things..The difference in here is so good already..I didnt even
have time for a nap today and its 7 pm..I am so ready for a lay down..
and Im hungry..lunch wasnt the greatest but not too bad so maybe
a couple cookies Ill have later on. I know once I get up on that bed
what is gonna happen.soon as i start to click these eyes are going to
close..I am tired.-long day..I'm gonna go see if I still spark..well ya-
I'm still sparky, I'm gorgeous ;-D Just not staticy lol...

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya..thanks . :-)
Always, Lois***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Sparky!!!
    Here I am, back safe and sound. Had to laugh at the two wires twisted together!! I wonder if your outlets are rated high enough for the load you are putting on them? In the U.K., the outlets are rated at 13amps - that is a three-bar electric fire. If you get a smell of fish when you turn on an appliance, it usually means that the outlet or the plug is overloaded and getting hot - have you ever had that?
    Please excuse any spelling errors - I'm having to check this with a magnifying glass while the eye settles down after the op!!
    Love and Hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Weeble111,
    I just read yesterdays entry (I was otherwise engaged yesterday!!!) I am so sad for you that you are losing Jane. I know how fond of her you are and what a good, kind person she is. I'm sure that you will get another nice helper - there are a lot of really nice people out there - I met a few in hospital yesterday. Chin oop, luv!!;-)
    Love and hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some thoughts about electricity:
    When I was in the airforce and a propellor mechanic - some of the systems were electric and they taught us how to work with hot or live electricity. the secret is do not get grounded. I think in English/english they call it earth ranterh than ground. anyhow. when an electrician came to do some work in my house he did not turn off the juice in the circuit.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Glad you made it thru safe and sound Raife..and you're back :-)

    I dont know alot about electricity i do know I have gotten zapped quite a few times. I dont like messin' with it,,you cant see it or where it is lol..

    Its alot better in here, no sparks at all..this humidifier is really working good, cats are happy. Well Dutch was happy till i had to yell at him for tearing open a bag of this food he felt he HAD to sample.
    those claws, sometimes I think..i shoulda had 'em taken but then he would be so boring id have nothing to do lol...
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I always thought it was your electrifying personality that caused all those sparks.. You always cause a spark to go off in me.....

    Well, I do know a bit about electricity, and I would say don't mess with that outlet until you get it fixed - something not right there.

    Sorry about losing Jane - i know she was good for you - but hopefully things will work out well.

    My time, as usual, has been short lately - but trying to catch up. Will be travelling a lot after the first.

    Big Hugs Sweety,

    Bob

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty! ya.. i agree I unplugged my oven thingie from that outlet. I dont need a fire. Some kinda sparks ARE a good thing tho :-)

    I am most distressed at losing Jane.now I am back to taking applications for caregivers again and just found out my phone is on the fritz.. *SIGH* ...how many days left of this year? are we there yet?

    Hmm I have birthday in Jan.. the 20th... *SIGH* lol.. butt, this year i start couting backwards lol..

    good to hear from you Mr. travelling man.. keep in touch now Butty..
    always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker