ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 30, 2006

~Dressin~

I was asked the other day do I have a hard time to dress etc..
which of course is NOT easy.. I have to move back and forth at
least 4 times on bed..if i change in here in my bedroom.. sometimes
i will change while i sit on the potty makes it alot easier..

I only wear skirts and tops.. I dont and wont wear pants unless I
have NO choice.. If I change while i am in the bathroom I take my
skirt and top in there and while I am sitting on the potty will dress
there.. its alot easier. I just take off dirty clothes and pull skirt over
my head and down..then put on top and voila! im dressed lol.. its
alot easier.. before i back up i kinda lift up a tad and pull on hem of
skirt to smooth out underneath me then back up which kinda puts
my skirt in place.. and smooths out wrinkles.. I CANNOT stand a
wrinkle under me.. drives me nutz ..im like that fairy tale.. "The
Princess and the Pea" i can feel the slightest one and does NOT
feel good at all..

I got a new cushion that was a gel one and had pleats in the back
for the gel to expand..well was PLEATS..drove me nutz.. I dont
use it .. and was over $100.oo for it.. i dont use a cushion now at
all.. and works good for me.. but i do move around alot in my chair,
i have to as my stumps get to aching and i have to wiggle around
and plus if i dont keep a cover on a cushion they are plastic and
make me sweat or have a cloth cover on them and maks it hard to
slide accross.. with just the chair its nylon and i slide just great...
just zip and i am in or out of my chair lol..well sometimes the zip
is a little slow lol..more of a zzzzzz iiiii ppppppp lolol..

Sometimes i get dressed in the bedroom, if I forget to take my
clothes into bathroom and there is more too it in here.. its very
hard to pull it down just sitting. I pull clothes on the same way
but to pull skirt down where it belongs I have to keep leaning
side to side to pull it under me unless i slide back into chair..
which I usually am ready to go to bed and dont plan on gettin
back up for a while. the top no problem it just slides over or
if I wear a silk blouse buttons down.. I do have some skirts
that are button down that are pretty easy to put on..

When i get dressed on the bed to get my skirt under me if I
plan to stay on my bed i would go thru the side to side like
I would have to do if I was wearing pants .. which i dont just
for that reason..too hard to get on and off while you are sitting
down :-) try it.. but do NOT put feet down at all.. see how easy
it is..it sure AINT :-) but even with a skirt to get it fixed under
neath me i have to do the side to side bit ..as even tho i am on
the bed i still cant do wrinkles...:-) If i wear silk which i try to
most of the time its not too hard but i have some cotton ones
I really like and a denim one that is really cute but it buttons
down the front and is a little more to it.all the buttons ..I do
prefer silk..for the slippery of it and of course how wonderful
it looks when you wear it.. and it is warm in the winter and
so cool in the summer specially if it gets wet or damp..then it
is so cool against your skin. I have a couple of silk pieces of
material that i plan to make skirts out of.. I dont have solid
black which my sis is looking for some for me.. I have seriously
considered starting up my sewing machine if I can get into
my sewing room safely lol..its such a mess in there :-) I'll
get it straight one of these days..

I tried once to get dressed just sitting in my chair and, no no...
that was a pain in the butt.. I had alot harder time.. so much
lifting then I had to lift up to pull skirt down, where on my bed
I could just roll and on the potty just tuck under. cant do that
if i stay in my chair.. I can but hey.. I look for the EASY and
SAFEST way..and in my chair it would be too easy to fall out
as big a weeble as i am i would fall out for sure lol..and I
REFUSE to fall on the floor LOL.. ..

Well now you know how I get dressed :-) undressed? well I
dont have to tell you that just pull the stuff over my head and
off well after i lift my butt up to get skirt out lol..then i just peel
it off over my head..and quickly grab my skirt ..that always
goes on first..too hard to pull over a top...

well i guess its time to try the UNdressing and Dressing for the
night lunch was its same ugly "guess what this is" today so I
didnt eat and I am hungry.. i will make some soup i think I love
tomato soup..sometimes i put rice or elbow macaroni in it IF I
feel like fixing some..ive been just doing plain lately or my arms
poop out on me..so ive not really cooked alot lately.. which i guess
I really need to get on a better diet.. I can get my new dentures
(lower) this year they said as its 5 years i have to find out when.
I would LOVE to have some thing hard for a change instead of
all this soft stuff .. gets old..like a constant diet of baby food lol

well im off to find some mato soup..im hungry ...
Y'all have a good one now y'hear? LUV YA & THANKSSS S S
:-)
Always, Lois ***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    WOW!! The imagination runs riot!! The thought of one of my favourite ladies weeble wobbling from side to side as she gets dressed. Thank you for that intimate glimps of life in a weeble's day!! LOLOL.
    Take care, dear,
    lots 0f love and big hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know all the time that you were a princess....But on a pea? Nah, why should you sit on a pea.
    Thanks for another insight, to the life of a wonderful princess weeble. You are a precious gem to the world, and especially me!
    See you hon, and the usual KAO, ***+*
    Your own Rob

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, well you are most welcome lol...I KNOW y'all wanted to know!!! :-)

    Hi Rob, well yes, I am a gorgeous princess, dont I wish lol...Then I would have NO worries at all lol...thanks!
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    post some pix of you getting dressed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker