ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

~Knee Wheeler?~

I was talking today to my sister.. she went to work today. I told
her I would think she would stay home.. She and my brother in
law have their own company and she does all the office work. It
is a small business.. She had just gotten home and was out of
breath from trying to get around, she Had to go as she is the
only one that worked in the office and HAD no choice but to go.

She has her right leg in a cast up to just below her knee
she said. and they rented a wheel chair and also a little
cart type thing that she can kneel on and move about,
which I had not ever heard of but then thinking what a
neat little transporter, alot better than crutches , they
were so hard on the armpits and my sis is not any more
graceful than I was when I tried to use them. They didnt
offer me that little kneeler..I bet it works great....

She got to telling me.. that she was having trouble and
such a hard time to get around.. when she uses that
kneeler it really wears her out as she does have weak
legs, so she uses the wheelchair to go all the way down
the hall to the bathroom...She proceeded to tell me how
hard a time she was having trying to maneuver around
in there to do her business.. I had to laugh.. as she told
me how she lost her balance trying to turn around to
sit etc and as she almost fell she tore the towel rack
off the wall and the toilet paper holder trying to find
something to grab...I can just see her. We laughed so hard.
and she says..." you have no idea how hard it is to do,
to maneuver in there"..Then she stops..and we both
laugh again.. I said "yessss i dooooo" and she then
realized what she had said.. and instantly felt kinda bad.
and said "ohhh I'm sorry , of course you know" I laughed
and told her.. "well I hope you are wearing SILK PANTIES.
now you KNOW why I wanted them so bad dont you?"
She and I both had a good laff over that..She said for
Stanleys punishment for NOT fixing the ramp she made
him go to the store and buy her some silk ones .. LOL...
Then we really laughed. if you knew Stan that was a worst
punishment than anything she could possibly have done
to him..he was NOT into going and buying ladies undies.
We had a good laugh today at each other :-)

We talked for quite a while and she told me how she now
realizes a bit more of what I have to do and the major
adjustments I have had to make to be able to live alone.
She said she has Stan there and Candis that wait on her
hand and foot and how they help her in and out of the
car.. etc.. She said "how do you live there alone, are you
ever afraid?" I got to thinking about it.. and told her, no
not really only when I come close to falling or have no way
to contact anyone, like when the phone went out for 2
days.. She said "I dont think I could do it" ...well .. you
KNOW what I told her I am sure... "well if I can ,, so can you"
there is a keyword...I told her and just a small one.. but
the word is TRY..and you will be amazed at what inner
strength you really have. Its hard sometimes..but not totally
impossible...

I did get some kind of news that was interesting today tho
that I wasnt even aware of.. When I applied for my SSI I
was NOT an amputee yet. I got my SSI based on my heart
and blindness, carpal tunnel etc. The man said I needed to
update my claim and perhaps be re-evaluated and there
may perhaps be a change in my benefits which would be
more.. I have been this way for 5 years..now..and they
were not really aware of the drastic change that was added
to me.. So I am anxious to find out what this new added
information will provide.. When I called the man that sent
the form he was so very nice, and even said he hoped I
would phone to question this..and said to be very specific
in this re evaluation.. and I could hear where he was telling
me this may possibly be a good thing..My sister when I
told her, said I could possibly get even 5 years of back
benefits that I should have gotten. which would be an
added blessing. Now isnt THIS wonderful??? I have very
high hopes..Perhaps my lifestyle could greatly improve..
and hmmm I could try out some of that good food for
sale on QVC ...:-) no just kidding lol..well maybe I would
splurge one time :-)

I am feeling better today I KNOW y'all HAVE to be happy
I bet you are sick of reading that I feel bad.. HELL i got
tired of writing it LOL...I did try not to whine too bad tho..
but we all got to whine to somebody once in a while dont we,
no matter what age we are ..:-)

Well Miss Whiney Weeble is off to watch tv, and I think
another ham and cheese , grilled of course.. I love them..
Penny got me some great bread just like homemade
I wish I could reach my bread maker and I could make
my own.. I could put it on the TV tray which is lower but
it so NOT stable..and I would hate for Dutch , my nosey
boy to knock it over..and get hurt. have to be careful
when you have SUPER nosey kids.. And Dutch is SO
nosey. anything I have in my hands he has to see..As
I write this I have to steady push my keyboard back over
as he is using it for a pillow and pushing it to my left...lol
he absolutely refuses to move his head even when I push
it back..lol..kids...I will be so glad when i have more room
on this desk for these 2 cats and my computer...

Y'all have a good one now y'hear ? LUV YA!!! & thanks...
ALways, Lois ***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quote
    "perhaps be a change in my benefits which would be
    more.. I have been this way for 5 years..now..and they
    were not really aware of the drastic change that was added
    to me"
    End quote

    Well dearie, lets hope for the best... SUCH good news, and bad. YOou should heve known long time ago, but better late than never!

    My screen is okey now, but the time fails...I have to do some working and courses as temporarily unemployed, and that leaves me tired at night, the proper time for chats... Oh i wish we had more time... Thank heaven for your wonderful blog so i dont loose contact with you, and your life totally.
    Kisses all over to you my sweet Lois, and hope for a little talk soon. I also hope you are gettin better in your arm, it is enough as it is. Amputations, heartfailure, eyesight and all the other things, that darkens your life. I hope i can spred a little light in to all that. Not much i can do but i try the best i can... Take care dear one, and as said b4 KAO ***+*
    Your own Rob

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob, Just knowing you are there brings brings light into my life with your sweet words and knowing that you are concerned for me..
    THank you Dear Rob....
    Always, Lois***

    We will chat soon...And I am getting better... :-)

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The SS system is so complicated, I hope you get caught up with all the back funds they might owe you. Shelley's gangrene is bad so they may move his operations up to an emergency status.
    My computer is acting up so I have to take it in today or tomorrow. No sound and no printer.

    momar

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    That is wonderful news, that they may re-assess you for a higher pension - and if you could get the back-pay, WOW.
    Could your Sis just slide straight onto the loo, without turning around? And you, too, for that matter. I have tried it and so I know it is easily possible, even with legs!! And I fing that everything fits O.K.!!!
    Anything to help make life a little less complicated.
    Lots of love and big hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar, So sorry to hear about your friend, anything I can do...Please let me know...Bless his heart, Please,, tell him I send him my best..and understand just how he feels...

    I hope some good comes out of it.. I havent been re-evaluated since I first applied for SSI and then, like I said was months before 1st amputations.. they just never bothered to do it again and I didnt think of it either, But I didnt realize that. As long as I dont LOSE
    any thing, THATS the main thing...

    My computer has been automatically going to Mute, check their first... in start, on sound..and reloading your printer might help, before you haul it around hon... :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, No I dont know if my sis could handle that, I did tell her as that is how I sit lol.. I just pull straight up to the toidy, and scoot forward and sit facing the back I have done this since I first became a dak. Then I back into my chair, thats how I fell , while I was backing up the brake gave way before I could grab the 2nd handhold lol..

    Its the ONLY way to "GO" In my book lol..You are just handy as a button.. :-)

    Like I told Momar, if I get a raise I'll be grateful..and If I get back pay that would truly be a wonderful blessing, just long as they take nothing away... :-)

    And you are always a help ;-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker