ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 23, 2006

~Well I Almost Did a Dummy Thing~

Well I almost did a BIG dummy last nite.. I was scooting
back into my chair from the potty and my brake unlocked
for some reason , my chair moved and i was laying side
ways between the potty and my chair, ready to hit the
floor. I was in a BAD spot..and I said some UGLY words..
You DONT want to know lol...but I did i'll be honest :-)
The more I tried to move the more I slipped towards the
floor.. I was holding on with my left stump and hand, no
where else could I get to. I had to just stop and gather
some extra strength I WAS NOT hitting that floor..NO WAy.


I reached out and the more I tried to grab hold of some
thing seemed the more I would slip towards the floor. I
was able to reach the handrail along the wall to stop my
self but I couldnt get enough of a grip on anything with
my right hand. The more I tried the more my chair moved.
Only the right brake had come loose. I didnt know I was
this strong..I amazed myself when I think of it now..
I reached out and pulled HARD.. and my left stump then
went into the toilet, while my right was on the outside of
it. and slowly pulled and tugged until I could sit back up
on the toilet. I hit my ribs on the arm rest of my chair and
my right stump hit part of the toilet seat.. My left got a
huge bruise on it from being so tight up against the side
of the toilet bowl and from me putting so much pressure
on it to keep from falling.. I was lucky that there are 2
hand rails in by the toilet, one at the back of it and one
down the side..I am so glad I didnt hit the floor.. the way
i was headed I probably would have broken my arm or
my hip. I am SO glad I use my manual chair.. I never
would have had the strength to pull my whole body
weight up like that if I didn't.....

I am so sore today from that.. my ribs on the right and both
my stumps have bruises on them but hey, I m grateful I
didnt hit the floor.. I have NO idea why my brake gave way..
it never should have.. I will have to have it checked.. this is
NOT good and I will have to take special care now to
make sure that I am totally Locked before I make a move
from now on.. I never thought that could happen.. well ..NOW I
KNOW don't I..lol.. Ill settle for bruises if I had broken a hip or
arm??? ohhh no - no - I would be a VERY unhappy camper..

I do feel better as far as this flu is concerned tho which
I am most grateful.. that was some yukky stuff.. just put my
STUFF right down...I had some nyquil and that really
knocks me down for the count..at least 4 hours I am totally
gone.. My ex at my first whine about not feeling good would
make a mad dash to the drug store to make sure I had some
so he wouldnt have to listen to me boo hoo..lol.. And I would
wake up feeling better.That night time nyquil is really good
for the flu..worked good for me...

Well I have some sore spots that could use some pillow
support and I am going to go and lay it down.. I just cant
seem to win here can I. I may have a new caregiver I did
make about a dozen calls today.. I am supposed to be the
employer, and I am doing the calling to find someone..I
think I have this backwards don't I? lol.. Oh and no side
excursion to the kitchen today I am going straight to my
bed, not passing go or collecting 200 dollars lol and
THAT is my final answer : -)

Thanks for all the wonderful get well wishes..means so
much to me that you care.. it really does.. makes me
feel so good.. even the bruises dont hurt too bad when
you know people care about you ..:-)

Ya'll have a good one now y'hear? LUV YA ! ! !
Always, Lois***

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bob Hope had a joke about Bing Crosby cutting his body in half lengthwise so he could appear in 2 features in a double featured film program at the same time.

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Try to get hold of some homeopathic Arnica tablets, 30C. They are very good to take when you try to jump out of your chair like you just did!! lol.
    Seriously, though, they are very good for bruising and also for SHOCK!!
    You really must take betrer care of my favourite Weeble, you know.
    Lots of love and big hugs.
    Raife.

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, well, now days, anything is possible lol...

    Welcome back Raife~!~I am trying to take good care of me..but its all this other stuff wont co-operate !!! :-) I sometimes think my apt hates me lol. All I know is..I am SO glad I AM as strong as I am,, that floor was WAY to close lol, any weaker and I would have bit the dust lol.. :-) Manual chairs are a good thing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker