ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

~My Biggest Influence~

Was my Dad's birthday yesterday, he would have been 97.
He died in 89 of cancer. He was a good man, very honorable
and a great influence on me I realize now more than ever. I
think alot of the way I am is due to him..I think I spent more time
with him than I really did my mother. As we both liked the same
things.. the outdoors mainly. The berry picking and fishing and
just rides. All those times together my dad always told me stories
of things he did or that happened... He lived his whole life in only
2 houses.. The one he was born in..and a few blocks away the
one he spent the rest of his life in.with my mother. He did travel
but always said he lived in the most wonderful part of the world
why should he leave? He lived in the great NorthWoods of the
Upper Peninsula of Michigan. and I agree it IS God's country..
I love it up there and miss it alot..
.
Ive written a few stories about him, 1 is on my other site that
is a favorite of mine about how I got my name and what he
said to me. I think and wonder why it took me till the age I am
now to realize all this..And when I really needed to remember
some lessons I didnt.. and now wish I had. But I guess that is
all part of life. Perhaps all his "secret" lessons were really
meant for me now when he perhaps knew, that this is when
I would REALLY need them. To make me as strong as i
am today. That "attitude" i guess you would say that he put
in me, but my mother did as well...

For being an adopted child.. I have to say, The influence
that both my parents put in me was preparing me for this
now.. My mothers determination, to do and get it done. The
times we had carrots.. and the "JUST TRY THEM" that she
never failed to tell me EVERY time she had them. I STILL
hate carrots, ICK , yet I tried one every time..just to show her
that I would try. Her cooking & sewing as well .. I can make
anything and operate 5 different types of sewing machines
and I do consider myself a good cook. nothing fancy but
good home cookin...:-) Yet, my sister raised with me , she
and I are NOTHING alike at all.. we never got along..Very little
and not for very long.. we havent spoken now in 16 years
pretty soon..

My sister that broke her leg, Shirley, Is my blood sister, we
were not raised together and didnt meet till in our 30's.. I
still am amazed at how much we are alike tho..we both are
excellent sewers..and love to cook.. we both wear at least
a dozen rings. and each have had a sewing business.. I
find that so amazing. We both have the same sort of
attitude as well.. We wont settle for less than what we know
we are worth... and me? well I'm worth ALOT !!! :-) lol..and
so is she...shes a great sister...Its so strange, when we get
together and talk about my mother, or her mother or OUR
mother.. lol...We have gotten some strange looks at times.

It is raining today and what a gloomer.. Our winter has been
so mild SO FAR,, everyone knows anything is still possible
to hit us tho..winter is NOT over. This rain sure makes my
stumps ache and the phantoms just have a field day.. I
wonder if the day will ever come that I wont have them.. I
am amazed sometimes at how badly they can hurt.. The
icepick like stabs in my heel or the pressure of them feeling
like they are being pushed shorter .. Someone told me that
when the invisible legs feel like there is no leg part and feel
shorter up to the amputation..that the phantoms will stop..
I know my feet always are twisted or feel like I am standing
on my toes, and honestly,, I really HATE it.. That NEVER
stops..there is not any time that I dont feel my feet.. I know
where they are all the time.
..
Well these invisible feet are going to invisibly walk over to
that bed behind me and lay it down and watch tv.. I have
some nice snack crackers over there I think I need to taste.
:-) and QVC might have something I really need to see..It
is such a good thing I dont have a credit card lol.. No - even
if I did, I wouldnt just buy something.. It has to be something
major I just HAD to have.. so far there has only been things
I would LIKE to have, those apple chips..or steak burgers
or that lovely black silk sequin top..or the black leather
skirt.. *SIGH* see? good thing lol.. :-) I will just have some
crackers in bed.. works ok for me :-)

Y'all have a good one y'hear? luv ya.. and thanks :-)

Always, Lois***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...






2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Just read BOTH posts! Very naughty of me not to have read yesterday, but we were busy tidying up the back yard, as the weather was very cold but fine - a lovely, cold, clear winter's day.In this neck of the woods that's great!! lol ;-)
    From the stories you tell us, your Dad was a wonderful man. I can understand how you must still miss him.
    Take care, dear,
    Lots of love and big hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife ! You missed a day!!! shame, shame lol...well better late than never i say :-)

    I was lucky 2 dear people that chose me to adopt and raise me. I was very fortunate...

    No more missing days now lol..luv ya..
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker