ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 27, 2006

~My New Carer Is GREAT !~

My new caregiver came today, RaeLynn, she is SO NICE~!~
And what a good job she did.. She is a very good worker..and
she lives right here in town.. She was right on time..and we
seem to get along just great.. She has 5 cats..so needless to
say the boys loved her.. They checked her out thoroughly..lol..
Not much gets past Dutch..lol..and if they approve , she has
to be nice.. She did a wonderful job..My apt shows it.. and
she said there is no type of housework she wont do for me.
Even spring cleaning if i want her to. I just hope she stays
forever so I dont have to worry. And maybe if I get this re
assessment I may be allowed more hours.. I still dont under
stand why I went from 42 to 28 ...

I explained what I can and cant do and that I would try to
make it so she doesnt do it all..that I will try to keep it neat
and then she wont have tons to do.. They cant ask our
medical problems but I did tell her so she knows.. She
was very understanding which I am grateful for as I dont
want her to think I am just plain lazy why I cant do alot of
stuff and she really understands.. as she had a gentleman
she cared for was a para from the waist down...

I did mail my reassessment form back today, I am so
anxious to find out what is going to happen..I am sure
they wont take anything away as I really have not improved
but then with govt you never know they always come up
with some reason or another to justify what they do to us.
Its a shame what they can get away with...

I have to say My ribs and arms are alot better.. not nearly
as sore..which I am glad was hard to transfer without it
really hurting.. I did call to make a Drs. appointment today
but the girl that makes the reservations wasnt in so I have
to call back on Monday.. My eyes seem to have that same
junk again.. I also wanted to relay the message the man
from the SSI told me.. to call and make sure they stress
the fact that I am a amputee and all my other problems
as well..I think I need to get my hands checked..the tips
of my fingers are really getting dark..and If I dont go pretty
soon Dawn said she will have Donnie come and take me
and I then would have NO choice..as he would just pick
me up and carry me out lol...but i guess its time just in
case its something and maybe they can avoid anything
drastic that could happen like losing the tips of my
fingers..I wonder how long it would take me to learn to
type again? Hmmm that will be a challenge but ,, I KNOW
it wont take me long ..like I could stay away from my
computer? lolol..sure..

I had to call and find out about Stans excursion to buy my
sis her silk panties.. was hilarious.. we laffed so hard..
She said stan offered to pay the Granddaugher..$100 if she
would go and buy them for him and NOT to tell Gramma
which of course she did,,, Sis said it was so funny that
when he got back ..he DID go.. he told her he promises
he will fix whatever needs it as soon as it does if he
NEVER has to go and buy them again..I laughed so hard..
Leave it to my sis to come up with something so good .lol...
she outdoes me sometimes.. Shirley and I are so much
alike its scarey.. and yet we didnt meet till we were both
in our 30's. And I'll tell you she is THE BESTEST SISTER
ANY person could have.. She has never left my side thru
all of this nightmare I have been thru .. she was right there
with me.. Shes My Sis...:-D..and LORD I AM SO GLAD...

I now have CLEAN apt.. Rae even did the litter box It
was one of the hardest things I had to do as its right on
the floor.. she has all her cats and loves them and said
she didnt mind changing it at all.. I tried to do it today
before she got here but I pooped out.. I was trying to do
a little bit so she wouldnt get discouraged when she saw
the messy place..She was impressed that this place was
so kept up considering I have done it on my own for so long.

Well been a really hectic day and me and the boys are
super pooped.. no nap today and I sure need one.. I
know what will happen.. I will go and drag this weeble
butt over to my bed.. snuggle down in.. and wonder how
long it will be before these yukky eyes close.? I bet not
long..then Ill wake up about 2 or 3 wide awake just like
this morning I was up at 3:30..lol.. butt I went back to
bed about 7 till about 10..dozing so its not too bad.. I
hope there is a good movie on.. I hate commercials..


Today was a good day, I even woke up happy today!!!
Life is good.. :-) got lots of sweet family and friends
and now a great new caregiver..oh..cant forget my boys..

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. & thanks for
all your great comments and letters.. mean alot to me.

..
Always, Lois***

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    So very glad you are happy with RaeLynn - it must be such a relief for you. You really deserve to get a few of the good things in this life if anybody does! I sure hope the re-assessment gives you more hours AND more money to make things easier for you. You are such a super, optimistic Lady, bless you. I worry about your fingers, though. I say a little prayer about them every night.
    Lots of love and big hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello My Dear Sweet Lois,

    It has been a long time that i have not heard you. I am happy that you will soon have a re-assessment. I hope that it will be a positive one, that is you will get a better allowance in terms of more money and more hours for a caregiver.

    It is really sad to what has happened to your sister. I hope that she is doing a bit better now.

    I hope to hear you very soon. I long to chat with you on yahoo messenger but i nearly never find you online on this messenger.

    Take care of yourself.

    Bye..bye..bye..bye..bye..bye

    Yashvin

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, Thanks for your sweet kindnesses... Say ALL the prayers you can for me.. I sure need them :-) but dont we all? You are in mine as well...

    Hello Yashvin, I havent been in chat for a while as I have had so many things going on, I did say hello the other day you must have missed it..
    I do try to say hi when I am there.. Nice to hear from you..
    Take care,
    Always, Lois***

    Ps, Sis is doing good...thanks :-)

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois!
    I am so H*A*P*P*Y to read all the good news, wow! ; )
    I hope that your healing-progress with arm and rib continues too.
    I smile all over for your sake!
    I wish i could chat about it, but my sister in law has invaded the computerroom for the weekend..... She and her juniors are staying saturday morn to sunday night, and thats bad. But there is a new week ahead, and we have the rest of our lives to talk, and you have to rest to get fully recovered.
    Until next time i give you the usual KAO`s.
    ***+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob, thank you ~!~ good news is always so nice to get. Sorry to hear about your invasion lol...
    I havent done alot of chatting since so much is going on with the bodily injuries etc LOL.. but Ive greatly improved ....
    Hope you still enjoy your weekend tho.. :-) Thanks again !
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker