ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

~Slow Improvment~

Today I do feel a bit better and have stayed up longer
than I have the past 3 days...This stuff lets you think
you feel no too bad..so you get up..and then it gets
right back and says"JUST FOOLIN" and back I go
to bed...I had some good soup and watched tv and
fell asleep real fast...I just dont sleep long at one time.

I used to mainly sleep on my right side..well now it is
really hard to do and if I am not laying just right the
weight from my left stump, it being a bit longer than
the right puts pressure on my hip..even with a pillow
between them.. I miss sleeping like that tho..every
once in a while, I don't know what I do, but I can sleep
that way for awhile.. It gets very hard on my back
steady sleeping that way..that's why sometimes I
sleep sitting up just to have a different position... I
got used to doing that in the hellhome.
.
They had a major issue there about side rails..they
were not allowed to use them as they were considered
restraints.. There were so many of the dearies that
started to fall out..they would put their beds as far down
as they would go ( if they had electric bed, not all did) and
put a 2 inch foam mat the length of the side supposedly
to help cushion the fall...well didn't work real good..They
went thru and tied all the side rails down so you couldnt
pull them up..well I needed mine to sit up or to roll to my
side..so i cut mine off so I could use them.. I only used
one side anyway..but I wanted mine ..they of course told
me i wasn't allowed to but well they never came and tied
it back up...I would have just cut if off again.. I thought of
how dangerous to not have them for the patients , not
able to use them anymore..Some people really had to
have them and they said no..i did cut some others off
too for a couple other people i knew..oh we weren't
allowed scissors either ..if they had gotten mine they
would have taken them..too dangerous..
.
when i had to turn or sit up that side rail sure came
in handy..just to sit up now is really hard..but i did put
a rope..well a strap..and tied it to my bed frame and I
use that now for leverage to help pull me up..Some times
i would try to get up and almost pull my shoulder out..I
can get a hospital bed..electric if I want one then i could
have the trapeze over top to help me get up. I had thought
about getting one but its only a single bed and alot
smaller than what i have now..and I like the room i have
its only a double but big for me..works good..and this
strap i have now helps alot.
.
Well i still feel crappy, but i expect to for a few days yet..
I was so glad Dawn came over this morning and went to
the bank for me..and she vacuumed..Kelli had to work
today.. They are so good to me.. Dawns birthday is
tomorrow..they are having a dinner and invited her parents.
They will have a good time Dawn is such a sweetie..
.
I'm going to get some water and go back to bed.. thanks
again for all the sweet birthday wishes..so nice to get.
.

Y'all have a good one y'hear? LUV ya...
Always, Lois ***

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



4 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everybody in NYC has colds or are getting overthem. I am getting over mine and I have a raspy throat. coff! coff! more tea with honey!

    momar

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, hope you get to feeling better. I feel better today and decided that Its been long enough and I AM BETTER..Now.. I just have to make that WORK lol... take care now..get better soon.. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    SO glad you are feeling just a bit better. Love the new pic, even though you are full of flu. I am just imagining what the pics of you will be loke when you are fit & well again - can't wait!!
    Get5 well soon, love and big hugs from Raife.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, thank you lol..so good to hear from you. I am feeling better today. I am SO ready for this to be over I have stuff to do lol...
    Have a good day :-) well evening by you .. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker