ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, January 22, 2006

~My Poor Sis~

Today is better, thank goodness.. I was getting tired of this
already...and I bet y'all was too...nothin' like a whiney weeble.
lol...I do feel better I did have doubts a couple times tho..My
sis just phoned.. with bad news.. She fell and broke her ankle
this morning on her way to church.. She has a cast on her
leg .. Always something.. My brother in law will be very upset
when he returns..since she fell from a slippery ramp she has
that goes into her house..that he was supposed to have fixed.
Its wood and with the snow, and rain it gets slippery..And
this morning, by her, they had both so was very slippery and
she lost her footing and down she went..She is doing ok..

I remember how many times I had sprained my ankles and I
broke my leg twice..The last time just before I had it amputated
I think that was why they really didn't put it into a cast..just a air
boot type thing...hurt horribly..When I worked I always dressed
up and wore heels. I very seldom fell off them but I did a couple
times and sprained my ankle.. I don't know which is worse, a
sprain sure hurts alot, but a break isn't pain free either...

When I had fallen and broke my leg that thanksgiving just before
my first amputation.. I think they sort of knew that my foot was
dying.. it had a few bad spots on it that would not heal..and
had gotten really dark.. By the time January got there my foot
had turned black.and I watched as it sort of disintegrated
and seemed to just melt PAINFULLY away..I remember the
pain most of all. I know by the time the day came to have the
amputation.. i wanted it off - I needed SOMETHING to be done.
I actually remember begging them to hurry and do this..please
just so the pain would be less, i was in agony ..

I think that was the first thing I really noticed when I woke up..
That the excruciating pain was gone...It hurt..and was propped
up on a rolled up blanket..but it was a pain I could handle..I
was really glad that it was done..but I hated the look of it..I
honestly did not like the bk amputation.. I had a horrible time
to straighten my stump out. it just would NOT..when I would
try it would really hurt.. like the tendon had not been left long
enough so the remaining part would lay flat down on the bed
was awful and I hated it..

When I got back to the hellhome no one there seemed to know
how to bandage a bk amputation.none of the dressings stayed
on..that's why it got infected..from the nite the dressing fell off
to the floor and the nurse just picked it back up and slid it onto
my stump before I could stop her.. I still cant believe that a RN
would do something that stupid...I was only a LPN and I knew
NOT to do that..ANYONE does...but she actually got MAD!!!
said she didn't have time to put a new one on ..let the day shift..
I told her to give me the stuff and I would do it..she stomped
out of my room and I could hear her mumbling all the way
down the hall..when she came back she literally threw the
packages of tape and gauze onto my bed..while she hurriedly
put a new bandage on ..I was taking up too much of her time..
That's why I had to have it taken off AK..because of the
infection that set in...was from her neglegence.. she did not
lose her job, as she told them.." I DID put a new dressing
ON" but did NOT state that I made her...Thankfully she is no
longer employed there, I hope she is not in another home
abusing patients. think of the ones that cant complain...thats
why they wanted me out of there because I DID..I let them
know, (when i was sane) when they were wrong...I think
thats why they kept me drugged LOL. just to shut me up ..
well someone had to say something when they did wrong
90% of the dearies in there didnt KNOW They were even
IN there.. :-) someone had to look out for all of us...

Well I am going to go and lay it down for the night ..thank
you all for your get well wishes and I apologize for the
boring posts the past few days..If you have any questions
or something you would like to know about.. I hope you
will email or post a comment here and I will try to answer
you...Maybe some others are too shy to post a comment
and are too shy to ask...but let me know if you do.. I am
always glad to get email..I love to write.. :-) didnt know
THAT did ya? see? good thing I told you ....nitey nite..:-)

Y 'all take care now y'hear? luv ya..and thanks again..
ALways, Lois ***



May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker