ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

~Burned & Beaned~


Well.. I didnt mention the fact last nite that I burnt my right stump
yesterday.. and my stomach.. I had put a pan of water on the stove
to boil to make a cup of coffee.. I make one cup at a time..I use a
strainer and a paper coffee filter and put it over the cup and pour
the BOILING water in it.. I mentioned lately that my right wrist and
thumb are acting up from the carpal tunnel. What that does is cause
you to lose strength in your hand..holding power so to speak..As
I was holding the pan and pouring the water into the filter..my thumb
decided then it didnt wanna hold on anymore. The pan tipped and
the water came out..hit the coffee filter splashed out and over the sink
and I got it.right down the front of me..Talk about HURT!!

It hurt so bad..I had to pull my skirt away from my stump..that got the
worst as I was pushing back..so it didnt get my face..but i didnt roll
fast enough cuz of this STIFF chair and that boiling water hit my
stomach a little but ALOT went on my right stump..even underneath
as that water ran..down under me..NOT good ..its really sore today..
It could have been worse.. I showed Raelynn and she checked it
out real good for me..its seriously red..no blisters tho..and just hurts
like HELL...Raelynn was concerned and is going to try to find a
cheapie drip coffee maker..the one my sis just gave me doesnt even
make hot coffee and the carafe? shoot dribbles and runs more than
I DO lol..:-) its a horrible carafe...I thinks its the one from that free
coffee givalaia? or something like that? Thats the only thing I can
do ..I cant risk holding this pan if with no warning this hand decides
not to work. I could obtain some serious body damage...Ill keep a
close check on it...

If this chair wasnt so stiff I maybe would have gotten out of the way
of that water..I dont know how to describe how these wheels act
like something is not greased and making them just HARD to go
around..Maybe they forgot to grease them or something when they
put this chair together i dont know..But I maybe wouldnt have gotten
this stump burnt like this if I had the easy rollin of my old chair..I
still may go back to that one.. I put off all week calling about this one
thinking maybe I am expecting it to be loosened up by now..I dont
know..i do know it makes me VERY mad sometimes...These 2
front tires drive me nuts..they stick out and get me hemmed up all
the time..and STAY in the way . they need a new design so this tire
doesnt stick out so much they could fix that...i would think so any
way...

Todays mess was..well they gave me a egg with jelly beans in it..
from the people that deliver my lunch..I did NOT see it on the table..
well you KNOW who did yes? and of course he had to find it at nite..
while i was in bed.. I heard a weird noise last nite but the guy next
door hits the walls alot..so I dont pay attention unless its glass breaking
thing..did you know if you roll over a jelly bean that it will stick to the
tires of a wheel chair? then if its the FRONT tire you have to dig the
CRAP out of the groovies? lol..well. I got up during the night .about
midnite, potty of course..but I was so thirsty i rolled out to the kitchen
to get some water out of the fridge, the ice machine is still NOT hooked
up, then went back to bed... I got up this morning and noticed a paper
sticking off my wheel..I looked down..and there were jelly beans stuck
in my front tires..about 6 or so..I said "WHAT THE HEY" how'd these
get there? hmmmm im thinkin...so I roll out to the dining room and saw
the empty egg and the wrapper and I knew thats where the jelly beans
that were stuck in my tires came from, Dutch unwrapped it, it cracked
when it hit the floor..and he played, I bet had a blast, with those jelly
beans.. I dont turn a light on at night when I get up I dont have to..there
are so many lights in that parking lot next door I bet they see it by
satellite, so when I went out there to get a drink, I didn't see them all
over the floor! :-)

SO ANYWAY..I have to totally bend in half to reach the front smaller
tires on this chair..take a knife..oh I DID lock down first..and hold on
with one hand and bend wayyyyyy over so I can DIG these jelly
beans out of the groovies of my tires..talk about a mess my tires
were so sticky..maybe thats why Im rolling slow? lol..no its the big
tire thats slow, Im pretty sure lol...*SIGH* fun fun fun...chair life is
SO EXCITING lol..I just LOVE it :-D well I dont hate it with out this
chair i wouldnt HAVE a life..Id be stuck ..so I complain about it
but its a lifeline for me and a major one..I just wish they were easier
to clean..I sure hope Raelynn will have time to clean this one...it
sure needs it.! .did you know cat hair sticks to jelly beans too? My
tires were a mess took me quite a while..its hard to stay bent over
like that to clean them then roll a little bit..then dig and wipe...Ya..
this aint easy..specially with sticky stuff like jelly beans...wish money
would stick to me as good as those buggars stuck to my tires
i'll tell ya lol.. :-)

I wasnt too hungry today and took a short nap this after noon..I stayed
up as long as I could..till about 1 then I had NO CHOICE but to drag this
jelly beaned chair over to my bed and drag this scorched body up on
that bed..lol..I slept good for a hour maybe. then had to get up...just
didnt work between my stump and my back..I dunno..but maybe the
Easter bunny will figure out a solution, and ill sleep good when I go back
over there in a few....nitey nite...:-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear?LUV Ya..& thanks..

ALways, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY EASTER LOIS, THIS IS RICHARD, MY GRAM IS IN THE HOSPITAL, WE HAVE HER ON TEMP LIFE SUPPORT, SHE IS VERY ILL, I HAVE BEEN THERE ALL DAY AND LAST NIGHT TOO, PRAY FOR HER AND ME TOO.
    AND PLEASE GO TO THE DR WITH THAT BURN. IT IS IMPORTANT. I AM REALIZING THAT YOU {"YOUNG" PEOPLE THINK YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN MEDICAL NEEDS AND GET INTO A LOT OF TROUBLE. NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.
    LOVE FROM JUDI AND RICHARD

     
  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank You Richard, same to you Hon...I am so sorry to hear this..Please..give her a hug and kiss from me and tell her I will summon all the prayer warriors I know to pray for her, and I love her dearly...Prayer is a powerful thing..

    PLEASE keep in touch with me Richard, and yes dear, I shall be most careful. Thank you for letting me know,

    Keep your chin up Richard, you know how to reach me...

    Love Always, Lois****

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    First, A very happy Easter to you.
    Second, I'll join in the prayers for your Gram, Judi and Richard. You know, don't you, that she has a Guardian Angel who will see her through this?
    Third, I wish I were there to clean up those tyres (sorry, Tires!!!) for you, Lois. It would be SO easy for me and it is SO hard for you, my dear.
    If your old and new chairs are the same model, it might be worth changing wheels. It would certainly be worth moaning to the authorities about it.
    Take care, my dear. Lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife..yes I plan to phone them tomorrow..see what they say.. I havent liked this chair since I got it.

    I think we all have guardian angels. I have asked everyone I know to pray for Jo and Judi..I know they will and asked that the mail be fwd to others. I think by the time it is passed around should hit about 1000 people today if everyone will forward..Just read the stat and say "God Bless them" I think will do alot...

    Happy Easter my dear friend. :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois!
    Be careful of these legs of mine.... Well, when harm allready is done, you have to do something about this burned stumps of yours. A tip from me is to massage them in sourmilk (duuno if you call it so in US). Sourmilk is like youghurt or something, and it does wonders to burning from sun, and if you get irritated you know where....Well if you dont its right on top between your stumps...Its very effective and a good thing even if it sounds strange.
    Take care and rest much dear!
    And the usual KAO´s.
    ***+*
    Your Rob

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob! So good to hear from you. It is very red today, and quite sore but I will keep a close eye.. Yes, I know we have sourmilk here and yogurt...I have heard that myself. So far it is ok..I will keep a close watch..

    Glad to have you back! :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker