ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, April 17, 2006

~Got 1 Thing Done Today~

I called about my chair today and they will be out this week to
check it out, the guy said they could tighten up the brake and he
would check out the tires as to why it is so stiff to roll in this thing.
There is a big difference in this chair and my old one..But then
when I was breaking in my old one I didn't notice how long it took
to loosen up etc. that was the really super bad crying staring out
the window time, so I didnt pay attention to it since I did hardly
anything..let alone roll around..the less I disturbed that left stump
the less pain there was...I thought that infection was NEVER
going to heal...so how my chair maneuvered wasnt alot..I sat in
one spot most of the time and that was at the window.

Ive been looking thru my photo album thinking of how every picture
in there I could write a story about, they were such good times..I
loved taking pictures ..we all did..thats why I have so many lol...I
havent changed in that respect at all I STILL love to take them lol.
The boys run when they see me fire up this cam to take pictures
soon as I aim it at them lol..I like taking pictures, It doesnt matter
of what... I bet I have 5 photo albums..full of pictures lol..But how
else do you bring those memories back to mind..You sit and
look at the photos and think "AHHH yes..remember when..." I
have some old 8 mm. movies we had put onto vcr tapes and
I wish I could get some of the photos off of it.. My dad LOVED
to take pictures too now that I think of it..he ALWAYS had that
camera or old video camera going at the family gatherings
when we were all gathered around ..hmmm so THATS where
I got this from !!! :-)

I have seriously been thinking about trying to write a book though,
I have the name already..and a pretty good idea of what I want
to do..and how.. I just have to do it now..and the first step I think
is to clean this bedroom and desk..and start there..get my printer
hooked up..and then see about getting a new monitor....I just have
to do it dont I? lol...I get so many things going around in my head
at the same time its pathetic and then I get nothing done... *SIGH*

I got a great email from RIchard..Judi..is better.!! .He was so worried
and said it was VERY touch and go. but during the night she HAS
improved..Richard said the prayer warriors must have done the job
she was better and he was so glad. My girl Twinks..well Jo..had
her surgery this morning and I am waiting to hear..I know she will be
fine. We will accept nothing else. These 2 dear friends of mine going
through all this just makes me sit here and pause and think that I
am so lucky..I get into stuff , but its minor..compared to being so
gravely ill or going through surgery AGAIN for dear Jo..shes had so
much..well so has Judi , Bless their Hearts...so Please keep them
in your prayers...I havent heard from my friend Marlene in a while
either and I know she was having some problems..I hope she is doing
ok too.. When you think about others you dont have time to worry
about yourself..sure helps me take my mind off ME.. i go nutty when
I think of ME lolol. no no Just kidding :-) My stump is red today..but its
not too bad..I'm keeping a close eye on it though and its sore..but ok.

I made the most delicious pot of beans. I put them into the slow cooker
yesterday..some onion..oh..small navy beans, and some ham, talk
about M M M M...so good I ALMOST wish my ex hubby had a taste,
he loved a pot of beans and cornbread lol..They are really good..I did
good on these , I know dont say it I will...
beans, beans, the musical fruit...
the more you eat..the more you toot...
The more you toot..the better you feel...
Lets have BEANS..for EVERY Meal!!! :-) ha ha ha ..cute oldie ...

On that musical NOTE.... nitey nite :-D

Y'all have a good one now.Y'hear? love ya & thanks!

Always, Lois****

Ps.. No messes as of yet today...keep your fingers crossed lol..

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



10 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois-love!
    Roses and stump is red,
    violets are blue....
    sugar is sweet my dear,
    and so are you....
    I am too in a way... I am diabetic you know. : )
    Have a nice day dearest one!
    And the usual, i dont even have to say it....
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob..how sweet :-) thank you. yes you are sweet too I agree! I hope you are well and that your company has left to give you back your puter room lol..

    Take care and hope all is well by you :-)
    Always, Lois ****
    You forgot something didnt YOU??? lol
    hmmm? :-) *

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No dear i didnt forget, just left it out to do something new:
    And the usual, i dont even have to say it....
    The usual is KAO ***+*
    ROB

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank you :-) Just checking...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once there was the photograph, then came the television screen. Tele=distant/vision. As I have watched ITN or BBC world news, I have visited many countries - just sitting in my llivingroom. I have seen the pyramids and camel auctions. I have seen the modern architecture in Ivory Coast and Windhoek. I have seen the camel auctions in Bamaco or Timbuctou. I went into a butcher who specializes in wild game meat and asked if he had any frozen camel meat and he asked me one hump or two.

    ouch - momar

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar, You always give me a smile..one hump or two LOL. Yes TV is good but so is the computer you can do the same thing, except with a computer you can "Talk" to someone as well.. With that new Google Earth I have gone everywhere. I counted the number of people by Buckingham Palace..even cars on the roads..So much fun, and all this is free..well except for the internet cost but it can be cheap..Cable is wonderful..

    Hope you have a good day, how ya gonna COOK that camel? lol...:-) (they dont really EAT camel do they?)
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I love looking through old photos. We have some daguerreotypes from as early as 1854 of family members. If you get the lighting just right they look very real, as if they are alive and in the room with you.

    You should definitely think about writing a book. Your experiences are interesting and varied.

    We would all like to keep a close eye on your stump. I'm glad that your weren't burned more badly.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Gray...:-) im sure y'all would lol..
    I love to look at them too, well now- someone needs to help me find a publisher lol. And tell me just what I need to do to get this book rolling too :-)
    Have a good day!
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Yes, you should DEFINITELY write a book. Your narative style would hold people almost as well as "The Da Vinci Code"!!! The stories would be true, what's more, unlike "The Code".
    You must get that scanner of yours going. You can do wonders with old photos and "Paintshop Pro", even print them as sepia prints.
    Take care, my dear, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife.. I really do want to write one.. I am going to do my best to try to..I think would be fun lol...
    Yes PSP is great if you dont get intimidated by all the stuff in there lol..I get LOST!!!. Next order of business after acquiring a monitor is to hook up 3 in 1..I want to get this book started lol..i have lots of ideas for it :-) hope all went well today

    Always,Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker