ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

~Ingredients~


Everyday I talk about food I think, when I end my
post. I was noticing today as I chatted with a friend
that we talked alot about food. How we prepared
it and how the same thing could have different names
but everything had ingredients that made that dinner
what it was.

That got me to thinking of course..I DO that you know.
:-) AND it does NOT hurt lol. but, Everything - has
ingredients.... People..food, buildings, cars, animals,
all have things in them to make them what they are.
The better the ingredients the better the final
product wouldnt you say? The solid stable life with
love and caring makes a good person, fresh veggies
and meat, make a wonderful meal, solid wood, concrete
make a strong, safe building, good dependable motors
make great cars, animals, I think are made of love
and stamina, value of sticking together makes them
stronger. EVERYTHING has ingredients.

I think the ingredients in me that make me who and
what I am today were put into me without me even
knowing they were there, that through these years
different things have been added to make me what
I am now. The things that help me through this hard
part that, perhaps, is why I was sent down all the
roads I went on, to get to this place, so that I can
accept this new challenge. To do a total restart at
59 years old..and be a "revised" person in EVERY
way, well, I guess though those roads were hard
but, I made them, AND I'm riding now..this should
be easier, yes? :-) and I guess I did really GO the
way I was meant to go. And this really could be alot
harder, if I didnt have the right ingredients...
at least I think it would be..

My friend Cherry, bless her heart, her Mum is ill-
remember? and on our prayer list.. she said the nicest
thing and even sent the url to this blog to others..She
said I was an inspiration..wasnt that just sweet? It
sure made me feel good that I could help her a little bit,
take her mind off some of her worries for even for just
a little while. But it helped me too- while I was thinking
about her...and her Mum...I wasnt thinking about ME. :-)
and all my problems. We really helped each other...

Well back to the subject of food lol. ahhh y'all knew I
would get back to it. Lunch wasnt too bad, beef and
noodles, mashed potatoes and broccoli, and pears for
desert, not too bad..I ate some of it, but I need a
desert..I did eat the pears..Once in awhile I like to have
fruit..I just never considered fruit a desert, so I will
go and find some of those raspberry cookies I know are
there. :-) they are just waiting for me...:-) nitey nite..

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!!!
ALways, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

10 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir
    Robert

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I enjoyed the link between the nature of Lois and food.

    Thanks!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got your link from Cherry! You are an inspiration!!!

    Nancy

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Jour Robert... So Nice of you to come and read me ..:-)*

    Gray, Im glad you enjoyed that..but it is true isnt it? Thank goodness we all basically have the same ingredients, loving and caring. major stuff .

    Well Hiya Nancy!!! Welcome to my little corner of the world.. Cherry is such a sweetie..So very glad you came by and let me know..means alot to me..

    Thank you all So VERY much..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In NYC we have Meals on Wheels. It is prepared in a central kitchen by Phillip Morris - See they do some good once in a while. As a home attendant, I am an expert at taking a bland meals on wheels meal and making it sing with sauces and spices. Speaking of foods, there was once a French fiction called Sweet Desserts by Taardart about a woman who committs suicide by over eating. I once knew a religious Catholic Nurse who comitted suicide with TV dinners. People laugh when I tell them that story, but it is true. The greatest food in the world is Rigo Jancy an Austro Hungarian pastry.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar, Yes thats who brings my lunch, Meals on Wheels from the senior center here because of being disabled they deliver to me..Some days is good..others? Well I KNOW the cook cant possibly taste her cooking. If she does she has no taste.lol..True!!! But we cant complain..or we get shut off. You just know everything..You amaze me..:-)
    hope you have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois****

    NOW Im hungry lol...

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I read your blog to take my mind off me too....I love food..I didnt think id be eating much just now but I still get hungry as ever haha. In fact dinner yesterday sounded yummy...Im having fajitas for mine tonight...

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Cherry!!!
    I just now sent you a mail..Thanks for letting me know people are letting you know they are reading.. Well See? We are doing good then arent we? We think about each other and no time to worry about anything else!!! I'll give you PLENTY to worry about with me my friend HAHAHA naaa just kidding.. :-)

    Fajitas? MMM that sounds good.. Momar is a whiz with cooking, although I find men DO make great cooks. I taught my ex to be a great one LOL..

    My best to Mum...Y'all are in our prayers!! Nice to hear from you..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Just had Pizza (with extra added ketchup and Cheddar cheese), with sweet corn and peas. Those were the right ingredients alright!!
    You ARE an inspiration, you know, bless your lovely heart. Always ready to think of others.
    Take care, hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    HiYa Raife!!!! How are ya sweetie?? :-) ummm honey..ketchup on pizza? and cheddar cheese? well I guess y'all do it differnt over yonder, toe-ma-toe sauce and mozarella..yes..lol and you put sweet corn and peas on it? well..to each his own Ive never tried it like that butt..well y'all just got differnt stuff over there.. :-)
    As Long as the ingredients make you happy well honey EAT UP ;-D luv ya *
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker