ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

~Nice Fish~



I told the story about the taco box last nite and thought I
would put this picture here of Donnie and a Northern Pike
he caught.- Nice fish hey? I've seen bigger than this.. I am
not sure what size this one is..but I know the one I got was
32 inches..David had it mounted and to this day claims it
as his..which I dont care..I know I caught it..he did help put
it in the boat.. I remember him yelling "oh my GOD Lois, Its
TOO big for the net"..as he lifts that thing out of the water..
Looked HUGE. I KNOW how sore my arm was fighting
that thing for over half an hour..IN and OUT.. lol.. was fun
tho, I got tired half way thru and asked David to take the
pole and get it for me..Was a fight let me tell you..But I
have caught bigger.. a hammerhead shark down in
Galveston...

You know..most of the places I knew and remember-..I
bet I could still get to- even now in this chair..We always
fished from shore..and sat in lawn chairs..they were the
same size as this..Only times might be hard is on a river
bank..if the bank is steep..then that wouldnt be possible
unless I was carried and as steep as some were well
be easier and safer to just get a truck with a hoist thingie
and lower me over the side..hehe be cute..or a crane..
swing out and over and lower me down lol..I proably
would go too..I could easily get on Donnies pontoon its
the same level as the dock, Donnie made sure of that
after his dad fell once getting on it..He made sure that
NEVER happened again..I could get on that or any
pontoon for that matterin this chair..take the tables out
and there is alot of open space in them. I loved to ride
in that pontoon slow at sunset down the river..was so
pretty and nice to do on a hot summer night . music
playing..stop and fish off and on..was great..

Ive been asked a few times what I weigh and that is NOT
a nice question to ask a lady..If Im being a smarty and tell
you to guess you better be careful what you say lol.. No
quite honestly, I dont know ..I havent been weighed since
I left the hell home..That was a kinda scarey procedure..
they put you in a sling type thing..then swung you out over
the floor from your chair or bed or where ever they put
you on it from..Your suspended up in the air just hanging
there thinking 'if that strap breaks ...' knowing how hard
that floor is in there..I hit it at least 3 times I fell out of my
chair in there face first..it sure wakes you up real fast
makes you say a few swear words too ~!~ Thought I
broke my nose one time..then once they put that seat
belt on me..well I went and pulled that chair right behind
me..the handle hit me in the back of the head made me
see stars..They took that off real fast..I got hit TWICE!
once was bad enough... But I really dont know how much
I weigh..I can only guestimate....too much? :-) lol... No no
just right I'm GORGEOUS remember? :-)

I look at my thighs and they are bigger, but is it from a
weight gain or lack of use, like I would get from walking on
them and keeping the muscles firm? I dont know..Probably
I would say- both...and there is just no way I can exercise
them enough to equal the use they got when all my leg was
there and I walked...I do exercise them when I lay on the bed.
I was told when I was in the nursing home by that gorgeous
PT guy there, to make sure I laid very flat at least once a day
for a while ..which I do..and then depending how tired I am
I lift and move my stumps around..but that in no way still
could or would be equal to walking.. I sound like such an
expert dont I? lol..well ya I guess I am..Im living it so that
makes me one since I do know first hand lol.. :-) I dont see
any decrease in the amount of movement I have in them
and they move..well just like they did when the rest was
there..so..they move great and that helps when I have to
scoot on my bed..then I dont have to depend on my arms
to pull or push me I dont get on the ends but I still use them
to help move me..believe me I need all the extra help I
can get moving me around lol.. :-D...

Well Im gonna move me right out to the kitchen. see what I
can find..I dont know what I want..I had NO idea when I got
here what I was going to write about .. and well here this is..
what..4 paragraphs down? ..so I musta thought of something
hey? :-) its any good..let me know . lol..Im rolling to food land..
Nitey Nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya and thanks !
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo,
    Very nice poisson,
    Robert

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Robert! So Nice to hear from you again..:-) ok this is a test yes? ummm..poisson...fish? lol...:-) told ya been YEARS since I took french.. Not fair. lol..ju speaka da french every day lol..

    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Guess you are about Three stone, six pounds. Now, work that one out!! lolol. That's good, old-fasioned Limey measure.
    Don't worry about the weight, the whole package is absolutely GORGEOUS.
    Take care, hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife, direct from the dog-box!!!

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife, Sorry about the dog box.. you have got to have those sides on it pretty wore down by now as many times as you climb in and out of that buggar lol... we call it the dog house here lol..

    So ok..question... who weighed that first stone? who said how much a stone weighs ? We have stones here all different sizes..all different weights.. Poor guys over there got to use stones to weigh and liters to measure and y'all call stuff funny names. You will catch on to the right way honey..just stick with me, I'll get ya straightened out. lol..
    Hope you get let let out of that box today. :-)
    Always, Lois****

    ps..Limey? Limes are green fruit..So y'all grow limes there hey? lol... see what i mean? lol.. ooops I :-)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Personally I love when you talk about your thighs. They may be larger, but they look lovely and soft to me... but I should stop there! I imagine that it is fluid and muscle atrophy. If you are bothered by it you could wear shinkers pretty much all the time to prevent fluid accumulation, but that sounds uncomfortable to me.

    I don't think that excercise would affect your lovely thighs because the muscles that move them are higher up, for example, the muscles in your butt. Most of the muscles in your thighs were used to move your lower legs. There is nothing for them to do now.

    Have a most wonderful day!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray!!! glad you made it by :-) I look at them and i know some days they feel like they are massive and could just explode..but then other days when they are being CALM..they do look big. but i agree I dont think anything would really change them other than that wrapper thingie. I called it a binder.. I had one on my right for a wile was AWFUL...I hated it.. so uncomfy .. and HOT...

    When I do move them around they do feel better. more relaxed. it helps.
    HOpe you have a good day :-)
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker