ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

~Things You Find~

I was cleaning out the drawer in the bathroom vanity
this morning and found the lidocaine and the other
solution they used to numb my left stump- when I had
that raging infection., I thought I had thrown them
away. I saw
the date on them said 7-03-02... seems
like a
century ago.But then on the other hand..seems l
ike
only yesterday,I dont know why the memory of
pain seems to stay with you and something you just

cant seem to forget.I had 2 kinds of numby meds that
had to be injected which was not fun either. I hate
needles...3 years not seeing those things...but..
to see them again..I remember.

The nurse came 3 times a week, monday, wednesday
and fridays.. When I would wake up on those days
I would watch the clock and get more and more upset
knowing what was coming..specially on the days when
my stump wasnt hurting too bad..I dreaded the time.
By the time the nurse got here I was already a
basket case and upset knowing what was ahead.. I
knew the pain med would numb it, but in a few hours
I knew the pain would be even worse once it wore
off, because of touching and doing the dressing
change. There was no sleeping, eating, nothing, just
sitting and crying every day, wishing the pain would
go away just for a little while..

Its amazing how it did finally heal..I fired everyone
I just could NOT take any more.. I said I would take
care of it myself..And I did..just plain soap and water
gently over it..dressings every day..and that buggar
finally healed I think the day I looked and saw that
there was no hole there I cried again..realizing that
the pain was so much less. Hell of a time I'll tell ya..
But guess what??? I MADE IT~!~ lol :-)


My usual case worker, Becky, couldnt make it today
so another lady came named Diane..a sweetie. Very
understanding. I told her the circumstances about my
hours etc, and she is going to raise them.. I told her
RaeLynn just doesnt have time to do it all..but I said
right out I need more hours,she said "ill take care of
that as soon as I get back to the office" so hopefully
ill have more hours to give Rae, I think she will be
pleased, hope so.they will let me know. I told Diane I
don't mean to be a whiner, but I really could use more
time to have a little more done, she assured me I was
NOT a whiner that I was doing ok. Made me feel better,
I do really TRY,but sometimes I just cant quite do it. I
showed her the tips of my fingers that they seem to be
getting dark and that they tingle quite a bit- the more
I have to use my arms..the faster this moves. Hard to
explain...But they are dark, sometimes feel numb. Im
watching them closely.Thats all I would need is to lose
fingers! sheesh - HOW would I TYPE?? ohoh. they
have voice activated ones I think.I saw Ron type and
he had no hands..so its possible.


Got some groceries today, RaeLynn went shopping for
me, I didn't get junk food either..well..ok maybe a
couple snacky things..cookies..n stuff..ok ok and a
pizza lol..Raelynn picked up a couple burgers for us
for lunch I showed her what they brought and she didnt
know what it was either, so 3 guesses where it ended
up lol..Well, Im headed to get a soda and get off this
butt of mine for the day...Ive been up since 4:30 and
I am kinda pooped....Too pooped to pop as they say lol
My popper is pooped lol :-) boy, I must be tired lol..
Nitey Nite...:-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya..& thanks..
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

7 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do hope that you get mre hours.
    Bon soir,
    Robert

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sweets, Well, somtimes ya know how to take care of yourself better than anybody else does. Well, at least, all that is in the past.

    Sure hope it works out that you get more hours. Mmm - did you say something about a butt....... lol

    Bare hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 4:05 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Jour Robert...I sure hope so..I Am trying, so maybe this lady will help me...

    Hi Butty, sure have missed you! welcome back! Like I say who loves you better than YOU love yourself? Who knows what is best for you than yourself..worked for me..Wish I had done that alot sooner..a year was way too long to go through that.. but its ALL over now Thank God..:-)

    I got up with the early birds today!!! :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Need to get those Prayer Warriors rooting for ya! I am and always remember those pinkies of yours. Let's hope it does the trick.
    Take care, hon. Lots of love and hugs from
    Raife.
    P.S. Like the new type face - doesn't show the punctuation so bad, does it?!! Lol ;o) R.C.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    LOL Raife!!! are you insinuating I have BAD punctuation? lolol..well ! lol Now if I can get that to space right..I'm learning..Just BARE with me lol.
    Hope you have a good day today.
    All God's children need prayers I think..ALL the time :-)Boy, some days I MEAN..I REALLY NEED them :-)
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I once had an MS patient and like you, he did not get out much. My hours were always getting changed 4 hours, then 3 hours. I always got his food shopping and wash done. I also took him for a walk around the block in a wheel chair or I would take him to his patio for a little sun.

    momar

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar. No very seldom do I leave here, I go outside, but other than that Its been awhile since Ive left here..year or so..:-)
    good to hear from you ...
    hope you have a good day..
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker