ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, April 21, 2006

~Wheels on Wheels~

When I talked to Donnie the other day he told me about a bus,
well coach that they make where he works that is designed
just for wheel chair people.. They make and design these huge
busses for celebrity's to travel in when they are on the road..
He described it to me, as he gets to check them out to make
sure they are running right as he is the head diesel mechanic
there.What he described was wonderful..

He said it was totally accessible. had a ramp and all the controls
to run everything inside was on a panel easily reachable..had
everything within reach..and at the perfect height. It had a more
wide open concept which would be perfect. The one he saw
did not have hand controls for driving as the driver did not
need them for this bus. I think was designed for a man who's
wife was in a chair..It was wonderful and be perfect for me.
Donnie said he KNEW I would love it, and I have NO doubt I
would be very happy in it.

Could you imagine how great that would be to travel all over
the states and meet everyone I know? spend some time with
them , have dinner and just have a great time.. They can even
ship these busses overseas, and could easily tour Europe.
THAT would be WONDERFUL..What a way to go tho..I would
pack up and get on the road tomorrow.. Wheels on Wheels..
Go anywhere and stop where every you felt like it.. how good
is that? I could like that alot..Im ready to roll ..:-) I need a driver
and a bus now...:-)

I have travelled quite a bit and lived in alot of places..I've been
to Hawaii and to Mexico..I love Hawaii and I wasnt real keen
on Mexico, but we were in a border town and I think along the
coast of Mexico they say is beautiful..My 2nd husband did
construction for quite a few years before starting his tree
service. We travelled ALL over the states..I remember El Centro
California..ohhh LORDY, was that place HOT..It was in the
middle of the desert and the crew was there, they were all mill
wrights..and building a Pellet plant to make food for cows..I stuck
it out for 4 months and had to go back to Indiana..just too hot
there even worse than Texas..I do enjoy travelling, seeing new
places..I think that would be a great way to live.. so..hmmm
now I need a bus..anyone got one??? Can I borrow it for a few
years? lol...

Mess report is not too bad..just some coffee drips from me to
report..Dutch hasn't been too bad..I probably shouldn't say that you
know how kids are they will make a liar out of you every time when
you say they wont do something or haven't lol..I better be quiet or
he will hear me lol..I know he cant read lol..

Talking about travelling its that time to travel and see what is
hiding in my kitchen..I dont know what I want again..Lunch? well
lets not go there..lol... lets just go where I know is REAL food :-)
my kitchen Nitey Nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear ? Luv ya & thanks! :-)
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

8 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With diesel up around $3+ I wonder how much it costs to fill the tank. In England Gas or Petrol is almost 1 Pound a liter or $1.70 a quart. Ah, but in the UK you get free medical care and uni so you have to pay for it somehow.

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Yep, Momar is right. I saw diesel yesterday at 99.9p per litre. Brought tears to my eyes!! If you shop around here, you might get it at 95.9, but it's still a lot. What you really need is a steam-powered wood-burner!!! lolol.
    I hope you can make that dream come true, though. You are right, it would be wonderful to break free of those four walls.
    Take care, hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning.. Gas is almost $3.00 a gallon here. Its sad that things have gotten so expensive..how do people work, pay a sitter and drive? Is there any left, what does that drop their pay to? Not alot..sad sad..

    Travelling the country..what a way to go..I'm ready..ANY TIME lol.These wheels are ready to roll lol..:-)
    ALways,Lois****

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Again My Lotis Blossom,

    You have been through a lot yourself and you and I are still blessed with even what has happened to us .. We have our trials and tribulations .. We've only been cyber-friends but we have been closer than most who see each other every day .. But you think of others first before yourself .. We do not ask "Why does this happen to me?" Well, why not me.. There are reasons that only God knows and so we must accept what He has planned for us.
    Twinks (Jo)

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When life brings us unkind things
    and sadness clouds our sight
    Then within each heart an angel sings
    and guides us through the night

    When it seems that life might not go on
    and the heart may forever fall asleep
    Then God's angels will come and give us strength
    Like the shepherds who stand guarding their sheep

    We may not know the road we trod
    for His plans are unknown to us
    so we must give our souls to God
    and know that he loves us so much.
    copywrite by "Twinks"

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya SweetPea...No matter what each of us has been through..someone else has been through worse, all we can do is reach out to lend a hand, and be there to lift each other up when we fall...isnt that what its ALL about...
    Luv ya kiddo...
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Ah, the bus trip. What a great thing that would be. I am sure that you would have manu visitors.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    I think would be great way to see the USA..think I could get a chevrolet? lol...
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker