ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

~Taco Box~

I thought I would share another one of my little storys..its not
a real long one but really cute..I hope you like it..:-)


My 2nd husband and I had a tree service in Indiana. It was a
good business, at one time we had 4 trucks, a boom, chipper,
dump and pickup. 5 men worked for us, one was my boy, Donnie
and our main climber was Julio, a Puerto Rican friend, and the
best climber in probably the state of Indiana. He could throw a
rope up in a 40 foot tall tree and be up in that thing in a matter
of minutes..He was very strong..and one of the best climbers I
have ever seen..Donnie, well, if he could go up in the bucket truck
he would, but to just climb a tree, no I think he said the last time
he had, he fell out and broke his arm. We had a great crew all
very good at what they did...

Donnie was the head groundsman and was in charge of all the
ground work of brushing and cleanup and of course hauling off
the wood..That day they had to make a run to bring a load of the
wood back to my house and on the way decided to stop at
Taco Bell, and get lunch, they got taco's for themselves as well
as for me, we sat on the back porch and chatted and ate our tacos...
We were talking about alot of things..What we planned to do that
week end, we each had plans..Julio, baseball, of course, Donnie
was going fishing..and I was just gonna take it easy and cook, as
usual, being summer probably on the grill...

As Julio is eating his taco he looks at Donnie and says "I have a
taco box" Donnie looks a little confused and looks at me, I said to
Julio "why do you keep your taco's in a box?" Don't you eat them all?"
Donnie laughs and says " I dont need to worry about a taco box I
never have any left when I get them" and of course I agreed. Julio
shook his head smiling at us since we look totally lost by now.

Julio looks at his taco in his hand..starts to laugh at Donnie and I
since we are looking so confused, like 'WHAT does this guy mean?'
Julio says "no no ..not taco box ...TACO BOX", again- Donnie and I
laugh, and look at each other...."what do you MEAN Julio?" I said..."I
dont keep them in a box either, they COME in a box, I never get that
many that I need a special box to keep taco's in. Julio is laughing now-
so are Donnie and I...We are looking at each other frowns on our
foreheads ..TOTALLY confused and laughing..Then Julio says...

"NO NO..TACO box--TACO BOX--..you know the kind you keep
FISHING stuff in ! FISHING TACO" :-)

Donnie and I looked at each other and laughed so hard ! we both
just shake our heads ....Donnie says

"TACKLE Julio.. T-A-C-K-L-E.NOT TACO." says it letter by letter
to him, spelling it out...Julio said THATS what I said.! .TACO BOX !"

We all had a good laugh at that. Came that saturday, Julio stopped
by to talk to my husband about a tree job as he is leaving he said
"Lois..I am taking my TACO BOX and I'm going fishing with Donnie"..
as he waves and goes back out the door. My husband looks at me and
says "he doesnt use that for bait does he?." :-)
I just laughed and proceeded to tell him the details about Julio's taco
box.. he got a kick out of it too..They did catch quite a few fish with
that Fishing TACO :-D

Well there is another little fishing story for you.. we all laughed so
hard at that..I wonder if Julio still keeps his TACO's in a boxl.. :-D

Good news !!!, Donnie is grandpa again, a baby girl. Isnt that just great?
His first wife had 2 daughters that he raised, this is the youngest of the
two..he has a grandson by the other..Kelli doesnt have children as she is
getting a good education, her Masters Degree. she is the one married
of the 3 however. Nikki and Amber have significant others I think they
are called now days..lol...They are lovely girls, my Grands :-) and my
honeygirls as I call them, and my neices I refer to them as honeygirls.
Kelli. shes that but I call her my Dolly..she was, still is, a cutie but as a
baby? she was a Doll...hence..Dolly.. :-) She doesnt mind I call her that.
She is the oldest of the 3.

No mess report..as of yet but I still have until midnite to go, so far so
good. :-) so keep your fingers crossed...I will make a trip out to the
kitchen for a soda and I think some cheese crackers tonite sound good.
just something light...3 guesses what was in my lunch today AGAIN ..
CARROTS.. I think those things must be grown by the zillions or are
SUPER cheap..am I the ONLY one that hates carrots? lol..Many times
as we get them for lunch I guess they are quite popular..wish they
would take a vote lol... Nitey Nite...;-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya.. & thanks..y''all are great.:-)

Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

8 Comments:

  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Many thanks for a great story. Sounds like a clip from "Faulty Towers" Que??? I know you get some of our TV shows over there. Do you get this John Clees programme? There is a Spanish waiter in it called Manuel whose English is not too good.
    You gotta eat them carrots!! Then you won't run Dutch and L.B. over when you go to potty in the night - you'll be able to see them OK!! lolol ;o)
    Carrots keep pretty well in dry sand without a freezer, which probably makes them cheaper than frozen peas. Maybe that's why you get them so often.
    Take care, hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife, :-) I'm glad you liked it.. Julio was alot of fun and he was so nice, we always teased him about his accent, he didnt mind, like you, he said we were the ones talked funny lol...

    Yes..I LOVE Faulty Towers, John Cleese, he is hilarious..and that Manuel was just as funny..great show.

    With the lights next door there is no such thing as dark here lol..

    Hope your cough is better and your having a good day...:-)
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I grew up in Kansas City, which has a large Mexican population. One afternoon years ago, I was out driving with my dad and brother. We stopped at a Mexican tomale place to get 12 tomales to take home for dinner. We each ad one, and then aother. The tomales never got home. In NY my search is for a decent tomale - they are hard to find.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I love Faulty Towers also. There is an amusing and good hour-long show where John Cleese talks about how the show was developed and filmed.

    I have to admit that I love working with chain saws and axes. I own two Husqvarna saws, a light weight machine with an 18" bar and a big one that I usually run at 22". My father taught me axemanship and I take pride in using an axe efficently.

    Have a fine day.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray, My ex daughter in law had a tape collection of that show. John Cleese is so funny, I love that man..he was so good in that movie A Fish Called Wanda. GREAT movie..

    Husky's were what we mainly used. We found them to be the most reliable under constant daily use..Last count I remember we had about 20 or so..We had a large company. We didnt use axes that I know of. your multitalented. sound like paul bunyon..lol..got a blue ox anywhere hidden? lol...(raife will love that one) lol.. ok ok hidden anywhere? lol...Raife is my editor lol.. Got to give him somethin to do :-) lol...
    hope your having a good day :-)
    ALways, Lois****

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, In Indiana there was this sweet lady that made tomales.. home made ..boy were they good..she made stops at all the company's and would take orders for things she would make and bring..her breakfast tacos lol were killer...ALL her food was...I cant eat hot spicey stuff and hers you could order the temperature of her stuff mild to hot lol...

    Hope all is well by you..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,
    Well, on the 3rd try they got all the cancer .. Everyones prayers for me worked and I am so blessed by those who helped me .. They cancer had spread through my nasal area but stopped at the frontal brain and it spread downward but stopped at my throat .. The worse was that it was so large they had to scalp my forehead and pull the skin down over my nose .. so right now I look like Elephant woman ..Next Tuesday I go back to KC and have the stitches removed and then in about 4 weeks, if they will go in and cut the skin detaching it so I will have a forehead again and a nose .. Then he will re-build and re-construct my nose .. So that is where we stand right now .. Still having a lot of pain to deal with .. But at least I am cancer free today!
    Love, Kisses, and Hugs to you my dearest friend.
    Always,
    Jo

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya SweetPea..
    Jo..WHAT can I do? Anything???? I have NO right to complain about one thing-- and you endure this.. Bless your heart, everyone is keeping you in their prayers daily and always ask me for updates. Judi is doing better as far as I know Ive not heard for a while. Jo, you know how to reach me, and if there is ANYTHING I can do, just YELL.. :-) I luv ya kiddo...
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker