ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

~2 Days In A Row!~


Well 2 Days in a row I have had some great food.!. I mean, this
is good living here.. I LOVE HOME GROWN VEGGIES.. !!!!
The fried green tomatoes last nite, and that GREAT lemon pie,
well not as good as Im sure Ines's homemade most SURELY
was lol...but I hadnt had any in ages, I can think of one time..
back in the hellhome..They had a treat one day where we could
pick what ever our favorite pie was and they HAD that kind.. Mine,
of course, was Pumpkin..I LOVE that, but Ive had that since, store
bought, but it was good...I AM enjoying these veggies tho.. :-)

Tonight I fixed 2 ears of the corn on the cob, I broke them in
half, easier to handle.. I have these little pokey things that look
like ears of corn with 2 prongs sticking out that you push into
the ends of the corn, so you can hold it ..works good. then your
fingers don't get burnt and its easier to drag them thru the butter
as well, got something to hold on to lol.. :-) , and then I went and
I got 2 zucchini out and cut them in half, then quartered them,
then dipped them in beaten egg, then- in ITALIAN bread crumbs.
and slowly fried each piece until they were just brown, THEN
ATE every single ONE of them.!! .lol I could NOT help it.!. Being cut
into quarters, makes them like dipper sticks..and I got out some
ranch dressing and dipped them in it..and YES....VERY GOOD...
a little salt and pepper too and butter and salt and pepper on the
corn now too.. :-) was excellent..


THEN, I got out that yellow pound cake, put a nice slice into a
dish, more a bowl..then I got those strawberries..and cut them
up into smaller chunks..nice bite size..and added some sugar
and a tad of water, cuz I like them kinda juicy..stirred and then
put that over that cake, let it sit for as long I could stand it..then
I ATE every bit of that as well...now..guess who feels like a big
WHAT? lol.. PIGGIE? no no ..stuffed turkey lol... I KNOW how
they feel.. I was going to wait until after I wrote this to cook and
eat..but I got up at 5:30 or so..and I hadnt eaten all day, I was
hungry, so I decided to cook and eat before I wrote this..which
well NOW needless to say I am really tired..and Ready to post
and crawl up on that bed.. my email is all caught up..and I will
see who gets caught with their pants down on cops.. lol They
spend more time chasing prostitutes clients on there than they
do criminals, but they do show alot of that on Cops anymore..
and to me I think theres other stuff more important or interesting
to see,for me anyway.. I like the animal planet.. or ya..the FOOD
channel,

There are a couple women that are cooks that I dont really like to
watch.. they make all this fancy smancy stuff and they are as
skinny as rails..and the one has kinda long hair and flips it around
and all she keeps saying a dozen times is to use the EVOO..which
is extra virgin olive oil..well she says that 6 times if she says it
once.! They make all this off the wall stuff that, well like Emeril..I
wont ever make the stuff he does.. I like just plain down home food.
theres one lady, has a southern accent and she is nice size too, she
makes the kind of stuff I would make..meat, and potatoes and veggies
and some fast easy good deserts.. There was a southern guy..Wilson
I think was his name..he was so good..And funny..he would taste his
pot of beans and say that he GAR- RON- TEED them to be good ...
and I KNOW they were..nothing better than a good pot of beans..My
2nd hubby was a Southern boy, and talk about some good cookin?
I can fry some chicken..well..ask Donnie or my husbands about it..lol
I think what makes a good cook is that the COOK LOVES FOOD lol
I see a skinny anorexic looking woman cooking? no, then I dont watch.
she aint eatin HER own Food if shes THAT skinny..lol.. :-)


I do miss cooking tho-I enjoyed it.. the time my ex and I spent
cooking a nice meal..we would talk and prepare our dinner..then get
to enjoy the fruits of working hard to make that dinner. We enjoyed
that. He had NO idea how to cook at all.. He really got into cooking and
I bet he still is today.. If you like good tasting food and certain kinds..
well its like anything ..you will do good at it - if you LIKE what you
are doing.


Happily I can say I did NOT make a mess either, no mishaps..but
then Raelynn came today and Dutch was pouty after she left, he
always is.. so was a good time to cook cuz he stayed out of the way.
Hes so nosey and has to see and watch everything.. He follows her
around like hes attached.. She does play with them both..but LB
hes just not real thrilled lol...She didnt come yesterday as she had
a flat tire...so called and came today..Dutch was mad yesterday. he
hates his schedule messed up, but was glad to see her..she laffs at
him the whole time shes here, she has 3 cats of her own so I can just
imagine how spoiled they are.. lol...

Now that I have made everyone hungry.. I am off to just lay all over
that bed and have a soda and watch the tv, I worked REALLY hard
today lol, so its.... "Nitey nite".. Dutch and LB say Meowww.. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and Thanks :-)
ALways, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah food: I could talk about memorable meals for hours. I have done most of my cooking for 49 years now. I've had some failures, but last night was an example of a success. I had to go to the ER in a rush with a friend. I quickly took 2 thermouses and put a dish in them that was elbow macraroni, white beans, potatoes and a white sauce, topped with 3 cheeses bread crumbs and basel. I microwaved them and took a thermous of vanilla yogurt, and chocolate sauce.

    yummy. After I got my friend to the er I stayed about an hour or two and then went home. The moral of the story is always have food ready in the fridge.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    Good Moral..and sounds yummy...after 49 years of cooking you should be at Master Chef stage like me lol..:-)
    3 cheeses bread crumbs???
    My question is...WHEN do I get invited to DINNER??? lol.. :-) AND..I aint doin dishes neither lol..I WILL bring desert tho :-)
    have a good Sunday..it is sunday isnt it? lol..
    ALways, Lois****

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear Lois,
    When I finally make it to the States, I can see that my culinary education is going to go into hi gear!!! Sounds like there are many, many real tastey dishes that I need to sample. I'm a bit of a cook myself and we could have great times in the kitchen together!!! ;o) I am sure you would like sausage tadpole - that is little, individual toad-in-the-holes made with cocktail sausages. And I can make Yorkshire Pudding as good as any Yokshire cook ever prepared!!
    Take care, Hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife!!
    Lots of good food here, and I bet you ARE a great cook.. well COME ON..I will Pre Heat the oven :-) and get all the stuff we will need ready for ya!!!
    :-)
    Hope your having a great day!!! :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker