ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

~I Got Goodies~ :-)

I didnt mention yesterday that Raelynn brought me a real goodie..well 2 ,
one was 3 GREEN tomato's..I sliced and fried them today and boy,
what a treat..They were SO good. The last time I had them was..wow..
almost 7 ago years I bet..The last time I remember was when I was with
my ex, and fixing them for us, been a VERY long time..and they tasted
just as good today as they did back then lol...Im glad Im a good cook..

Raelynn happened to go by a yard sale, and found a set of knives for
me! all sizes..in a like wooded box type thing to hold them..And there's
even a pair of kitchen scissors..Its really nice.. She is just so thoughtful.
She went to the grocery store for me, and got some fresh corn on the
cob.If I cook it long enough, I can still eat it-without these lower dentures.
I will find out soon when I am eligible to go and get new ones..I am SO
ready to eat HARD food!!! This soft diet is NOT fun, not to mention the
fact that I look awful with out them... I think I really just need a total mak
eover.. HA!~ they get their hands on me and take them 6 months lol..
JK JK..Im GORGEOUS..I just need a touch up here and there...

Would you believe RAIN again today? My stumps are just screaming at
me these past 2 days.. They get to feeling like they are MONSTER size
and just could explode any minute thats how much pressure I feel some
times, then my invisible foot decides its gonna do a TOE dance and
straightens right out like Im up on my tip toes and the pressure from the
bottom and from the top they feel smashed sometimes.. Its so hard to
describe, because I've never felt this crap before either..well I have
since being an amp but..thats like trying to describe a color to some
one that has never seen.How do you describe a color? I dont know how-
this is about the same thing.It does not feel good is the MAIN thing lol :-)

its so hard to describe something that you have never felt before to some
one else that has never experienced it. I get so upset with ones that try to
tell me, even when THEY have never experienced it.. like what its like to
be in a chair or like that woman from the home care agency-she said
"I see NO reason you cannot SCOOT accross into a car seat and go
with a care giver to the store, its very easy".well NOW..HOW does SHE
know? She has NO idea..and easy? she saw no reason why I couldnt do
it? lol..what nerve. I got so mad at her, what may be easy for even
another amputee might not be easy for me and she had legs-so HOW
would she know? THEN to say that to me? I told her very fast just how
easy it is to 'JUST SCOOT ACCROSS", it is NOT, and until SHE loses
her legs..she will NEVER know, and whats worse..she saw nothing
wrong in saying that to me, I was NOT too pleased with her, and told her
so..someone needed to explain to her just how EASY scootin is...

Ive been sleeping half the night laying down..then the other half sitting up.
And yes I know..because I look at the time..I have a thing about the time.
If I didnt have a clock by my bed to be able to see the time I dont think I
could sleep.. I have at least 1 or 2 clocks in every room.lol. I do. Just in
here I have..hmmm 3..even in the bathroom I have a clock on the wall.
I have NO idea why either.. Just a time fetish I guess, and Ive tried to
figure out why I am like this but have no idea.lol. ohoh..think im NUTZ?

Speaking of time..lol..yup..its that time to get some of those great
strawberries out there..or maybe a slice of lemon pie? lol I KNOW
I am gonna be a big piggie..But they had lemon pie on sale..I had
NO choice.. I havent had it ..wow..A LONG time either.. So I was bad.
oh well... Maybe no treat this week end of my fries n gravy.. hehe :-)
ya sure..now THAT was a bold face LIE lol... no fries n gravy. :-)
have to duct tape my mouth shut :-) THEN i wont eat them ....
I think the rain has stopped, I might sleep good tonite..:-) hope you
do too...Nitey nite... :-)


Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



4 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    french fries: Each area has different accessories with the fries. In NY it is catsup. In Chicago it must be gravy. In Kansas city it is extra salt. The best fries are from belgium. They are twice-fried. Then they have a great belgian beer with their fries.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    Ketchup is good on fries, but Ive had brown gravy on mine- since I bet I was 2 yrs old. Many like cheese..Gravy for me....:-) Twice fried..sounds good, thats like those twice baked potatoes..now THOSE are good too... I think potatoes are my favorite veggie next to tomatoes....
    Hope you have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Mmmm... Belgian beer

    It's 10:15 here and you guys are making my very very hungry long before lunch!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray, amazing huh? lol..Im saying this as I am cooking lol.Im hungry too!...I dont think I have ever had Belgian Beer..I never was a beer drinker.
    All the variety of foods we like we could have one heck of a restaurant lol...

    Hope your having a good day!! :-) a FOOD DAY lol..
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker