ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, July 31, 2006

~Nice to Know~

I like knowing that what I share here... about me and my life,
and how I live, is appreciated.. Means alot to me.. To hear
that the pictures I put here of my self and my family that others
like to see them and know a bit more about me, means alot to me..
and I enjoy sharing them and thinking back to those good times..
and even sometimes the not so good..but then even those still can
be good-they cant hurt you now..but remind you that HEY..
you made it.. :-) and where you have been...

I was chatting to a dear friend today and telling things on my
self, which I am REALLY good at doing..things Ive done.. I have
to say some were extremely hard to do..but at the time I had NO
choice.. The times were so bad and overwhelming I decided the
best way for me to fix it was to RUN... I put my birth certificate and
my photos I wanted into my purse, got dressed..walked to a truck
stop restaurant ..and walked up to a driver, said "where ya going?"
and asked to hitch a ride.. Thats how I ended up in Houston... I had
no choice.. I had to walk away..or I would have sunk..and done things
that I knew I would eventually live to regret..a lifestyle that I KNEW
was NOT for me. The only recourse was to Re-Start.. That was the
best thing I could have done.. By the time I got to Houston.. I had a
job and a place to stay waiting for me thanks to Bill, the sweet
truck driver that let me ride along with him..But then too , I had on
a short mid thigh white skirt..white boots up almost to my knee and a
white a purple striped top on..blonde hair down to my waist....well..
I dont think Sweet William hesitated at all.. and bless his heart- he
was a perfect gentleman ..that whole trip from Jackson Mississippi
to Houston, he was one "just passing it along" and he really helped
me when I really needed it..

That was such a good movie..such a good plot..about passing on the
good deeds done to you and doing something for someone else.. I
try to do that.. Ive been helped so many times along the way..times
when I had NO where to go..or food. nothing..but seemed if I turned
JUST the RIGHT way.. there was someone that gave me a helping
hand.. I cant give the help to someone else like the different kinds of
generous things done for me.. but I do have a hand..well 2 of them..
and I sure dont mind helping or encouraging or just giving someone
a Good PUSH if they need motivated.. Thats the only way that I can
"just pass it along" and If everyone did that just think of how much
better it would be. So many just take advantage of people, are users
and only to benefit themselves, no one else, and what really gets
me is when they lie, to get what they want, pretend to be something
they arent.. Thats so NOT good.. and I cant do that.. I wont do that..
Its so much easier to HELP than HINDER...

I am finding as time goes by that I am losing my independence..and
I think THAT is the biggest hurdle for me, that there are just some
things I cannot do and I just have to break down and ASK for some
help..and I will HONESTLY admit.. I would rather rip my tongue out
of my head than do this..but I just HAVE no choice, and the more
time that goes by I see this more and more, and It, for me is very
scarey and I know I wont like it when and IF this really happens and
I lose what independence I do have now, Lord, I dread that thought,
but I DO see this ahead....not soon..but its ahead of me, and just
how does a person really prepare for that? I dont think I really can,
because I have NO idea when it will happen or truthfully IF it will ~!
I hope not..but then again, WHO knows..ONLY the shadow..lol...
I loved that old radio show when they said that.. ONLY THE
SHADOW KNOWS.. was some mystery theatre that was on the
radio years ago.when Sargent Preston of the Yukon, or Sky King
were on..or Amos and Andy and Jack Benny that my parents
really liked... We all had our favorites and we each had a turn to
listen and sat together as a family to listen...wonderful times..the
kids today and families dont really realize how great those times
really were...The good old RADIO DAYS.. :-)

Well What is ahead of me right now is a squeaky clean kitchen that
Raelynn cleaned up for me today and I am going to go out there and
fix some dinner.. I am really hungry..and of course lunch was NOT
what I felt like eating after I looked at it, I dont know really WHAT I
want tho, trying to decide what wont take forever to make and what
will not be just wear and tear on my arms, they get SO heavy when I
have to keep holding them up..like to stir or fry something- I am really
hungry for some chicken and rice with to-ma-toes..lol...thats really
good. it takes awhile to fix and I dont think I can wait THAT long lol.
SO ............ I think I will just go and stare into the pantry and freezer
for a while and see what jumps out at me.. BESIDES DUTCH lol.
Hope you have a good dinner, I need a COOK.. :-) Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya...and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

6 Comments:

  • At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been cooking and working in kitchens for over 50 years. I like good simple foods in the current heat wave. I started supper with a bowl of Schav with hard-boiled egg and sour-cream. Schav is soup made from sorrel or as the French call it Oseille. I love cold soups in the summer yummy. More about cold soups later.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    You are up early or late ? lol...I have never tried a cold soup, not that I can remember anyway, I dont know if I would like them or not, Im just a plain jane I guess. :-)
    Hope your staying cool..Its so hot here you could fry a egg on the road.
    Have a good day,
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    That sounds like a hard and potentially dangerous time for you. I am glad that you hade it through OK.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray :-)
    good to hear from you...
    Ya, kinda was :-) Hope your staying cool and dry . I'm tryin to :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I have not left my office since I got here early this morning. I even was able to replace a face to face meeting across town with a conference call and the promise of a group followup in a pub at the end of the day.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well hey, great place to have a meeting at a cool pub! The lunch lady said it was just horrible out. I am just so grateful I dont have to go out in this.. Im having fun making a mess myself ..I am just TOO good at that lol..
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker