ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

~What Happened To July?~


I think was just yesterday I posted that about Sunday Dinners
didnt I? This is almost the last day of July..I just dont know
where these days are going so fast.. Maybe its these wheels?
:-) Its something.!. I feel like the time is going by so fast and I
just cant seem to get ONE thing done that I say "ok, time to
do this or that" and NEVER do it... I have gotten so bad about
putting stuff off to another day.. I should NOT do that..cuz when
THAT day gets here well I have other stuff to do.. I know I know,
I just stay so busy, I have such FULL schedule...well I do lol..
I Have SO many things that I have to keep track of,...lol... :-) ok
not that many, and truth told..nothing major lol..only deciding
what Raelynn will do the days shes here ..well daily tho I do plan
what I want to write here lol.. THATS a BIGGIE lol.. But lots of
fun and DOES keep me out of trouble..well not that I get in any
anyway,, I try to..but I just cant seem to... :-) *SiGH*. :-D

The past 2 days I have ate myself almost stupid.:-) .all these fresh
veggies, but sure a treat.. I just hope the delivery of these doesnt
stop..lol...I have my mouth all set for some green beans..and
to-mah-toes.. lol..squash and corn.. I bet I have written a dozen
times here I MISS MY GARDEN lol.. I do, I would gladly go out,
well not in this heat..and tend to it.. I bet if i had a nice little wagon
and all my tools in it with me I could do a good job..and if the beds
were raised would be pretty easy I would think....

There was a warning on TV last nite about the heat index the next
few days that it will be over 110 degrees out ..THATS HOT.. I have
my Air on...and I see the heat almost rising from the sidewalk out
there its so hot.. the air seems to move almost, so I know its hot
out.. These poor people that work in these factories and have no
air conditioning.. VERY hard to do.. When I worked for a sewing
place down there in Indiana, I was offered another better paying job,
I went to my present boss and told him I was made an offer I really
cant refuse, and I was going to quit.. He reminded me that the pay
might have been higher but THEY had Air in the summer when it
got so hot.. And a sewing place DID get hot..those machines all
cranked up and so many people in a small space, every inch used
to capacity..and hardly ANY air.. I remember those places.. I still
went to the one with no Air tho..the money was just too good to
refuse... I had, well have, good qualifications for running quite a few
different kinds of sewing machines.. I think..about 5 right now that I
can operate..and quite well, not bragging ..just FACT ;-)

Ive always had a sewing machine..I knew no matter what, I could
make a few dollars using it as long as I could get my hands on some
material and thread.. My sewing machines Ive had in my life..I will
admit have saved me many times from going hungry.. With one of
those I could always find something to make that I could sell at a
shop or to someone.. Ive had my own sewing business ever since I
first left home..and all through the years have always had a sewing
room.. I used to even make hats..that was fun...I made all kinds..I
made them for a lady and the only problem I had was making them
and putting someone else's label in them.. But I loved designing
them and coming up with ideas.. My ex brother in law LOVED the
fact I made hats..he was a welder, and they are SO funny about the
caps they wear..I made his special..reversible and only 1 of a kind,
no repeat of material..he loved that.. when they got popular where he
worked I had to promise that NONE of them would be the same as
his lol...And no one had one like anyone else, I had enough material
that each person could have had a dozen hats all different.. He liked
the reversible idea too. well they all did..

A friend in Indiana made hunting blinds out of camouflage material..
I asked for some of the scraps, so I could make some things for my
ex as he was a AVID hunter..and HEAVEN forbid his hunting clothes
didnt match . ( they have deer police you know for matching hunting
clothes) lol..so i made all his hunting gear from suit to hats to belts
to even his seat for his tree stand ..ALL matching.. The guy that had
the business of the hunting blinds..just threw all his scrap material
away..I took him about 8 or so things I made out of his scrap..he was
really amazed lol.. I helped him design some things and they started
a whole new part of accessories ..The fanny pack belts were the
biggest hits, very popular.. I made quilts when I was in the hellhome..
that kept me sane...lol..well once I got it back anyway ..my sanity..it
was really lost for a while in there, but the sewing helped.. I guess
having a sewing machine with me was like having a loyal companion
that had been with me all my life back in it..reminding me that at one
time I COULD do something.. :-)

Loyal companion...well I have 2 that are staring at me..wondering
what I am going to do.. Ive been eating before I post so I havent been
going out into the kitchen afterwards as much lately, so the boys just sit in
the door way now waiting to see which way I am headed when they
hear this puter shut down.. lol Its fun to keep them guessing..keep
them on their toes so to speak...lol :-) I am a tad hungry tonite tho
so I may have to go and check on the condition of that lemon pie lol..
so I better find the publish button and say "nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



6 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    This picture shows a sweet little woman in her chair... Showing a little glimpse of her sweet legs, and wawing with her sweet little hand... All these sweets aint too good for a diabetic like me....BUT I JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THE SWEETEST LITTLE WEEBLE IN THE WORLD!
    Take care dear, and KAO
    ***+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Rob,
    So nice to hear from you. No sweets arent good for a diabetic but depends on what kind..I think I would be ok..lol..
    Hope all is well by you. How is the new puppy doing?
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the summer, I try to eat a high-fiber, low-fat, salty diet - we need salt for fluid retention. Lucky for me, my blood pressure is average so I can eat foods with natural salt. I do not add salt to foods tho. Example I will eat a pecarino romano or feta cheese, which are salty, but add none of my own salt.

    In this heat - I do not go out mcy. It is up over 100F or 38C. temperature wise.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar,
    I cant use much salt either, Makes me so thirsty, lots of foods add alot of salt..Campbells Soups to me have and the potato chips are just WAY to salty.. I add a little when I cook.. easier to add than take it back out! lol..
    Stay cool..its SUPER HOT here. Try to have a good day.. :-) eat something lol.
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Wow, great photo, Lois. One of the best. Thanks!

    I'm glad you are able to get all those fresh vegetables. One of the bast parts of summer.

    We are getting the hot weather here in the middle of the week. Sounds pretty awful.

    Stay cool!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Gray :-)
    Your most welcome and thank you :-) Just me...

    The past few days with these veggies, well I am in my glory, let me tell ya. I really am enjoying it. I just hope these with the gardens keep me on their extra's list.. I told Dawn if she wanted to do some canning I would help her.. Canned to-ma-toes..They are so good in the middle of winter..on some nice hot buttered slices of toast..salt and pepper..MMM .. hmm THATS good ANY time!!! :-) well I just sat here and made myself totally hungry LOL..and its only 10 am~~!!! thanks Gray~~!!! gettin even hey?? ;-)
    Stay cool buddy.. Im tryin to .. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker