ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

~Go To A Good Place~


A while back a friend told me when things get bad to go
to a good place, where things were better or happier and
you could forget all the things that were wrong in your life.
To help you get through those bad times.. Or at least let
you have some reprieve from the things that are troubling
you.

The Picture is of Kelli, on the left, and Nikki, in the pink,
and me of course in the middle, This was such a happy
time. We were living in my mothers house and I had the
2 girls staying over night with me, Donnie had come all
the way up by me to vacation with his mom and dad
he and his then wife Shirley had come up to a camp
ground to stay with Donnies parents. It was a really nice
place and Barb and Bill had a wonderful time with all
3 of the girls and of course time with Donnie.

Shirley, was not really pleased with the camping site
and the weather was not the greatest and it was NOT
very warm. The girls and Donnie of course had a good
time. We drove back and forth from the house every
day to see them and then they came and spent an
over nite so we could take them fishing etc. Donnie
loves to fish. He goes to Canada once a year to fish.

Barb and Bill had a winnebego at the time which is a
motor home. They went all over. I believe they still have
it. They are both retired now and can do all that travelling
that they couldnt do when they were raising their 4 kids
Donnie has a sister and 2 brothers. He is the only one
that doesnt live by his parents though.

I met Donnie at my brothers, back in 83, and he wanted
to get away and start a new life somewhere else. So we
offered him a job in our tree service and let him live with
us.. So Donnie and his girlfriend Kimmie, moved in with
us for a year. Then they moved out just before Kelli was
born. Ive known Donnie for a long time. Hes a hard working
happy guy. One of a kind.. And the girls? they are the
prettiest in the whole town as far as Im concerned.. They
are really pretty all 3 of them...Im proud to be their Gran
as they call me...I call them my honeygirls, just like I call
my neices my honeygirls...below is Nikki and Amber..

I have tried this day not to dwell on all this stuff here as the
stress is really getting to me..and I need something else to
think about in my mind. But I keep going back. WHen I sit
here at my computer and dont do anything but read email
or play solitaire I feel guilty like I should be doing something.
yet I know there is nothing I can do on a saturday.. But on
Monday there is alot of digging I want to do..I have to find
out alot of stuff so hopefully I will...

Raelynn came today and we are all squeaky clean, she
cooked up some yellow squash for me with butter and
onions..fried them ..she cut it into slices..talk about good!
wow..they were excellent.. I enjoyed them alot and I ate
BOTH of them..OINK OINK lol..they were good and it was
such a great treat..I sure enjoyed them..So I am not hungry.
I am going to get a soda and play a game of solitaire and
lay this body down..I am tired..was a long day ..Time to
say Nitey Nite, Sweet Dreams...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV ya ..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What lovely pics - what gorgeous girls (yes, that includes you!!) Those youngsters were really pretty and I believe they still are. What a good idea to go to one of your happy places until you can get your teeth into some research to-morrow.
    Take care, Hon, lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I dont see much of a computer, and therefore not much of you either...And not even the dragon.... I travel in my work as you know, and this weekend i got only 24 hours at home, and today is election-day here in sweden, too... Take care dear until next time i get a chance too talk to my dearest little lois once again.... Im longing gruesome 4 u...
    KAO
    ***+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Arent they just honeygirls? so lovely and still are just beautiful. Im tryin Raife, I really am...

    Hi ROB!!!!
    How good to hear from you ~!~ I have been worried about you and sure miss ya :-) so glad your ok though and Please stay in touch :-) take care ..
    Always, Lois..****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker