ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, September 14, 2006

~Scared Is A Bad Feeling~

I told a friend today that I have not in a long long time ever
felt like I have now for the past month and I really dont like
this feeling . I am SCARED. I cant remember ever being
this bad, even as I lay and waited for them to take me into
the operating rooms to take my legs, or to even repair my
heat.Being this scared I dont like. and I AM this way mainly
because I dont have legs. Scared is such a lonely feeling.

A dear friend phoned me the other day that was concerned
about me and I have known him for quite a few years but we
never talked on the phone, we chatted and he got mad at me
because I was whining and just being a big baby which I was,
My phone rang and I heard him it was so good. It was like 2
arms came through the phone and hugged me and made me
feel better. A friend from Australia phoned and was so sweet
he made me feel like all over the world the friends I have do
care for me and how my life is going, My friend way down south
and even though facing a hurricane still managed to call and
ask how it was going... This makes me feel so good It really
does...I know I am not really alone...

When Raelynn and Wayne and I went to breakfast and to sit
across from a handsome strong man was so nice, to be able
when I talked to him to reach out and pinch his arm or pat it,
to be able to do that was so nice, I really realized just how
much I am really alone and how much I miss that. Its not the
same to hold one of my boys and cry they love me and try so
hard to make me feel better, I held LB the other day and usually
he wont let anyone hold him ..he let me and as the tears rolled
down my cheeks his little rough tongue licked them away and
he looked so lovingly at me I cried even harder that I had so
carelessly endangered their home. What If I cant find a place
that will allow cats or what if they only allowed one.. How would
I choose between my boys as to which one I could keep? It
would break my heart...I have been so careless..

The nurse came today, he was very nice, and he said he is just
the assessor, and he drew blood and took my temp, I have a
fever and my Blood Pressure is EXTREMELY high, and my
scar on my left stump is looking very serious. He phoned the
Dr. while he was here and she ordered it so a nurse would
now come twice a week to monitor me and they are concerned
about the scar and they will draw blood weekly which is SO
not a good feeling.. They can only draw from my thumb. I will
have a nurse for the next month possibly longer and he
suggested I have a caregiver move in with me.

All this crap has taken such a toll on me. Chris phoned today and
we got in a big fight and he said I cannot talk to him any more I have
to go thru HOPE. He said the eviction will go thru.. I asked him to
just give me some time and I will get out but I need time.. and to NOt
take my HUD. I checked the paper today for houses and apts to
rent and there are very very few and the rent starts at 4 -500 a month
I cant afford that. If Raelynn and Wayne and I all live together It would
save each of us.. What if I couldnt afford to have the inter net? THat
would NOT be a good thing. I only get $603.00 a month to live on.
and it sure doesnt stretch very far, I will have to be very careful...

Well I didnt sleep but a couple hours last nite and I havent eaten any
thing, not since tuesday and i am NOT even hungry .. I will just get
a soda and maybe play some solitaire. I do have my bank statement
I need to balance but I dont think THAT would undo this stress at
all~~!!!!! :-) Probly make it WORSE lol...anyway, hitting the publish
and sayin Nitey Nite, hope your day was better than mine.

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? Luv ya.. and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here in New York City we have so many people who are willing to advocate for clients. NYC used to be so concerned in the 30s and 40s. Milwaukee in the 30s had a concerned mayor. Now there are many people who are hateful - that is ad. In France - they used to be concerned with the people who lived in one's own commune. That is where the word communism came from. Christ was concerned about the poor. To live on $603 is poor alright. I only get 701 or so, but I live here rent free. Try to network with people.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear Lois,
    There must be a lot of us who would just love to take you on our lap and just hug you and say "It's going to be O.K. Hon, have a good cry and get it all out of your system for a while". I'd be there like a shot, but some fool put a darned great ocean in the way, not to mention a few lakes!!.
    Take care, Honey, I'm thinking of you and praying for you all the time. Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I'm so sorry that you are going through this hard time. I really do believe that in the end you will come through it OK, even though thigs appear dark now.

    Best wishes to you.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    I was checking about the Hope network that you so often refer too. From your experiences with their attorney I find them to be quite the opposite of their mission statement:

    The mission of Hope Network is to enhance the dignity and independence of persons who have disabilities and/or disadvantages. We believe each person is created in the image of God and therefore has an intrinsic worth and dignity. We give each person optimal opportunity to develop and function with full human dignity. We treat each person as a whole human being with physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Its really hard to make a go of things when you live so far below the poverty level there is NO level for you...

    Thanks Raife,
    Well we could pull the drain plug on that big "pond" lol..

    Thanks Gray :-) I sure hope so too..seems everything I try to do it doesnt work.

    Yes, the attorney for Hope and HOPE itself does NOT follow their statement. I asked Chris yesterday if the attorney didnt have any heart, but everyone is so worried about their jobs they dont care who they step on to keep it.. HOPE is a big fake, they dont care at all...Neither does HUD, all we are to HUD are Numbers and freeloaders..
    ITs really sad, when this kind of treatment destroys a persons health as well as their self worth..

    Hope y'all have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker