ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, October 30, 2006

~Fall Day~


Today was a beautiful fall day, kinda warm and sunny yet
fall was in the air.. I took a picture, well 2 of them of the tree
across the street with the morning sun on it.. It looked so
pretty. The photos look grainy but they are thru a screen,
which makes it look like that..But that tree this morning was
so pretty. The one by the driveway was just gorgeous and
it was red.. Each tree has such a wonderful color..

I have some old books that were my dads.. Inside I found leaves
from his trees.. He loved the woods.. He had to cut down his
Mountain Ash tree it got bigger than the house and the trunk
almost split down the middle..it got very unsafe. The birds loved
that tree when those berries were all red.. He planted a black
Maple.. just beautiful.. Some of the leaves were from those
trees, and to see them and feel them, knowing my Dad had put
them there a LONG time ago..sure brought back memories..
He died in 1989.. 17 years ago.

I remember he wanted a Tamarack Tree.. It looks like a Pine
Tree but the needles are velvety and soft and it has a odd
color of green than an ordinary Pine tree, yet it is a variety of
one.. Every time he would go out in the woods, to hunt or to
pick berries, or fish, he looked for one of these trees.. One
summer I had gone home and my Dad asked me to go out
and look at his Tamarack Tree that he found and transplanted
in his yard.. It was beautiful.He had a great spot for it..and he
was so pleased that he had found one.. From what he said
they were hard to find and in places people didnt go , like
swamps etc.. He loved his...

Growing up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan you appreciate
the outdoors as it is ALL National Forest up there and you either
do stuff out doors or sit inside all the time..And to go out doors
meant WOODS.. The trees sure made that some of the best
smelling air around too...The drives along the rolling hills through
all the trees , the highways as well as the small back roads just
glow with color in the fall.. My sister and Stan drive up there
every fall just to see the fall colors.. It is a wonderful drive.. The
U.P. is God's Country...Just beautiful..But ya gotta love trees
and the out doors to live up there and oh...ya.. be prepared to
drive almost 50 miles if you want to go to McDonalds ..Now
THAT is the truth.. but I think it was really only 46..:-) Was a
gorgeous ride though... :-) worth it in more ways than one :-)

A friend from the shelter came by with her new husband and
her 2 daughters.. Was so nice to see her... She left there just
a few days after I did.. They think people actually LIKE being
there.. I didnt..Alma didnt.. we would have had more rights
had we been in jail!! Im glad we are out... That was one thing
I will never forget..the way it made me feel.. I just cant even
hardly put into words..Now THAT is something for ME hey??
lol...

Well Donnie is on his way over to adjust my water heater, the
water is scalding hot.. He had to come to the store here and
remembered I had asked him to turn it down the next time he
came.. It is BURNING hot.. My Chimer? well that sweet thing
is in there on that shelf just tickin away and right now I am
listening to the sweet BONG..six times... I LOVE IT.. See? I
guess it knows its home.. So do the boys.. They have settled
right in.. Tomorrow Raelynn will do some shopping for me.. I
have to send back the stove.. It is very very dangerous for me
to use.. The burner knobs are on the back of the stove.. I
would have to reach across the hot burner to be able to turn it
off.. THAT is most definitely NOT safe...I bet they didnt think
of that..but I didnt either till I turned on the burner later to see
if it worked..it did.. Its a great stove..but.. I m scared of it...I
cant use it.. I think a hotplate may be just the ticket..My sis
brought me one and I am going to try that out..see if I can
get a couple microwave carts to put it on..next to the oven/
micro.. I think that might be best...safer...Nitey Nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya..and thanks..
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes Lois the trees are so gorgeous right now with all the different colors yellow, orange,red and green. Each tree is awesome to look at right now. WOW sometimes I don't think it can get more beautiful... but it does.
    It sound like you had a big day.
    Bob and I started a exercise class today at the senior citizen, 1 hour 3 times a week. My sister Helen wanted us to start going so her husband John would not be the only man doing the exercise. The other men all playing games and drinking coffee. John had back surgery in July so he still trying to get his strength back. He came real close in being in a wheelchair for life.
    You are really good at writing, maybe you could write a book.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois! Im so glad you have something to look out at, its better than the former place, isntit?
    I hope evrything proceeds smothly for you, and that we soon can se eachother again. And you know in what way... ; )
    K A O
    ***+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    So nice to hear from you..I love writing its a sort of escape for me. Ive been told that a few times.. I have considered writing a book...

    Hi Rob..
    So nice to hear from you..Yes, I like it here alot better, noisey here but its ok..the boys like all the action outside. specially the huge squirrels. I think they deliberately antagonize the boys... Its a cute little house.. when its all fixed it will be just fine.

    Hope y'all have a great day! So nice to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker