ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 20, 2006

~Noisy Street is ok~


Im sitting here in MY living room, at this computer, my
boys are asleep nearby. The noise of that busy street
outside I can hear almost every car, I dont really mind,
it just reminds me there ARE other people out there..At
the old apartment, I never saw but a car every so often
go by in that parking lot..IT was very quiet there..but I
kinda like this sound...I was thinking of those still at the
shelter..wishing they all could find a place..That daily,
hourly nagging fear of "WHAT am I going to do" that
eats at you..I know how they feel...its so sad...Most
everyone really tried hard to find a place..I did and I am
so grateful to be here...I am... :-)

A young couple..looking for a home for their 3 children,
the youngest only months old...the same story I am sure
is in every town..one or both lost their jobs..and that
starts the ball rolling...and there are so many.. I watched
a tv show about a shelter in Kalamazoo..was a cold night
and over 150 people sought shelter there.. what is happening
to this country that this can happen? The shelter was a
nice building, new, the staff were all very nice, even though
I did have a run in with one or two ..well you know me and
my "say what I think" lol..but they were so strict with their rules
that did NOT work...they really did nothing to help you find a
place, just gave you papers with apt places listed..We did
our own work..and that was about the extent..It could have
been alot better..Even a computer would have helped....I
feel bad for those that are still there.. Alma..bless her heart
found a job..she has 2 beautiful girls...8 and 13 and she is
homeless.. I tried to help her all I could..She was from
here but a Puerto Rican woman and just beautiful..only 33..
how traumatic for her..Now she still has to find a place...I
hope all goes good for all of them...It is a good..but bad
place, I dont want to be there again...

Chris, my new landlord came by last night and he said he
would paint the walls for me..and I can take up this carpet
here in the living room and bedroom..it would make it so
much easier...I am having the hardest time finding a ramp
though...I was hoping it would be easier than this.. One
could be put on the back of the house, but be some major
remodeling of removing a door and window and putting
in another door where the window was..the floor is up
off the ground..when you come in the back door you go up
3 or 4 steps...to the kitchen or down to the basement, it
could be done and make a nice area too...I think its wishfull
thinking on that though lol...

We will start to move my stuff in after we paint..soon I hope..
the storage rent will be up on the 1st..I dont want to pay for
another month...There are so many things I still need, and
I hope soon I can get them.a stove and fridge would come in
handy a ice chest and microwave arent the same exactly.
Donnie lent me his ice chest..and we put 2 big bags of ice
in it..well I was here at the computer and Dutch jumped up
into my lap,,he was all wet..his feet..I thought he had been
playing in the toilet again..dipping his toys..he does that alot..
well I had to potty and as I rolled through the kitchen I looked
and there was a small river of water all over the floor..
DONALD had NOT told me to PUT the PLUG in the ice
chest!!! I phoned him about that..he says" happens to me
too, dont ya hate that?" It took me an hour to mop that up
and go back and forth to the sink...the plug is in NOW...

Im tired, I got up early 5 to be exact..its really boring with
no tv tho..Monday..cable and the net ...ill be happier..Im
so tired...Raelynn will be over tomorrow..and so will Donnie..
take care and it sure is good to be back...I missed it
here.. :-) Nitey Nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya & thanks..

Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker