ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 27, 2006

~I Tried Hard Too~


I tried so many times today to do things. I tried to move
boxes, and put things away, knowing that they would again
be moved..I try to push the boxes with my chair and this
carpet is so thick that to just roll accross it is strenuous
and I would literally get so tired..My arms just ached and
I had no choice but to stop. I look around at the little I have
done, knowing that if I wasnt in this chair it would have all
been done 2 days after I moved in..This is so very hard
for someone like me especially with no patience..I know
that if I had my power chair I could move some of this
stuff to where I think it should go..alot of it down the base
ment and come spring, I know someone that is having a
huge yard sale..as busy as this street is I bet it will be a
great place to have one...

I found the swag curtains I want up in here and then Chris
brought this huge 5 gallon pail of white paint..I have NO
idea what he thinks I can do with it..Look at that too I guess
along with the other stuff I CANT DO!!! I honestly..get so
discouraged..But if I steady go at it..will take me awhile to
figure out a plan of attack but I am sure I can get more done.
Im gonna try ..all I can do...

Today was a grim, deary rainy day, a good fall day..a day
I would have years ago made a big pot of beef stew with
dumplings..or a huge pot of beans and cornbread..There
are some things that just go good with certain foods..Like
chili on a cold day or even Chicken soup..the famous cold
remedy..lol...I miss not being able to cook at all..I want a
nice good meal so bad..And I dont mind cooking it either!!
lol..I sure miss my fries and gravy thats for sure..I found my
deep fryer and had to just sit there and look at it..I could
almost taste those good fries it made though...

Im still looking for helpers to come here and lend a hand..
Sad thing is everyone lives in another state or over seas!!
Just how it goes I guess...I called and will pay to add 2 more
weeks onto my storage unit so we are not down to a dead
line..I havent seen Raelynn or Donnie since Wednesday I
think nor have I heard from them.. I will call Donnie and tell
him he has a reprieve tho on the storage move..He will like
that Im sure..I bet that kid almost cringes when he sees hes
getting a phone call from me..Poor guy lol...Hes a keeper
though..a good man..I would be so alone with out them 2..
and Raelynn I most grateful that they are helping me..

I am a bit hungry and going to see what is out there that I
can fix in a microwave lol.. not a whole lot..I have called
so many places my ear is swollen from the phone lol..
I will restart again monday on my ramp quest.. Nitey Nite..

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya..and thanks :-)


Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To move takes so much energy. My new house will be about a 6-minute walk. Closing to buy will be in about 4 weeks or so. I am tired already At least I do not have thick carpet. Speaking of beans - I can buy in the store a 16-bean soup mix from Goya. I put the beans on top of macaroni, with chicken, bread crumbs and 3 kinds of cheese. Then I serve it with sour dough bread slathered with marj or butter and serve the bread hot out of the oven not toasted.

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar, It really Is..specially when you move from a big place to a smaller one..Will take a while to sort out and put away..it will be nice when its done..

    I didnt know there were 16 kinds of beans lol..bet its good though...Sounds great...
    Hope you have a good day today...take care...
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I can imagine how u feel.... But hold out, things gonna get better, i am shure. Still though, you are in my thought all the time, despite all my own troubles. But the silverlining is near for both of us.....
    KAO´s
    ***+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Rob,, so nice to hear from you and know you are ok..I am hoping life will get into a nice calm routine at some time, I am trying very
    hard to make it that way..
    Take care Rob, keep in touch please..
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker