ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

~OK..Why? ~


Today is thursday. :-) you didnt know that did ya? lol..hey..some
times Ive gotten into arguments about just what day it is..I keep
losing the bloomin things !! any way..my point ..lol..wednesdays
they pick up trash..I have a question..WHY do they leave the lid
on the ground NEXT to the can..not On TOP where they got
it from? I mean it started to RAIN LAST evening..and it has NOT
stopped.. So guess whats going into my garbage can? yah.. rain
water..I know the logic as to why- they will say they leave the lid
off it so the can will air out..its 20 degrees out -frozen trash smells?
:-) Wellll no no no..They say you have to have a liner.. they will only
take 1 big bag.pull it out of the can and to the truck.thats it..what
they can carry in one trip..so they flip the lid off- grab the trash and
leave..Ive seen them.. They could just as easily reach in one hand
take the lid off with one, reach in and grab the BAGGED,
unsmelly trash..and put the lid back on the can.. My garbage is
bagged in here and then put into another bag out in the can!
I wonder why tho..it RAINS always the day after trash day it
seems to me!! lol..Sheesh..Thing gets me..last week 3 people
came in here and I mentioned to them my lid was left off the can
I looked out after they left to see if they would remember that I
mentioned it..they had to go right past it.. and none of them did-
lol..go figure..oh well Penny did last week, and tonite Dawn was
here while she waited for a prescription im only 2 blocks away,
and she said when she came in that she dumped the water out
of the can and put the lid on..making the same remark."WHY cant
they put the lid back on?" I said I have NO idea, cuz its the RULES
i guess..No lids do we put back on, i think thats got to be a
garbage mans motto lol. No offense :-)

I want you to know..now..this may be a delicate subject..it is to me
since it concerns a certain part of my anatomy that is VERY
sensitive .. ya.. My BUTT!!! lol :-) no no no..as far as sitting on a
Wrinkle.. I have a wrinkle in my chair seat.. I am still not back on
my cushion..well I have NO idea how this wrinkle got in there..its
right in the back..and about maybe 2. 3 inches from the edge..so
that hits me right dead center of my butt ! and that old fairy tale
about the princess and the pea? well it IS true.. Its driving me
nutz..ok ok Nuttier :-) I think its from folding it up. when I was
going out so much when I was at the shelter.. I still havent gotten
my state ID..I have no idea why..they said a couple weeks..
dont have it yet, might be a phone call day tomorrow..:-(

ANYWAY... sittin on a wrinkle ALL day is not a good thing..the
padding that is in the bottom of my chair is not very thick but it
feels like it may be cardboard in there and a thin layer of foam.
this wrinkle goes from one side to the other .. I may have to get
my other chair from down in the basement.. I still have NOT
heard anything about my powerchair..and well I guess its time
to start doing some real nagging..and just bug these people so
bad they ll do something just to shut me UP~!~ well hey.. they
need to get my chair Yesterday!!! I dont know how many times
I have to stress that but they still take their sweet time.. :-(

My therapyst came from CMH today..Theresa..sweet thing..
I see her every few weeks.. She commented on how nice
the house is looking but was concerned about no ramp yet.
I told her about my phone call from United Way..She was glad
for me.. I told her of my idea to put one on the back of the
house..with a nice deck..but boy the cost of that would be alot.
this place could be fixed up really cute tho.. and its not a bad
area at all ..just a busy noisey street out front..but I dont really
notice.. I did notice tho..that some of the car windows rolled
up tight but I can still hear that thump thump of a radio blasting
can you imagine how loud it is in that car? She and I talked
about what my goals were and what did I see ahead.. I told her
that I dont see what is ahead.. all I know is what I HOPE is
ahead..and that is, that I can live with no worries..no financial
problems..a nice place, I dont think thats too much.. She told me
she thinks that I am a survivor..that nothing gets in my way..that
I do what I have to do, and I impress her with my attitude of doing
what I have to do to live..and not afraid to go after it..That I should
be proud that i could go from a homeless shelter 6 weeks ago to
this great little house..and things going better because I had
fought so hard. !! ....And shes a professional giving this great
opinion of me !! I felt kinda good about that.. :-)

There's a yahoo group I just joined and I wrote and asked Susan
can I mention it here..She has this mail that waits for you in the
morning..and its just such a nice thing to read..well along with all
my other great mail.... She has some of the most gorgeous photos
and some cute jokes..and music..its just really a very nice way
to start a day.. I enjoy it.. check it out.. Susan's Daily Dose . a
yahoo group..Its worth it..trust me..plus she is very sweet..I wrote
and told her that I really enjoyed her sends..and that I would like
to mention her group here..so that maybe someone reading this
today might like a nice little fresh day starter..I do..I have so many
good new friends..Like CherryPie..thats what I call her..she makes
stationery for my very best favorite email program Incredimail.its
a great way to send mail..ITS FUN..These men dont understand
the need for a nice photo or music and a sparkly name for email.
just type it out and send it..lol..welll I LOVE incredimail.. CherryPie
makes some great ones and she does matching taggies IF you
ask right.. I get those group rules mixed up sometimes..thats how
I think I got to know Cherry..cuz I kept messing up on requesting a
tag with my name on it..all fun..and gives me something to do..
Anyway..check out Susans Yahoo Group..Get on her list..its very
much worth reading and seeing the great stuff she sends.. :-)
Well..Im gonna log off of all these programs..and head over to
my bed..I think I may grab a bite of pumpkin bread tho..Ohoh I
do have a mail to send.. its nice to get a good nite , sweet
dreams before you go off to your bed...I enjoy that..and i know
every one likes to get a little kiss and a sweet- Nitey nite :-)

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon Jour Lios,
    Yes you are doing nicely. You should be proud of yourself, I know I am of you.
    Robert

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey
    It really is about time these guys started to think about people with a disability. But I guess they are under pressure from management.
    Take care, Hon, lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Jour Robert.. thank you.. arent you just sweet.. Be careful on the road tomorrow . let me know soon as you can please .. you know I worry :-)

    Hi Raife,
    hows it hangin hon? got them up yet?.the DOORS!!! lol :-) Yes, so many dont..as they never think it can happen to them...

    Hope your day is a good one..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker