ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, December 28, 2006

~This is A TEST~


This is a test..
Now..Look at that picture up there closely....Please to
notice..all of it..Ok..do NOT notice its a bit out of focus..
:-) just look at it..then look at the next one - - - do you see
anything different in the two? hmmm..I HOPE you do I worked
hard here today !! lol..besides the fact Dutch is not in it..:-)

do you notice anything? well I painted today!! I got so sick
of looking at that door facing, all crappy lookin..It drove me
nuts!! I was sitting here this morning and decided that I
was just going to paint it and get this place looking better..
Doesn't that look 100 times better? I think it does..

I just cant reach the high up and I bet I get that drippy roller out
with the long handle I could do it. the hard part will be to get the paint
out of that huge can..into a smaller..I will have to dip it into something
else like I did last time which caused problems, there is only about
a foot more that I cant reach..I will truthfully admit spilt some , and well
it drips a lot ..every where.. You can see the white on the walls by the
chair..its not a lot that needs painted the yellow, and the ceiling needs
painted too..all of it would NOT take long. I painted the lower doors
under the sink too.THAT makes a big difference.. Just small touch ups
makes it look so nice.. so ok. see the hands..first the left..

Notice the fingers a little :-) on them- a bit...ok...a lot..now..see
the sweater? I got it on that too..Well.. I am not the best painter in
the world..but hey..Somebodys gotta do it.. I cant keep asking
Donnie hes got his own home to take care of..so does every
one..I can paint im just sloppy and I have to clean up the mess
I make but Im pleased with my door facing..Sure makes a big
difference. and I did it my own self :-)

I got it on the right one as well.. This hand..look closely is not
doing good.. My thumb base..see the callous? there are 3.. look
at this other photo..there really are 5 spots that go from the base
to the first knuckle..all have ugly calluses on them..These bottom
three do not look good and have only shown up since I moved in
here and I have to fight this floor..

All toll there are 5..the dark spots on the knuckles are the
same thing.. this main one is the one I am worried about.. I
am afraid I will have to go to the Dr. it does not look good at
all..and this is nothing to what it REALLY looks like the focus
is out.. My thumb hardly works.I have carpal tunnel very bad
In fact the dr..suggested surgery to repair;;but I cant do that I
would be bed bound almost I would not be able to transfer..
well I could one hand I guess..others do it..But this thumb is
not holding..It has let me down quite a few times..

As you see .. I am telling on my self..oh well.. see the paint on my
brake extender? I got it there.. on the outer wheel and the black
inner one. .On the floor..a few spots.. ok ok..quite a few spots..I
got it on the wall..where it was nt sposta be.. on the blue :-) I
have blue to cover be ok.. and .. I got some on LB..wel l he went
past as I was going to paint the bottom cabinet..and it dripped
on him..He got so mad..I tried to hold him down ..bent in half now.
locked down of course..and trying to wipe off this huge cat that
HATES hands on him.. Well I made him TOTALLY pissy..he
actually growled at me lol. I got the paint off .. I held him down hard..
and said VERY deeply "JUST STOP IT ...YOU are Getting it
OFF" he just glared at me..but he stayed put..He KNEW he had
me made ME mad..he knows who the HEAD CAT is around here
THAT BE ME!! :-)

I had the nicest surprise..why Im late I had to tell someone so I
bugged a friend of mine and we talked for a while ..well he had
been gone for ever it seemed!!! I was so glad he was back.. I
really miss my friends and I honestly worry when I don't hear and
lose touch..anyway. I got a call from the Commercial News here
(newspaper) and they said a lady had dropped off some food and
a gift for me!!! How SWEET is THAT??? The newspaper lady
delivered the red bag and there were delicious cookies..and
apple slices..and THE MOST BEAUTIFUL .. matching..Pink..
Mauve..and white Striped .Hat.. Scarf and GLOVES!!! well..my
first trip out..I know what im going to wear .. and where
I am going....be kinda nice.. I will make a day of it..go to Home
Depot..then to Chartrand Construction..and then treat my self to
some delicious food at the Oasis..it is SO nice there..and plenty
of room for wheelchairs..the service? well its the best Ive had any
where even in the very best of places..Super place..now THAT
would be a great day hey? Maybe take Raelynn with me..she liked
that restaurant..and she brought me that nice GOOD dinner.. I need
to make plans..I will call the paper and tell them.they can do a follow
up and get more publicity for the two super places that helped me..
THAT would be good for them. and make ME feel good I know.
anyway..

THe note said.."Read about you in the Commercial.Happy Holidays!"
How wonderful is this? I was almost speechless when they called
and told me..and then delivered this..I am just so pleased..that is so
nice that this lady..Bev..did this.. what a nice thing to do.. I am just..
just. well. so very grateful.. She gave me her email and I will write to
her as soon as I finish this..and I want to write out a thank you to Mr.
Chartrand and Home Depot..but I need some black ink for my 3 in 1
printer. I ran it out of ink printing my stories out ..that stuff is so
expensive!I called Meijers to see if they have the kind my HP takes..
they do..over 20.oo for one of those ink thingies.. I read where
Walgreens refils them.. and that I could get a refil kit. I don't think I
could do it.. I cant paint a wall for Petes sake..I could put INK into a
small container with a injector needle ? hmmm I dunno.. I was so
leary of that paint bucket to day was pitiful.. I ran into it once and
all I could see was a totally white floor and me striped.. not strip..
stripEd lol..Anyway. I am just happy.. I got mad about the numbers
thing. I did I felt really used. but.well. that don't over ride the good
stuff I have..his loss, he has NO idea what hes missin.. besides who
wants to start training a 52 year OLD baby at my OLD age.. lol.. I
like old I like young.BUT - I LOVE it all.. specially my bed tonite.
Im tired.I got up at 330 again..I just woke up.like an alarm..been up
all day.I think my bunny is running on slow about now though. as
slow as I roll on this stinkin carpet I should have started there 4
hours ago lol..my bunnys fadin.. Nitey Nite..
Thanks Bev..where ever U are.. :-)

Yall have a good one now y'hear..love ya..& thanks..:-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

8 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see you have done some painting, you are doing a great job Lois.
    I got a window and a door done today.
    Becky sore is still looking better.
    So happy for you Lois more gifts you got today...
    I hear rain coming in for a few days, I hope that all it is.
    Good night my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hello Mary,,
    Yes. I just couldnt sit and look at it anymore and I just do it! Id be here till the cows come home waiting lol..
    Im so glad Beckys would is healing..Yes I am most fortunate Mary.so many kind generous people I dont know what I would do without them..they sure help me alot..
    I havent heard our forcast ..best one I found is my window lol..keeps up to date weather info lol..
    Good Nite..Sweet dreams..
    Always,Lois ****

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What did I do today - Thursday? I went to meet my friend ethel's Intake Social Worker. Ethel is 86, legally blind and I called a social work to evaluate Ethel for Meals on Wheels. After that I shopped for food a litlle, ate lunch and went home for a nap. Up at 6pm 18.00h for 2 hours of news then dinner at 9pm 21.00h It is 10:30pm 22.30h and It is time to go to bed.

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you get the new Wheelchair that moves up and down, you will be able to finish the paint job..

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Honey-Lois you are fantastic!!!!!
    Who else in your situation would paint at home? About the carpaltunnel-syndrome, i have operated that and i know... IT DOESENT TAKE ALL THAT LONG TO RECOVER... Do it!
    You must fell all healthy, well as healthy you can depending your modified body. I feel more and more warm inside as i read about your fantastic way to handle life and i am proud to call you FRIEND.
    You lovely woman.
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar..
    You have such a busy schedule..I dont really like having a day of MUST DO stuff..even though I do have alot to do..like today ..another day of phone calls to find out about this grant..I have NO paperwork on it..telling me anything.. I need proof..I think you would go nutts If you didnt have something to do lol..mr.busy busy..Your a good man Momar to help your friends like that..

    Yes, I have thought of that but I dont know how much it will raise up..I would think a few inches..that will help alot..I will figure out a way..trust me.. I CAN do this..lol.. :-) Id prefer some help..but when I have no volunteers..well guess who has to do it then? :-D ME lol I dont mind..

    Thank you Rob..did you forget something AGAIN??? lol..geez..All I can do is try ..if I cant ..i cant..but TRY is the key word..I lose that and well..all I would do then is sit and do nothing..I cant sit and LOOK at something that needs done .. not if I can figure out a way to do it.. lol.. Feeling better?
    Are you ok?
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes my dear the fountain has stopped, but some flushproblems from the rear still appear....
    Hugs and love and lots of KAO´s
    ****+*
    From your own
    Rob

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob...
    Im so glad your getting better Ive been worried about you.. Please stay in touch, so I know you are ok..
    thanks honey.. :*
    Always, Lois **** + **

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker