ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

~Almost March?~


Have you look at the date? February is almost gone! Did we
have Christmas??? Where is the time gone? It goes so fast or
is it me? seems I get up and the next thing I know its like 3 in
the afternoon and hmmm..what did I do ALL morning .. and look
its been 4 days since my appt. with the Dr . and only 3 days to
March.. I guess that old saying "time flies when your having fun"
hmm did I have fun, and didn't KNOW it? ..:-) I don't know if
THAT is a good thing or not :-)

Talk about a snuggle down Sunday ..its a really ugly day out
today, rain, cold, ice, not snowed much though..I think all
around us got it a lot worse. My sister is on the road coming
back from the Upper Penninsula, I hope they don't run into
bad roads.Stanley is a good driver I guess, not been in an
accident but well.. you want the ride of your life? ride in the
back seat of his car lol.. he can drive and not look at the road
and just keep on goin.. I rode with them once I was in the back
seat..and Stan saw something on the road and he was going
so fast it took him a while to stop,by the time he did get that
huge Lincoln to stop well it was a ways behind us. he tells me
and Shirley "ok ..hold on,im gonna turn around, go see what
that is in the road" TURN AROUND? well that's what he did.
well he backed up..flipped that steering wheel around, that car
kinda leaned to one side and BAM! we were headed in the
other direction REAL fast.. I sat there and looked at my sister.
she looked back at me. laughed ,said " he told you to hold on,
I know his turn arounds" I was all over that seat like a rag doll
and I HAD legs then ! Leather seats are slippery going spinning
in circles at 80 miles per hour lol..well not that fast but sure
felt like it :-)

Stanley got his pilots license cuz his company bought a
plane so he wanted to fly it.. he says "Lois you gonna let
me take you for a ride in the plane?" I looked at him like..
he was kinda out of it... I said " your kidding me, right?
Stanley, I have a hard time riding with you in the car..and
you think im gonna get up in a plane with you? your kidding,
I love ya..but no thanks!" can you imagine? he did one of
those flippy things with that plane and me in it you KNOW
what would be flippin on me! I don't like to fly to be really
honest about it.. Im claustrophobic and I don't like heights..
not at ALL.. I have flown, many many times.. to Hawaii and
home from TX , ive flown..but as time has gone on..no..I
really don't like to .. not any more..

Ive not flown since ive lost my legs and Ive heard some really
bad stories about it.. and scares me.. The biggest part is
the transferring from my chair to a aisle chair then to the plane
seat..and then back if you have to potty during the flight..I was
told..now I don't know..but they said their chairs were put in the
hold..and one friend said when she got to the airport they got
her chair out of the cargo part, brought it up to her and was
awful condition..seat ripped and was bad.. for me..I have a
biggie about my chair being out of my reach..I cant do that. It
HAS to be where I can reach it if I am not in it..strange hey? I
flew when I lost my left eye.. I had a huge bandage on it, was
after the 3rd surgery on it..I flew out to TX to join my ex and
my friend Wanetta offered to really help me and do stuff as
I couldn't bend over or anything with this eye..made me ill to
do that.. but the treatment I got was wonderful..I got on the
plane before anyone else..so I got to watch everyone as they
went past me.. its my left eye..and so I asked not to be seated
where the aisle was on that side..so I could see if anyone came
up by me without turning my head. I wanted a window on that
side..they gave it to me.. When I got to Houston,, I had to wait
till everyone was off the plane..then they came with a chair even
and took me off the plane..The flight was very nice too because
me having that huge bandage and all..right after all the people
were on the plane the stewardess came up and whispered
in my ear" mam, we have an empty seat in 1st class would you
like to move up there if we help you..do you think you can walk
up there?" i looked at her like..your kidding right? upgrade to
first class..well i only had an eye injury not a BRAIN one :-) so
you KNOW what I did.. I moved right on up :-) that was a flight.
i enjoyed that specially the champagne.. what a way to fly..

Speakin of flyin..Im tired but i say that every post ending i think..
i got up at 4:30 and been up since.. I took a quick desk rest
about 1 and didnt sleep long maybe hour or so..so this butt is
draggin.. the pic is one from the set I took a while back ..i just
didnt have the stamina to fight my webcam today.. I feel so bad
that my digital is not working I asked everyone what they thought
the problem was and they think something inside since it shows
images in the camera but they wont transfer to a card or show
they are on it ..when I put into my scanner..says no images are
on the card.. I loved that thing and thought i was so careful with
it..and i wasnt i feel so bad about it..was a gift from a friend I
dont hear from anymore so It ment alot to me..well any giftie I
get from my friends mean so much..they really do and I so
appreciate them, i sure miss this camera tho..i had fun..

Im flyin off to my uncomfy bed lol no is not that bad bad but
well could be better. "patience Lois.all will turn out ok".I keep
telling myself that every few hours lol.. note HOURS lol I really
mean MINUTES ..time to say those GORGEOUS WEEBLE
words.. "nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear ? luv ya..and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



12 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger teresajoy said…

    Lois, I hope your sister gets back safely! It's getting very nasty out there again!

    I am so glad that February is almost over. February has had some bad experiences for me. Maybe more on that anothe day. Yesterday was a particuarly hard one for me.

    I hope all is well with you today!

    I know we met in an odd way, but I am glad I met you!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Teresa..
    me too ive not heard, hardly any traffic here by me..

    yes I know was for me as well I have had to take a rest today..I have to avoid stress for a while..Drs. orders .. I am going to bed now..and watch tv till i find that eyes shut button on my clicker lol..

    Teresa will shall become good friends .. I have NO doubt..but perhaps that was how we were ment to meet honey..:-)
    take care and stay safe and warm and INSIDE lol.. nite my new friend :-)
    ALways,Lois ****

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo Lois,
    You should write a book. You are a very good and interesting writer.
    Bonsoir,
    Robert

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Jour Robert :-)
    Thank you.. I would really like to, I enjoy writing, takes me to another place and I try to take the reader with me.. I am just not sure how to go about it..Would you help me? :-)

    Hope you are well and have a great day, take care, so nice to hear from you mon cher ? lol I will re-learn my french one of these days lol..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    It's snowing here now, but I don't know if we will get very much accumulation. There is an emergency homeless shelter near my office. I got in a little late today, after they made everyone leave for the day. It felt terrible to see all the wheelchair tracks in the snow leadig our from the door.

    I hope you have a very nice day, Lois. Thanks for the photo.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Ya, chairs dont move good in snow and make everything under on or over it messy and wet. Why i hate going out in bad weather. Yes, I bet that was hard to see, and knowing they sadly had to be there..Its great they are..but, really not a place i want to be in again.

    Rain, snow, ice and cold here, Hope you stay nice and warm and safe,and that you have a great day so very nice to hear from you honey.hurry back!! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    GORGEOUS WEEBLES are suitable for flying, cuz they allways comes up.... And thats the main reason for flying, isnt it?
    I can see why you dont like being apart from your chair, because the chair is your legs, and who would like to rip off ones legs before flying... NO ONE i think. Keep in chair honey, and do your travelling on the Net.... I´ll meet you there, allways.
    KAO
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    your so sweet, just know how to make me smile dont ya? hope all is well by you, tis rainy , wet and cold here.
    yes I prefer to fly right here at my desk and IN my loyal companion..my chair :-)
    You know how to find me :-)I aint hidin' lol..take care and have a good day honey.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, GORGEOUS WEEBLE!!
    Robert is right, you should write. I almost had to change my boxer shorts after spinning in that car!!! LOL
    I guess my Russian friend has been lucky with her flying. When she comes over here, she flies BA, as theirs is the only direct flight from her city to the U.K. They have always been very good to her.
    When I went out there with SAS, I had to change at Arlanda and had to walk about a mile to the connecting flight. Very difficult for someone in a chair. The distances are so long that the airport staff fly about on foot propelled scooters - no kid!!
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Ive heard good and bad and I guess it depends on the airlines, I cant say as I have never flown since being a DAK. Ive been to some airports tho that were hard to maneuver even with legs..

    Stanley is a good driver, never in an accident, gotten a couple tickets but he honestly scares me, we laugh about it though. :-)

    Good to hear from you hope management is improving. take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Ainsley_Jo_Phillips said…

    Hi! It's AJ from JB! That's a really neat story! I have some cousins who have driven that way in their youth--and worse! The one who always comes to mind is Jimmy. Someday, when I have it handy, I'll share a little story I wrote about him! :-)

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya AJ!!!!
    How GREAT to see you here!!! im so pleased you liked my story..welcome kiddo.. Yes, please share. I have tons of stories, and I do love to write and share them. some great memories,I sure am glad I have them.

    Oh you know how these guys are lol.. David loved that truck and that little car we had, he could do one of those flippy turns too and I didnt know which way i was headed made me dizzy :-)fun part with him was it was on a snow road lol..thats scarey ...

    Hope all is well by you, is snowing here and my sis had to stop and stay over the roads were so bad, and knowing Stanley..he woulda kept on ticking Ive made a ride or 2 with them in a snow storm..lol. So I KNOW it had to be bad if Stanley stopped lol..
    Good to hear from you AJ!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker