ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

~DeskRest~


This is our Desk Rest.. I asked my Dr.if I HAD to go home to BED
rest. she looked at me and said "your on the puter aint ya?" I
smiled and said that I most definitely was..as that's where all my
friends live.. I have to be there ..they are my company other than
my boys". She made me promise I would only take one..and
then get to bed earlier and get more time in bed relaxing and just
not doing anything but watching tv..well. I laughed and told her
some of the stuff ive seen on TV lately stresses me out..so many
saying "look how good I was..what I did"..and the news.. I don't
really watch a lot of that just for that reason..I like certain shows.
Im sick of all the crime shows..I think some of what some people
are willing to do for money .well I don't think I could. but I do like
the animal planet..and travel channel, well I did- I cant get that
channel anymore..but I like some of the cooking shows. I don't
like the ones that make all that fancy stuff I would never make
and the ones where the women are flipping hair and look anorexic
either..theres a southern lady that's really good like that old guy
Wilson.hes not on anymore. he GAR ON TEED lol.. that is
my boy Dutch.. LB is loving but hes the one sleeps between my
stumps.. Dutch likes up under my chin.and likes if I touch him
when he sleeps..LB is not a hands on kittie.he likes petted , yes,
but when he wants it..and its his terms.. lol...kids..

I woke up this morning later than I have been getting up though.
7:30.. but I was up twice ..not out of bed, once I had to move
and change positions..my hip and right stump were just throbbing.
I guess I had laid wrong for too long.. When that happens ..some
times TOO often . I lay there and start to do stump exercises.. I
will kinda lay on my side and lift my stump up and down and
raise it to the side and up.. I move ,, not easily, to my other side
and do the same. I lay on my back and lift each together ..then I
do each one alone.. If my hip or back or stumps are hurting I find
this really helps me.. I found that even puttin my hand on the ends
to tell my head.."HEYYY, theres NO leg.." it doesn't help cuz it
refuses to accept it and I still feel it.. The exercises help..I think
it gets the blood moving again..after laying for a few hours in one
position .

I did get a surprise..I called Sandra at the Adult Protective services
that is my case worker.. I told her by me not having the safety things
I need that she said were going to be delivered 6 weeks ago..that
was abuse..and that was HER job to protect me..and she was
inflicting abuse on me by setting me aside..I know she has other
clients..but are we not ALL important.? and I feel..that finish ONE
job..then start another.. I phoned on Monday and got the things the
next day? that made me glad ..yes very..but also a tad upset..she
could have done this 6 weeks ago when she said she was..and I
could have avoided that stress and a lot of calls to her that she
never returned. She didn't think about the fact that many have more
than ONE issue that is causing them problems.. like me.. I got
some of my stuff..My toidy is now safe, and what a relief. I am
very happy with that..:-)

The man brought a chair like frame he has anchored to the toilet
onto the screws that hold the toilet seat lid on..It makes me feel SO
much safer and so good I cant even begin to say how much better I
feel.. I have a new shower thingie ..that will make taking a shower
so very much easier..but..from putting this on. we found out that the
nozzle is not working right as the amount of water that is coming out
of the faucet is too much and not shutting off to put the water up to
the shower nozzle, so .. that needs replaced.. I did call Chris and
tell him and also reminded him about the toilet.. I will wait to see if
he calls..

Lunch today was..well I have no idea.so when Penny went to do
laundry she stopped at my favorite sandwich place, Arbys of course.
They have a Rubin.. Boy is IT GOOD!!! ive not had one before..
Its on Marble Rye bread. with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut.
talk about good? oh yeah I mean excellent, I enjoyed that..I highly
recommend it.. sadly they don't make the onion peels any more . I
only found out the had..but quit.. they do have those good curly fries
though and they are great. Was a kinda hectic day..and I am going
to bed early..I didn't get one of those desk rests today.. DO NOT
Look at how crappy I look lol. I was tired..Dutch does this each time
I take a deskrest..so I thought be cute to kinda take a few pics of him
hes a good kid and loves his mom..shows hey? lol
its that time to keep my promise and head to bed..so that means
its time to say "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now , Y'hear? luv ya.. and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good night Lois, sure hope you rest good tonight......
    I had a real busy day, Pam birthday she is 28 and my son Robert Leon is 43. Robert is a leap year baby.
    Pam walk to my house today, this make the second time. I quess this is going to be a problem for now on. The first time her staff did not know where she was going, staff was so upset. Pam does not look out for car at all. And when Pam make up her mind to do something there in no stoping her for the most part.
    Good might my friend, God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon Soir Ma Belle,
    Alway interested in learning how you day was.
    Take care,
    Robert

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is 2200h or 10pm, and I am tired. It was a beautiful day in NYC the temp got up to 10C or 45F It was nice to see all the kids getting out of school.

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I also had pain in hips, but not as easy as you to excercise... My long slender legs is heavy to lift, and i aint the thinnest one either. Guess i have walking in stairs too much at this old hotel (they dont have elevator, and the room is on the third floor).
    But the very thought of ME seeing sweet LOIS do her stump-excercises, is something that is gonna make the stairs a lot easier to take....
    Take care of my Netbelongings (you), until we meet again dear!
    KAO
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    So nice to hear from you..Does Robert only have to have a birthday every 4 years? lucky dog..lol.

    Yes, they had a problem with a girl named Terry at the hellhome-she always tried to escape, and they kept alarms on the doors..and on the chairs or clothes of some and if they went through the doors the alarms sounded.

    Hi Robert,
    thank you I appreciate that you like knowing..means alot to me :-)

    Hi Momar,
    We are under the gun again..some 'extreme' weather they say is headed at us again, sposta be worse north of us though,its 4:45 am and pouring rain.. Soon you can plant your spinach :-)

    Good Morning Rob,
    How nice to know you think of me :-)Yes, it is easier to do stumpiecizies than leg ones lol.. thats what I call them.. But it really helps me, sometimes its the only way I can get the phantoms to stop. Im hoping a new bed is on its way, with a better mattress..

    So nice to wake up and read my mail from y'all ..hope you have a good day and stay warm and dry and happy.. :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww too cute(love the pics)....I too have the occasional nap at the desk...hehe Usually when Ive had far too much to drink and end up slumped on top of the keyboard hahaha...It doesnt happen often LOL...Dont tell anyone...

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi CherryPie!
    Good to hear from you again! hope all is ok by you..Yes Dutch has to share with me..he loves his mom..I do that too when Im too tired, its not easy to type with my forehead lol..
    Have a good day!
    ALawys, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker